Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Not sure if I wanna go that hardcore, but Demon's Bell run is definitely in the future. After a break I guess, I gotta do next difficulty in DMC 5 too. This is a good time for fighting games.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Not sure if I wanna go that hardcore, but Demon's Bell run is definitely in the future. After a break I guess, I gotta do next difficulty in DMC 5 too. This is a good time for fighting games.

I'm not sure it's that hardcore. Hardcore is no-upgrades or damageless.

Demon's Bell adds hp/posture to bosses but it doesn't force you to change your play-style. You just have to hit them more times. Somewhat boring.

No Kuro's Charm forces you to learn to parry at least decently therefore it will keep the game fresh for at least one more run. Also it's the best way to fight Genichiro, Owl (Father) and Isshin. It's worth it.

Honestly, I will never play Sekiro on the normal difficulty again. It's quite different in a good way but I would not call it hardcore; it's more like the way it was meant to be played.

No Kuro's Charm forces you to learn to parry at least decently therefore it will keep the game fresh for at least one more run. Also it's the best way to fight Genichiro, Owl (Father) and Isshin. It's worth it.

Honestly, I will never play Sekiro on the normal difficulty again. It's quite different in a good way but I would not call it hardcore; it's more like the way it was meant to be played.

In my estimation I can already parry decently. :lol: I've switched from "fuck this game is bullshit hard I am raising my attack power with trainer and still dying load of times anyway" to "game isn't that hard" on second fresh run without any cheats. Good enough for me. I may get to what you're suggesting I do but I'm in no rush for now. Also I would probably be doing no Kuro's charm but without the Demon Bell effect then. If I'm gonna play with damage while blocking I will not want to also raise HP of bosses.

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
OT:

Possible concept art for a new From Software game (the George R.R. Martin collaboration perhaps?) emerges:

https://wccftech.com/from-software-new-game-teased/

02-1480x833.jpg

03-740x416.jpg

04-740x416.jpg

From-Software-740x416.jpg

Second run done, this time with "Return" ending, which sure looks like a sequel hook. Uninstalled to take a break. Very nice game, gonna miss them cling-clangs pretty soon I imagine.

Sentinel

Arcane
It's just personal zBrush concept a FromSoft artist, Ryo Fujimaki, took to ZBrushMerge 2019 where he was part of a panel. If it was gonna be used for a future game you can be sure he wouldn't be allowed to show it.

Hassar

Scholar
It's just personal zBrush concept a FromSoft artist, Ryo Fujimaki, took to ZBrushMerge 2019 where he was part of a panel. If it was gonna be used for a future game you can be sure he wouldn't be allowed to show it.

Really great rendering! I still think that the prosthetic, fundamentally, should not exist for long given the violent encounters Sekiro has. It does not look too sturdy. And it’s inclusion in the game is so understated (no instances where it needs to be repaired or the main character’s main arm is wounded requiring him to use the less dexterous prosthetic arm, for example) reduces it to a glorified gauntlet.

Last edited:
Giving Dark Souls III another go now and I keep wasting my estus flasks when I want to interact with stuff. Also trying to parry with block button. FUCK YOU SEKIRO!!! :argh:

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice – Activision “Couldn’t Be More Pleased” With Better-Than-Expected Results

“Q1 also saw the highly successful release of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, the result of Activision’s approach to selectively partnering with high-quality developers to leverage our publishing and marketing scale and expertise.

We couldn’t be more pleased with the collaboration, execution, and response to FromSoftware’s critically acclaimed title from gaming communities worldwide.”

I'm happy for this struggling publisher.

Parabalus

Arcane
How in sweet babby Jesus' name do you beat Lady fucking Butterfly? I have close to 20 attempts on her and I can't even get to phase two.

:rage:

When she's in the air (on her strings), throw shuriken and follow up. Otherwise try to stay close to her.

During p2, when the illusions spawn, just run around until they disappear, pillar the butterflies.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Ok...WTF. I've beat Butterfly twice before. Today I go back to do a skill point run...and WTF, she's still alive.

So I beat her again (3rd time now) and FINALLY (I hope) she's really for really real...Dead.

I got a droplet of something and a memory this time, so I think (hope) my save may finally be unglitched (or whatever).

The other 2 times she just kinda disappeared/glitched out somewhere in the 2nd phase and I had to home-bone out (which I thought was normal, but apparently not)

Made a backup save (PS4) just in case.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
How in sweet babby Jesus' name do you beat Lady fucking Butterfly? I have close to 20 attempts on her and I can't even get to phase two.

:rage:

The first time I beat her, I spammed Nightjar Slash and the occasional Shuriken when she jumped up.

The second time, I used the charged loaded spear, just avoided when she went on the wire, double jump her head when she kanjis on the ground.

The third time I used whirlwind slash, did some deflects/blocks, the one when she is on the ground and you get the Kanji, double jump on her head.

Pretty easy all 3 ways, really.

I don't see the problem people are having with her, seriously.

Zep--

Having a charged shuriken upgrade can make a nice difference fighting her because it always knocks her down when she's in air. Regular shuriken attack doesn't always do that and you gotta be more careful with timing. And when she's not in the air try to stay as aggressive and in her face as possible. When she goes for combo of quick attacks - deflect spam. She is the first fight that really forces you to learn how game is actually played. I spent few days on her my first run.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Just deflect all her attacks.
When she jumps on the wires and you see the symbol for a perilous attack, she's going to jump down on you, just dodge away.
When she crouches and you see the symbol for a perilous attack, just jump.
In her second phase she'll get a new combo where she attacks very fast and ends with a jumpable perilous attack.
Her illusions are no worries, you can kill them to replenish your emblems as they drop one emblem each. The danger is that if you leave them alive she'll turn them into homing missiles/butterflies but you can avoid the damage by just hiding behind one of the pillars. However that's also the moment when she'll move in to attack you.
Edit: Her and Owl 2 are my favorite fights.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom