Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Serious Baton Issues: A spoiler or six

Leg of Lamb

Novice
I am thoroughly enjoying this game. I have some minor complaints (no enemy spellcasters, journal from hell, frequent crashes) but the strength of the quests and dialog seem to make up for them.

That is, unless the quests and dialog turn on me. I've been trying to do the baton quests, and I seem to have run into some dead ends.

First of all, I accidentally stumbled on the guy with the Flame corpse before I was assigned the quest by the Priestess. Now I'm carrying around the body, but the only dialog option I get is "I haven't found anything yet." Not cool. Is there anything I can do about this? I tried hopping through the sewer grate and talking to the "scientist" again, but this didn't seem to help.

The disintegration of the Char quest seems to be more my fault, but it's still obnoxious. Through general stupidity, I managed to provoke a fight with the representatives of the Maleficarium down at the Cup and Whatever tavern. Now my contact in the Char still tells me to go down to the Cup. Every time I speak with her, it's as if I had never been assigned the quest. I'd love even a "You're an idiot, get out of my sight" comment from her. Am I missing some clues down at the Cup? I spoke with the girlfriend, but all of the Maleficarium thugs are dead, so I'm fresh out of leads.

Is the solution to just give up on this quest? If I've ruined two of the four baton quests, is the vote out of my grasp? I'm not certain, but the completion of this bit doesn't seem mandatory for game completion. Any hints on what to do about this, even if they come down to "move on," would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Well, the vote for the council isn't mandatory, just a side quest. There is really only one path that you have to follow, and this isn't it.

As for the vote, the houses will always vote for themselves in the election, naturally, so if you have two votes and use them on a single house+their vote you should win the election.

Try this though for the House Char quest: Go down in the sewers near the Cup and Candle and travel north.

Leg of Lamb

Novice
My thanks

OK... I have since solved both quests. I actually managed to pick up two copies of the dead body object and show them to the priestess.

My theory on why Flameblood are burned when they die: otherwise their corpses multiply through division.

I suppose I shouldn't be so quick to ask for help before I do things like kill everything that moves in the sewer. I mean, thieves always hide in the sewer. The smell must appeal to them or something. Why didn't I check there first?

I know this is a bug, though: somehow the first character in my party has a speed of 32 and an armor skill of 116. Neither of these inflated scores actually shows up in combat... she still has 17 action points. I'm not sure if the armor skill actually applies or not... I suppose I should load her down with the heaviest stuff I can find and see what happens.

Strange bugs aside, I'm glad I picked up this game.

Korak

Novice
Re: My thanks

Thanks for the bugs. I'll have Mat check 'em out.

Leg of Lamb said:
OK... I have since solved both quests. I actually managed to pick up two copies of the dead body object and show them to the priestess.

I suppose I shouldn't be so quick to ask for help before I do things like kill everything that moves in the sewer. I mean, thieves always hide in the sewer. The smell must appeal to them or something. Why didn't I check there first?

Note-- if you follow the clues there is a character who points you to those specific sewers. We do NOT ever expect you to just wander around and kill things. In fact it's discouraged.

peace,

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom