Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Separation of all political topics from the discussion of art(video games) leads to echo chambers.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
It was not even two pages of RELEVANT, I repeat, RELEVANT, semi political argument in relation to the universe of the video game. This is normal. It's how discussion works. It even had a clear ending, I specifically finished my point and said enough. How is making a dozen jokes about DLCs better forum "content" than like talking about the perception of the evolution of the setting in modern days? It's especially annoying when you already have a certain lean in the overall positions held by people on this forum because denying somewhat heated argumentation leads to preserving this status quo which deepens the echo chamber. Every casual unchallenged quip leads to a staler and staler environment.

I understand the great scare of GD overflowing full force into the RPG forums, but there has to be reasonable level of tolerance of "gd topics" outside because "gd topics" permeate life which videogames often portray.

If this forum is meant to be about like no limits discussions of RPGS then you must tolerate the fact that sometimes disagreements exist outside of the sanitized scale of whether turn based or real time with pause is better.

In conclusion

Stop cutting threads so much Infinitron holy fuck

Trashos

Arcane
I agree 100% with OP.

In addition, it is be clear that many RPGs have deliberate political content (and no, I am not one of those who believe that "everything is political"). Why on earth wouldn't we discuss about it in the game thread? It is actual content!

Er.... here is the game thread. You can discuss some of the content of the game, but not all the content of the game. sign: RPGCodex.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
lol, right now there is a page and half of like unprompted muh gays and trannies muh sjws with no like point whatsoever, but if I defend antifa as a good choice for representing the bruja clan in modern night it gets oy vey'd to oblivion

this is what I mean about echo chambers, a thread is not derailed if everyone agrees with each other and happily nods as they all murmur the same thing so it stays connected to the thread, but woe is you if you dare disagree because then you are OFF TOPIC!!!!!!! and you must be cut off to preserve the, the, .... uhm, topical purity of a thread ??

Bohr

Arcane
I remember the old Hivemind being slightly more subtle... perhaps it's just nostalgia :negative:

hlg02sF7_o.png

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
I figured like I'd get distracted by shitposting too much if I just ought access to gd but it feels like I'm getting distracted regardless so idk honestly

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't know who this bitch is in the first place, but I see a need to point something out here.

When making a post in Site Feedback to request demand something, it is pointless to just start ranting about something that took place somewhere on the Codex forum, without context. Half of the reason for posting in Site Feedback is to convince the admins, the other half to convince the Codexers.

And without context there's slim chance of any convincing taking place.

Try again from the start. Build a case. Convince us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom