Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Set your gaming goal for 2020

Beggar

Cipher
I believe there is enough new games that are worth at least one playthrough. Yet, I haven't finished a single one of them since Age of Decadence, so I won't be harsh on myself with goals for this year:

1. I want to finish:
a) Divinity: Original Sin 2
or
b) Pathfinder: Kingmaker

2. Try out: Hitman (2016)

3. Beat some classics I haven't really touched: Splinter Cell (2002)

4. Learn to play: Crusader Kings 2

Everything is in the place already except for Crusader Kings 2
fe.jpg

Lord have mercy, I might be to numb already for that kind of load :shredder:

newtmonkey

Arcane
I want to finish the following this year:

Demon's Winter
I've already made some good progress on this one, and it's a cool game to relax with late at night listening to heavy metal like back in the day :)

Ultima IV
I finished the NES version when I was a kid, but not the computer version. I've made some progress in this one, but biggest sticking point for this game is the mind-numbing combat. I just need to suck it up and plow through it, because I REALLY want to play Ultima V and VI.

Might & Magic I
I'm pretty far into this one also. Now that I'm done with the classic Wizardry games, I can devote a solid chunk of time to this one.

Bard's Tale II
I'm more than half way through this game, but the mind-numbing combat is a chore. I transferred my party over from BT1 using the "moderate transfer" option that caps your levels, but even so, my party is completely untouchable at this point so I feel like I'm just going through the motions.

Viata

Arcane
My goal for the start of the year was to learn how to play 4x and grand strategy games(, which I used FreeCiv and Crusader's King 2 as the game for that. Now that I already have a good idea of how to play those game(doesn't mean I'm good at them, just that I have the basics down and now it is just playing them[and different kinds of 4x/grand strategy games] to get better at it), my new goal is to get into computer wargames. I thank FEDSMOKER for telling me about those computer wargames.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
My goal for the start of the year was to learn how to play 4x and grand strategy games(, which I used FreeCiv and Crusader's King 2 as the game for that. Now that I already have a good idea of how to play those game(doesn't mean I'm good at them, just that I have the basics down and now it is just playing them[and different kinds of 4x/grand strategy games] to get better at it), my new goal is to get into computer wargames. I thank FEDSMOKER for telling me about those computer wargames.

once you swallow the computer wargame-loving grognard pill, it's hard to stop. you gotta sate your addiction once you swallow it

Ivan

Arcane
Goal: don't buy any game released in 2020, work on backlog and or games purchased that were released prior to 2020 (e.g. Yakuza Kiwami 2).

I want to diveinto the Wizardy series and the Might and Magic games. There are plenty of games in my gog backlog that I haven't touched yet. I think this will be a good year to fall in love with some classic RPGs, as well as more point and click adv games.

Falksi

Arcane
I've a fuckload of JRPG's to playthrough for starters:

Tales of Zesteria (Halfway through)
Dragon Quest 11
Persona 5
Final Fantasy 12 (have played it halfway through before, never got the whole way through)

Then I'm gonna return to replay FFX for the 4th time to with the new HD remake.

Also gonna return for another Dragon Age: Origins & Witcher 2 playrthough. And might have another Divinity 2 playthrough too.

Want to finish Assasins Creed:Origins 100%. Prob just play like 1 quest every few days for 15-20min a pop.

Also aiming to play through every SNES, Megadrive & Master System game I have in my collection (around 200 games). Possibly gonna get some more & go through them too.

Most importantly, I aim to talk a lot of bollocks about all of them on here too.

i'll keep playing old school jrpgs and some WRPG.

games i've never played that i want to play in 2020:

Persona 1,2,3
Xenogears
Suikoden 2
FF Tactics
Tactics ogre series
Fire Emblem series
Vandal Hearts

Icewind Dale 2
Temple of elemental evil
Deux Ex
Gothic 1,3
Jagged alliance 1,2

Games i've left unfinished and i want to finish them in 2020:

Breath of fire 3
Vagrant Story
FF6
FF9

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
Gothic 2

Basically my 2020 is going to be all about RPG's,right now i don't have any interest in others gaming genres.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Keep burning through my backlog. Which means first I have to finally finish Might and Magic VI, which is still a long way down because it is such a huge game.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

once you swallow the computer wargame-loving grognard pill, it's hard to stop. you gotta sate your addiction once you swallow it

What are some of your favorite wargames?

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth

What are some of your favorite wargames?

graviteam tactics is essential. all of entries from that series is worth checking out. my first actual wargame was combat mission: barbarossa to berlin and i played that shit to death during my middle school years ages ago. you can buy all the old combat mission games on gog - they're all worth playing.

for hex-based stuff, nothing beats john tiller. you can get his old stuff on matrix games for a good value

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
To get back to actually completing games. Over the course of the past year, it seems like something time consuming always comes up, whether it's an illness in the family, or needing to move house for my Grandparents or something else. After a long break I hate to go back to a run of a game. I always want to start over. Then I just lose motivation to play that game again for a while.

I hope to have the free time to really finish shit

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Play as many if not more games than I did last year. That number was 30 something in 2019. I also want to do other things a lot as well, so I might not actually follow through with that. I may or may not pick up multiplayer shooters again.

curds

Magister
Buy a decent computer and play some new games. I exclusively use a shitty laptop and have barely touched anything released after New Vegas.
I want to try:

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Divinity: Original Sin series
Doom 2016
Dark Souls series
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
The new Deus Ex games
Prey (2017)
Mutant Year Zero
and maybe The Witcher 3 (still need to complete the first one, then the second)

Some classics I haven't played before that I would like to this year:

Betrayal at Krondor
Darklands
Wizardry 6-7
Jagged Alliance series

And finally finish some things I have started before but never finished:

The Witcher
Wizardry 8
Gold Box series
X-Com: UFO Defense
Prelude to Darkness
Geneforge 2-onwards

Chaosdwarft

Learned
Patron
It will be like every New Year Eve gaming resolution: Get that backlog down and stop buying new releases. And like every year I will fail, the part about not buying new releases. :negative:

Obligatory list of games I wish to beat or get better:
  • EU4 (DLC++). I have been playing this series since EU2 but for some reason I can't seem to handle the 4th entry into the series. Also I feel that the DLC kinda feature bloated the game to a point I don't know what to do.:retarded:
  • XCOM2 WOTC. Managed to finish XCOM EU on Classic+ Ironman after a dozen tries. But I feel retarded with Xcom2, various attempts at trying to finish a Commander+ Iron man campaign . After 13 failed attempts I downgraded to Veteran+ Ironman. God I hate those mission timers (and I refuse to use mods to make them longer, as I considered it cheating). Still stuck... :argh:
  • Ass Creed Odyssey.
  • War of Succession.
  • Pride of Nations.
  • Field of Glory: Empires.
  • DCS. Bought the Mirage in the last Steam Sale. I managed to figure out how to do the start up sequence and how to air to air (even using the radar). Still half of the cockpit is a mystery to me.
  • Manage to actually beat any of my FTL-like games I own (Crying Suns at the moment).

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Gaming goal for 2020 is to try and reignite the magic of gaming so I can escape the horrible void my life has become, also I really need to see about playing some of my backlog.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom