Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Seven: The Days Long Gone - Thief-inspired isometric action-RPG from former CD Projekt devs

Farewell into the night

I played like 5 minutes and then decided to uninstall, but don't know exactly why.

Vagiel

Augur
It's a great product and I enjoyed the time I gave it a lot but... The easy difficulty just takes so much out of this game.

Jinn

Arcane
I re-installed this last night and returned to my playthrough I started earlier this year. There is more challenging combat to be found in the game a little past the initial stage, but I think the real challenge generally comes from the stealth situations you find yourself in. As long as you're not save-scumming the shit out of the game, there are plenty of interesting and challenging moments.

Besides that, as I've said before, the exploration and world-building in this is great, with obvious inspirations coming from the likes of Gothic in that regard. The game is interesting and deserves a closer look. I'd urge people to try the demo out and grab the game on sale if it seems appealing to you.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
I would like to play this, but since I have Humble Yearly, I will wait until it's added there.

Paul_cz

Arcane
So you wait what your IGN overlords throw to you?
In case of games that do not enthuse me enough to buy them immediately, sure, gladly! And when they throw me what I don't care about, I sell it and make more money than what I gave them in the first place. Win Win.

Also got it from the bundle, though I'm curious if that expansion will be a stand-alone thing or if it just gets plopped into the game. If it's plopped I'd probably be better served waiting until the expansion hits. Kinda similar to Ash of Gods when I bought it this year. Played an hour or two, looked on their Steam forums and saw they were reworking the English dialog, then figured I'd wait to play when that hit instead.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also got it from the bundle, though I'm curious if that expansion will be a stand-alone thing or if it just gets plopped into the game. If it's plopped I'd probably be better served waiting until the expansion hits. Kinda similar to Ash of Gods when I bought it this year. Played an hour or two, looked on their Steam forums and saw they were reworking the English dialog, then figured I'd wait to play when that hit instead.
I'd say don't wait for the expansion, it sounds like it'll be a bonus mission on an island or something. Based on Jinn and my experience it's not likely you're going to binge this for 50 hours in one sitting anyway, get your feet wet now if you're enthusiastic.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I got this via this month's Humble Monthly. Might try it during my winter vacation.

Jinn

Arcane
Based on Jinn and my experience

Honestly, the biggest thing that was keeping me from playing this was the performance I got on my last PC. I probably would have steadily played through the whole thing awhile ago if it hadn't been for that. Since I built a new PC a few months ago, I thought I'd give it another go.

Very happy to have returned to it. I really like this game, and it's definitely worked its way into my heart. It's not amazing or groundbreaking - probably more a solid 7/10 - but it's unique enough to have gained my admiration. It's also the kind of game that really starts to gain momentum and get better and better the further in you get. Another thing that I'm discovering as I continue exploring is how great it is at environmental storytelling. Instead of shoving exposition into the player's face, it rewards those who immerse themselves in the exploration and really pay attention to their surroundings. You start to make many connections about the factions, their relationship with the each other and the world around them, the creatures in the world, and the world itself. Reminds me a lot of ELEX in that regard.

Approach it with an open mind and I feel many people will begin to feel the same about it. It starts fun, but a little slow. Stick with it, and it'll start to reveal its charm to you more and more.

ALSO - I know a lot of people have been scared away from the game because of hearing it's "too easy." The opening area of the prison island is on the easier side, but once you get away from there, many challenges start getting thrown your way, combat or otherwise. I'm assuming a lot of people who docked the game points on challenge didn't make it past Zone 1 and assumed the rest of the game was the same. There are hand-placed encounters all over that will take you by surprise and whoop your ass.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The free expansion comes with an enhanced edition of the game, on March 26th:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/471010/announcements/detail/1786146242196809739

Seven: Enhanced Edition premiere date announced!

Hello Thieves,

We know that you’re excited to dive into the new story behind Drowned Past extension. We are happy to announce that the extension is going to be available from March 26th 2019.

However, it’s not just going to be a release of an add-on. Instead, we are going to launch the brand new version of our game – Seven: Enhanced Edition – that includes Drowned Past. Anyone who already owns Seven: The Days Long Gone will be able to upgrade the game to the new edition on the launch day for free. If you have friends who own PS4, tell them that on March 26th 2019, Seven: Enhanced Edition will be released on their platform too!

What will the extension itself contain? In Drowned Past, the player will run into the Enclave, a ragtag group of mysterious vagabonds who have discovered the mythological sunken vessel and are exploring it in the hopes of unearthing riches. But things that are buried are buried for a good reason, as Teriel and the Enclave will discover. With that, the original game will get an array of new opponents, weapons, outfits, crafting schematics and skills.

With the expansion, we are bringing plenty of fixes to problems you’ve reported too. Thus, if you have encountered any bug, please wait for the new version of Seven where your issue should be sorted out.

Before we sign off, we wanted to thank you for any feedback you left in the discussion boards or in your reviews. Of course, kind words always warm our hearts but the detailed constructive feedback is always very much welcome as well. Thanks to that, we can work on a game you want to play, and we can be proud of. Thanks a million for every conversation we’ve had over this past year and we are looking forward to staying in touch with you even more.

Jinn

Arcane
Nice. I hope they're able to score some more sales with this EE.

Also would be really nice if they added a harder difficulty for replays or something, but I kind of doubt it. The original difficulty is fine, but I would definitely appreciate something a little more ball-busting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom