Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Seven: The Days Long Gone - Thief-inspired isometric action-RPG from former CD Projekt devs

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://seven-game.com

https://af.gog.com/game/seven_the_days_long_gone?as=1649904300

Sounds like it's isometric in the Ultima VIII sense, with climbing around and stuff:

http://www.seven-game.com/

about the game
Seven is a Thief-inspired, 3D isometric RPG,
in which you take on a role of a lone traveller.
You’re going to explore a nonlinear, sandbox world
- Empire of Vetrall.

Classic isometric gameplay is going to be redefined
with parkour climbing system that gives you
the ability of free-traversing obstacles on
any height horizontally and vertically.

Quest line set in a „beyond
post-apocalyptic” environment
is created by minds behind
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
You can expect branching
choices with moral consequences.
More to come soon.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/17/witcher-devs-rpg-seven-thief-inspired/

Seven: A Thief-Inspired RPG From Former Witcher Folks

17seven1.jpg

A parkouring post-apocalyptic open-world isometric RPG inspired by Thief and made by a small team including former Witching folks from CD Projekt RED is a confusing pitch (open-world RPG inspired by Thief?), but one with interesting elements. That’s the broad idea of Seven [official site], which publishers and collaborators IMGN.PRO (them lot behind iffy Sean Bean horror Kholat) announced this morning.

At the moment they don’t have much more than some words and concept art to show, and I can’t imagine what the game will actually be like, but it might pique your interest.

Seven is set several centuries after an apocalyptic event, where survivors are slowly rebuilding and lust after forbidden ancient technology. Here’s the official description:

“Seven is a Thief-inspired, 3D isometric RPG in which players will get a chance to freely explore the sandbox world of Vetrall Empire. Set in a ‘beyond post-apocalyptic’ environment the title will redefine the isometric RPG genre. The classic gameplay is totally reinvented by the protagonist’s ability of free-traversing obstacles on any height, both horizontally and vertically, thanks to his parkour skills. The story created by the minds behind The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, will be far from black and white. Lots of branching choices and difficult moral decisions resulting in surprising plot twists, are to be expected from this upcoming PC RPG fueled by Unreal Engine 4.”

They’re probably overplaying the Witcher angle. The only former Witcherer named (and therefore probably the most important) is Jakub Rokosz; he was a senior quest designer on The Witcher 3, but the game has sixteen credited quest designers so it’s not all on him. His new studio, Fool’s Theory, are making Seven with IGMN.PRO. No word yet on when it’ll come out, though as the studio announced its existence last month and only has concept art to show now, it’ll probably be a while.

17seven2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
what the fuck does this have to do with Thief, at all.

-parkouring
-3D isometric RPG
-beyond post-apocalyptic
-redefine the isometric RPG genre (lol)
-(story) far from black and white

Perhaps the lore can provide a hint:

world
Sure, yeah, sit down, take a load off and have a drink. I’ll tell you how this beautiful shithole called Peh came into existence.

When all is said and done, when the ashes of humanity’s mistakes have settled again, nature goes back to work, cleaning and patching up the wounds we’ve left on the Earth. But there are always those who’d rather fight nature’s work, ripping the old wounds open again.

Yep, you’re right. There are still fools enough to do such a thing, even now. Why? Well, a long time ago, our forefathers wanted to bring God down to the earth, drag him down out of the heavens to answer for all of our suffering. Did it work? Look around you, that’s how well it worked. Those poor sods screwed up, and I want to know how. Lucky for me, there’s lots of places to look for answers.

Not everyone’s happy about me rummaging through these once-buried cities. Sure, it’s illegal, yeah. But to be honest, ‘illegal’s kind of an understatement when you consider what the Inquisition Tribunal will do to you if they catch you mooching around out there. On the other hand, what choice is there? Could you steal from mothers with starving children? Or be happy starving yourself? Nahh, I reckon it's better to rob the dead and burgle their cities than steal or starve. Least you don’t have to worry about whatever horseshit the Biotek Order is currently trying to convince you of.

I know, friend, I know. But look – this whole plateau, Peh included, was worth less than a rat’s liver at a cryo auction. And then lo and behold, the earth rumbled and shook, cracked and exploded, and farted out these impossible buildings with their metal pipes full of magic and weaponry only the Technomagi understand.

Those who survived and had enough brains were long gone before the Vetrall soldiers arrived, with those metal damn freaks. Whoever they caught was convicted of heresy on the spot, because of “potential exposure to unwanted elements”.

Ha! Irony is, once they’d put their walls up around the whole Goddamn mess, they sent these so-called heretics back in for a bit of good ol' fashioned back-breaking labour. And between that and the threat of death from magical poisoning came the same lies that have always been told – work is good for you, work hard, work hard enough and if you find just the right thing you’ll be freed. The song remains the same, friend. It’s only the singers that change.

Huh? How did I end up in here? Well shit, that ain’t no mystery. I walked up to them guards outside and politely asked if our beloved Emperor Drugun hadn’t made up their entire holy scripture while sitting on the crapper. They laughed, I laughed, they kicked my face in and threw me inside. Fair trade if you ask me. ‘Cos you know what? Heh. That fat sack Drugun isn’t the only one looking for something in them buildings...

I guess there's some kind of Pagans vs Hammerites kinda thing going on here too?

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
Artwork looks cool.

Didn't care much for the writing.

Didn't see anything else.

I imagine platforming around in 3d... Meh... Also if the combat is as "good" as the Wticher games, I smell 2 hours before uninstall, if I even get to play it... But let's see...

MilesBeyond

Cipher
I'm struggling with imagining the thought process that went into "If there's one isometric RPG we're going to try and be like, it's Ultima VIII"

Beastro

Arcane
Mankind vs Nature?

Sorry, very very tired of that premise. All the more so when it's Nature as they good guy, which it always is.

The novelty of Thief was the Hammerites and Pagans weren't bad guys or good guys, just factions in the City vying for power (With the Hammerites having a lot of redeeming qualities, especially in light of the first games plot). It's one of the few game premises where the pseudo-Christian faction does more good than bad in the end (only one that comes to mind is the Holy Order from Risen 1 and how it's actions are originally presented to you until you realize the greater plot).

I wish we'd see a game (or movie, tv series, anything) where Nature is the antagonist constantly trying to control and limit Mankind into being nothing but animals with sharp sticks while Mankind constantly resists seeking to cut out a world of their own and cease to be at the mercy of Nature and it's random, ruthless whims.

Riskbreaker

The novelty of Thief was the Hammerites and Pagans weren't bad guys or good guys, just factions in the City vying for power (With the Hammerites having a lot of redeeming qualities, especially in light of the first games plot). It's one of the few game premises where the pseudo-Christian faction does more good than bad in the end (only one that comes to mind is the Holy Order from Risen 1 and how it's actions are originally presented to you until you realize the greater plot).
I always thought of factions from Thief as something akin to Law (Hammerites) and Chaos (Pagans) from Moorcock's stories. Neither are technically good or evil per se, but when one of them is taken to its extreme or manages to triumph over other one, result is either stagnation or ultimate destruction of Mankind.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Read up to "parkour climbing system"; this sounds more apt for the game's description:

Seven is a Thiaf-inspired, 3D isometric RPG

epeli

Arcane
Thief-inspired
isometric RPG
parkour system
post-apocalyptic
CD Projekt RED
Now that's a schizophrenic combination. I don't see anything Thief-inspired, but sure, whatever.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
Thief-isnpired.

Screenshots show a daytime scenery.

Still, it is (former) CD-Projekt team.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom