Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sequels that aged worse than their predecessors

majorsoccer

Prospernaut
Shitposter
What Sequels that aged worse than their predecessors ? here some in my opinion:

Quake 2 - aged awful

Morrowind - Morrowind aged slightly worse than daggerfall

KOTOR - not a sequel but aged awful compared to KOTOR 2

Might and Magic 6 - awful combat system compared to M&M 4

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 - not from a gameplay perspective.Soundtrack,art-style and story in HOMM2 are way better than HOMM3

Master of Orion 2 - terrible micromanagement late game

Civilization 3 - i have no idea why but CIV3 is just boring

C&C Tiberian Sun

Diablo 2 - too long and repetitive

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Sequels that aged worse than their predecessors
not a sequel but aged awful
uRBNU4N.jpg

max payne 3

majorsoccer

Prospernaut
Shitposter
also,all mortal kombat games after MK3 aged poorly and all street fighter games after SF2 aged poorly too

DraQ

Arcane
Does nobody remember Unreal 2 and Deus Ex: IW, or were they so awful that nobody considers them true sequels?

Anyway:
  • Homeworld 2
  • Quake 2
  • MDK 2
  • TES IV: Oblivion (pretty striking example as no matter how you look at it, it's driven into the ground by one or more of its prequels, Skyrim OR both - it truly has no redeeming qualities).

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
KotOR was always a much different game story, quest design and pacing wise. I don't think it aged any differently, it was just always different. I love both.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom