Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Seven: The Days Long Gone - Thief-inspired isometric action-RPG from former CD Projekt devs

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Free expansion is coming:

Developers Fool’s Theory & IMGN.PRO, announce a free 7-hour expansion to the Thief-inspired 3D isometric RPG SEVEN: THE DAYS LONG GONE called SEVEN: DROWNED PAST. RPG fans continue their exploration as serial thief Teriel, who runs into ‘the Enclave’, a ragtag group of mysterious vagabonds who have discovered the mythological sunken vessel and are exploring it in the hopes of unearthing riches. But things that are buried, are buried for good reason, as Teriel and the Enclave will discover.

As creative director of Drowned Past, Karolina Kuzia-Rokosz, who previously was a quest designer on The Witcher 3 for CD Projekt RED, devised the concept, storyline and quests.

“Creating Seven: The Days Long Gone took over three years, and it was during that time we came up with the story arc for Drowned Past. But it was such as a sizeable storyline that we weren’t able to include it in the scope of the original game. It needed its own room to breath and so we decided that it would only work as an expansion,” said creative director Karolina Kuzia-Rokosz. “I'm delighted that gamers will be able to revisit the world of Vetrall in Seven: Drowned Past. They will uncover a whole new questline, engage with new characters, explore added locations, and fight new types of enemies. For experts, Seven: Drowned Past offers more than seven hours of gameplay and will be available for free to all owners of Seven: The Days Long Gone."

Seven: Drowned Past will include new opponents, new skills to implement and terrains to parkour, eight new quests, and about 7 hours of gameplay, all for free to owners of Seven: The Days Long Gone. In addition to the free expansion, all owners of Seven: The Days Long Gone will find that the game has vastly improved. The original game, which is currently available on platforms such as Steam or GOG, was hailed by all critics as a wildly ambition game. PC Gamer called it a “brilliant stealth sandbox and unconventional RPG” and Windows Central said it was “ambitions isometric role-playing game you definitely shouldn’t miss”, and Impulse Game called it an “awe inspiring achievement”.

“Our goal was to redefine isometric RPGs with Seven: Days Long Gone but we didn’t achieve it. Our critical and fan reviews were all over the place with scores ranging from 90s to 40s. But they all correctly pointed out flaws that we have spent almost half a year correcting. As a thank you to those that played the original game or plan to buy it, we will release the 7-hour expansion to them in the hopes they will revisit the open world of the Vetrall Empire as well as play the new expansion. And for those who have not yet played Seven, they will be able to purchase the original game and receive the expansion at no additional cost,” said Bartosz Moskala, IMGN.PRO co-owner.

More info about Seven: Drowned Past and potential release date will be announced in due time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder about the psychology of expansions. If only 4.5% of Steam owners even finished the original game, why make an expansion? I admit that new activity makes me want to revisit the game. I'll still never finish it though, much less exhaust so much content that I need more.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm guessing the creator/studio really loves the IP and wants it to succeed not matter what, even creating free dlcs in hope of doing so.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm guessing the creator/studio really loves the IP and wants it to succeed not matter what, even creating free dlcs in hope of doing so.
This is consistent with my experience. I posted some questions on the steam forums and the devs were very helpful. They clearly want their work to be enjoyed.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, I even got a comment on one screenshot thanking me for buying the game or something similar like that. I wish them all the best though, game is unique.

Ranarama

Learned
As long as the expansion is self contained I might check it out. I'm not replaying the entire game. I remember too much of it being annoying.

The ending was one of those stupid "this is meant to change everything but is really an ending that could be pasted onto any game" endings.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
How good is the story of the game? Does it have more than one ending? Is it linear or can I find stuff earlier, that can be useful later?

Codex Year of the Donut
This is consistent with my experience. I posted some questions on the steam forums and the devs were very helpful. They clearly want their work to be enjoyed.
Yeah, I even got a comment on one screenshot thanking me for buying the game or something similar like that. I wish them all the best though, game is unique.

I'll probably buy the game after reading this. Friendly devs are my wallet weakspot.
:takemyjewgold:

Paul_cz

Arcane
How good is the story of the game? Does it have more than one ending? Is it linear or can I find stuff earlier, that can be useful later?
Did not play it myself, but a guy who did czech translation (and whom I trust to be a very good judge of writing quality) did tell me that it is not only well written but he even enjoyed playing it (which is something he almost never does when all games he translates are spoilt for him).

Vagiel

Augur
I found the game great to look at with a nice setting and story. Many ways to approach things and very non linear but .. it is too easy, to the point where it doesn't really matter how many ways you can aproaapp things and how well you Stealth since you can rush blindly take what you want and run away.

It desperately needs a hard mode because the base of the game is great and gives you a lot of tools to play. You just need a reason to use them.

Martyr

Arcane
I already bought this game at full price when it was released on gog. but somehow the music in the main menu made me uninstall it; to me it seemed more suitable for a cowboy movie than a cyberpunk stealth-rpg.
but after reading about the free dlc I'll just ignore my music-preferances and play it. downloading Seven while typing this.

Zombra

Patron
I already bought this game at full price when it was released on gog. but somehow the music in the main menu made me uninstall it; to me it seemed more suitable for a cowboy movie than a cyberpunk stealth-rpg.
but after reading about the free dlc I'll just ignore my music-preferances and play it. downloading Seven while typing this.
I imagine you can turn the music off in audio options?

Martyr

Arcane
I imagine you can turn the music off in audio options?
yeah, most likely. but I wouldn't want to play a game with zero music.
thing is, music is one of the most important aspects to me. a very good soundtrack can make a game appear better to me than it actually is. and vice versa.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The music in Seven was done by Marcin Przybylowicz, lead composer of Witcher 3. The main menu theme is quite westerny, but that's intentional.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
This reminds me I should play this game. I've been waiting to dive in with a fresh mind, and it never happened...

Martyr

Arcane
The music in Seven was done by Marcin Przybylowicz, lead composer of Witcher 3. The main menu theme is quite westerny, but that's intentional.
whew, so the Seven-main-menu-composer is the same guy that made masterpieces like the soundtrack of Kaer Morhen and Ard Skellig?!
I'm not even saying that the cowboy-music in Seven is bad. it's just that I would have chosen a completely different style of music for that game.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://steamcommunity.com/games/471010/announcements/detail/3114693734129395723

Patch 1.2.0 is live now! [*Edit]

5de70313f30ea74ad1a8ce96ba15b2d42609fd10.png

Hello Thieves,

We know how highly expected our new expansion is, and we want to thank you for all the words of appreciation, but its announcement didn’t mean that we stopped working on The Days Long Gone. To fully grasp the quality of upcoming Drowned Past content, more improvements needed to come to the base of our game. We are sorry it took so long, but finally, here we are, ready to show you the fresh fruits of our work.

Please find all the changes we prepared for you in the patch 1.2.0:

[Misc]
  • NEW: Razer Chroma integration allows Chroma users to fully immerse into the world of Vetral Empire. Razer devices with Chroma support turns blue-ish while in sense mode, lights get dimmer while sneaking or red while fighting.
  • NEW: Razer Blades Chakrams - new type of deadly weapon with Razer signature!
  • NEW: NVidia Highlights integration allow to capture key moments of Player's gameplay (boss fight or player's death) so she/he can keep videos of such situations or even post them online.
  • NEW: Support for wide screens added.
  • NEW: Game font rescaling added the in-game menu - it is now possible to change the size of texts for bigger resolution displays.
  • NEW: An option to invert horizontal camera rotation. [Options > Controls > Gamepad].
  • NEW: Possibility to rebind quick save / load bindings.
  • NEW: Added map pin that shows location of unfinished Rune Riddles.
  • MOD: Increased activation radius for quest giver, schematic and skill upgrade map pins.
  • FIX: Issue with tutorial movie / image being stretched out for first time the Tutorial Panel was shown.
  • FIX: Not being able to interact with custom markers on map when Peh is shown with revealed Biomancers HQ.
  • FIX: Issue with the map being stretched in world map panel in rare cases.
  • FIX: Missing SFX in crafting panel when changing item categories via gamepad/keyboard.
  • FIX: Missing SFX in equipment panel when changing stats category.
  • FIX: Displaying inner thoughts and shouts not being properly synced with played audio.
  • FIX: Tutorials not being reset upon using 'Reset tutorials' menu option and restarting game.
  • FIX: Issue with being able to drop, destroy or transfer away some quest-related items.
  • FIX: Moved 'Frame rate cap' option from 'Game Options' to 'Video Options'.
  • FIX: Issue with Globetrotter achievement being unlocked too early.
  • FIX: Issue with some dynamic decals / particles / audio not cleaning up after loading game.
  • FIX: Changing bindings will now be shown in a proper way.
  • FIX: Hacking minigame font will no longer be stretched.

[Quests]
  • FIX: After refusing to go with Artanak after "Belly Of The Beast" quest, SFX will be restored properly in game.
  • FIX: Objective text of "Veil Of Darkness" corrected for obsolete sign.
  • FIX: MDD machine in Checkpoint 02 functionality fixed.
  • FIX: Ezekiel the Lost Disciple behaviour fixed.
  • FIX: Objective text for "Huntress and the Hunted" corrected for obsolete signs.
  • FIX: "The Monolithic Mission" in Excavation site fail trigger corrected.
  • FIX: "The Monolithic Mission" energy nodes interaction corrected when player left area of investigation.
  • FIX: "A Great Honour" riddle plates in the last sequence will now be saved properly.
  • FIX: "Cirrhoside" reward box will be now unlocked correctly after winning.
  • FIX: Last Artanak dialogue decisions branch fixed.
  • FIX: Dr Boron of Excavation Lab and his scientists cannot be killed anymore.
  • FIX: "The Lost Disciple" branch will not add obsolete Ezekiel core anymore.
  • FIX: Plasma wall in Excavation lab will now be saved properly.
  • FIX: Question mark over tech rot leaks will behave correctly after loading.
  • FIX: Dr. Boron will not give the reward over and over again now.
  • FIX: "Exorcism for Beginners" order of actions fixed.
  • FIX: After meeting Creck in "You Scratch My Back..." doors to yard will unlock correctly.
  • FIX: Emeline will now turn hostile properly during duel with her.
  • FIX: Before starting "Cinder Man" quest and killing some of the quest givers, mapins will be now handled properly.
  • FIX: Switch for elevator on Mortbane will now be discoverable only once.
  • FIX: Mercenaries in Lady Firefly's office will now possess key to locked door in case player falls through the roof.
  • FIX: During cutscene on entrance to Mortbane, no more elements of environment will pop up.
  • FIX: In Biomancers Temple, during dialogue with Artanak in the "Belly of The Beast", environment will no longer overlap camera.
  • FIX: Upon entering to The Repositorum, two dialogues will no longer overlap.
  • FIX: Elbenok van Lumier was walking through mesh in "A Great Honour".
  • FIX: "Lost Contact" objectives were swapped after entering Mortbane from Cliffs side.
  • FIX: The Crucible Speaker lines are no longer in Polish, while any other language is chosen as a default language.
  • FIX: It is now possible to steal a recommendation letter from Graith.
  • FIX: Vaetic will properly follow Teriel in Hallard now.
  • FIX: Tyrofex will not disappear suddenly after its first animation.
  • FIX: Combat music will be turned off after final fight in "The Belly Of The Beast".
  • FIX: "The Belly of The Beast" mappin over console was missing upon reloading the game.
  • FIX: In "The Memory Lane" improperly looking mesh was covering the entrance to a location.
  • FIX: "Thick As Thieves" Technomage will now spawn properly.
  • FIX: Master Crafter can no longer be robbed.
  • FIX: Elias can no longer be robbed.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to save during cutscene in "The Sanctuary".
  • FIX: "Hunting the Treasure" quest can now be started in a multiple ways.
  • FIX: "Thick as Thieves" quest mark was missing.
  • FIX: Leutian was missing a mappin.
  • FIX: "Burden of Leadership" mappins will no longer be updated in the wrong order.
  • FIX: "Burden of Leadership" will now not miss any description in journal.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to save during cutscene on the entrance to Warden's Hold.
  • FIX: "Heart of Madness" sigils will keep proper colour after loading.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to kill or pickpocket Yantar.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to repeat final Yantar dialogue over and over.
  • FIX: Trespassing indicator below Checkpoint 04 bridge will now be displayed correctly.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to investigate Savaash safe multiple times.
  • FIX: Activated portals from "A Prickly Maneater" will work properly after loading the game.
  • FIX: Energy gate to control room on Battlefield will be now restored properly.
  • FIX: Unique Ferals of "Now Who's The Crazy One" will no longer drop empty loot bag.
  • FIX: It is now not obligatory to investigate first beacon in "Keep It Secret, Keep It Safe" to progress the quest.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to investigate farm clues after "Exorcism for Beginners" is completed.
  • FIX: Drax will no longer disappear after dialogue.
  • FIX: Hydlar could be robbed and killed.
  • FIX: No longer possible to make a save during a cutscene after leaving Sanctuary.
  • FIX: No longer possible to save during a cutscene on entering Artee Village.
  • FIX: Misleading dialogue with Drax was fixed.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to save during "A Great Honour" cutscene.
  • FIX: Thyra and other champions could be robbed and killed outside the arena.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to save during cutscene with Orad and Sekler speaking.
  • FIX: It is now possible to interact properly with Energy Gate switch in Battlefield control room.
  • FIX: NPCs will fight properly after reloading the game in "The Vault".
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to save the game during a fight with Tyrofex.
  • FIX: Quest mark over first beacon is swamps will now disappear correctly.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to save during a cutscene during discovering first beacon.
  • FIX: Doors before decontamination chamber will now be locked properly.
  • FIX: "Butch's Day Off" quest mark will not disappear after reloading the game.
  • FIX: First letter in Ilsa's diary in Polish version corrected properly from small to big.
  • FIX: After changing clothes in arrival terminal, obsolete doors are now locked.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to use Flash before decontamination.
  • FIX: Decontamination guards behaviour is corrected.
  • FIX: Double NPC with additional quest pin removed from "Very Old Friends".
  • FIX: Nectar particles remain properly after save / load.
  • FIX: At the beginning of "Keep It Secret, Keep It Safe" mouse will no longer loose input.
  • FIX: "Veil of Darkness" quest giver mappin is now displayed correctly.
  • FIX: "Veil of Darkness" cutscene will now progress properly after loading the game.
  • FIX: "Breakout" sense mode clues question mark will now behave correctly after save / load.
  • FIX: "Belly of The Beast" objective to search for bodies was missing a mappin.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to save during a boss fight in "The Vault".
  • FIX: Riddle plates in "A Great Honour" are now acting properly upon saving / loading.
  • FIX: Savaash acts correctly during a cutscene in "The Vault".
  • FIX: Decontamination Technomagi will now attack correctly when agitated.
  • FIX: Combat music will now be reset properly during cutscene on the entrance to Warden's Hold.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to miss the trigger in "The Memory Lane" before the zip line.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to save during a boss fight in "A Belly of The Beast".
  • FIX: Final arena has proper map now.
  • FIX: After escaping The Repositorum, dialogue with Artanak will no longer overlap fading black screen.
  • FIX: Cinder Man hideout door will now behave properly upon saving / loading.
  • FIX: Postprocess from arrival cutscene will no longer persist in-game during certain actions.
  • FIX: Finished move on Ezekiel crash fixed.
  • FIX: Artanak dialogue post process will no longer persist after loading.
  • FIX: Vaetic no longer has two sniper rifles.
  • FIX: "The Vault" miniboss will now behave correctly during the fight.
  • FIX: Arena floor during boss fight in "The Belly of The Beast" was not acting properly upon save/load.
  • FIX: Emeline no longer has two sniper rifles.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to sneak before the decontamination sequence.

[Gameplay]
  • NEW: Throwable rock doesn't occupy quick slot anymore and is always accessible from radial menu.
  • NEW: Added a Teriel sneaking silhouette, to indicate that an NPC saw suspicious activity and will investigate.
  • NEW: Humanoid enemies will now block and parry melee attacks.
  • NEW: Rolling and dashing speed is affected by movement speed statistic.
  • NEW: Rolling and dashing speed decrease with each consecutive roll/dash without a pause.
  • NEW: Normal attacks can be cancelled by dashing/rolling.
  • NEW: Power armor's stats depend on Teriel's maximum energy level now.
  • NEW: Added a particle effect to indicate when NPCs are sleeping.
  • FIX: Disabled sight on NPCs while they are sleeping.
  • FIX: Boomerang skill aiming tweaked.
  • FIX: MDD and Blackhole skills cannot be thrown through walls anymore.
  • FIX: Do not automatically create loot bags for empty units after X seconds since their death.
  • FIX: Issue with Territory Volumes not resetting their public state after load in some cases.
  • FIX: MDD exploit with fast travel/loading game is no more.
  • FIX: The Crucible Speaker will not repeat himself after landing in the arena now.
  • FIX: It is now possible to properly access Crafting Station and Alchemical Station in Warden's Hold Market after paying for it.
  • FIX: You can now pass Technomagi control outside Lewmer when using Invisibility.
  • FIX: After visa expires, visa gates turn red properly.
  • FIX: Skill upgrades work properly when used for the first time.
  • FIX: Jumpthrows on friendlies are not possible anymore.
  • FIX: Commoners will now never join the fight but run away when disturbed.
  • FIX: Invisibility cannot be now cancelled by another activity.
  • FIX: Spiders will now spawn properly after their cocoon breaks on proximity.
  • FIX: Issue with flash swap on NPCs during their working animations.
  • FIX: Blackhole will also affect NPCs who entered its radius, not only those who were in it at the moment of skill usage.
  • FIX: Jumpthrows cannot be performed on power armor wearing enemies without an upgrade.
  • FIX: Backstabs cannot be performed on enemies affected by Blackhole.
  • FIX: Aiming with the Blackhole skill tweaked.
  • FIX: Boomerang throwing animation will play properly.

[Level]
  • FIX: Cameras in Checkpoint 04 moved from green zone to red zone.
  • FIX: A way to climb down from decontamination chamber building roof added.
  • FIX: The Missing environment of Fast Travel stations added.
  • FIX: Some missing terrain in Mortbane and Swamps added.
  • FIX: Part of floor will not disappear now after player is crouched in certain place in Repositorum.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to enter Du Motier's island before the quest.
  • FIX: Climbable ledge in the Mire Wildermage location fixed.
  • FIX: Missing terrain added in The Tower of Thorns.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to climb up from the Crucible arena.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to fall into geometry between Crucible Arena and rest of Paladial.
  • FIX: Faulty ledge fixed near abandoned farm next to Warden's Hold.
  • FIX: Crab fight arena geometry fixed.
  • FIX: Mesh blocking player at the entrance to Our Saviour's Temple removed.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to climb on the roof of Our Saviour's Temple.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to enter Artee Village from behind.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to reach Lewmer other way than through the main gate.
  • FIX: It is no longer possible to enter Warden's Hold from the south.
  • FIX: Battlefield geometry fixed.
  • FIX: "Memory Lane" level geometry fixed.
  • FIX: Pulling rod placed correctly in Sanctuary.
  • FIX: Sporeoxes removed from Artee village bottom.

[*Edit 29.09.2018]
We just released a hotfix which fixes the display issue connected with 1366x768 resolution.

Take care,
Fool's Theory & IMGN.PRO

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/471010/announcements/detail/1691561768400383541

Anniversary of SEVEN, new demo and more!
1 DECEMBER - JANIMGN

Welcome back our fellow Thieves,

Exactly 365 days have passed since we all headed on for our first ever mission in the Vetral Empire. Yes, you got it right! Today marks the launch anniversary of SEVEN: The Days Long Gone!

On this particular occasion, we want to say how grateful we are to all of our supporters. You were amazing in the last year and it wouldn't have been possible without any of you. It was an exceptional journey so far with thousands of conversations between our community and us. It all resulted in 11 patches being released for the game so far. Here you can find all the changelogs from the time of the launch.

There is still a lot to come for the game with the whole new & free expansion coming your way. We are happy to say that the development on SEVEN: Drowned Past is close to completion and we should be able to commit to a release date soon! Today we can show you the freshly made screenshot from this upcoming adventure:

2ebba1834e5b8e7e0c4be195846d4d4f02014751.jpg

To add a cherry on the top of a cake, we just released a new version of our demo. Now it represents the final version of our game a lot better as it got all the changes included in SEVEN: The Days Long Gone.

Let us know how you enjoy your time spent on the Island of Peh in the comments section. Share the news about the new version of the demo with your friends too. They deserve to know about the pioneer isometric RPG with the climbing system :)

Have a great weekend,
Fool's Theory and IMGN.PRO

Jinn

Arcane
Will probably give this a go again in the next couple months, now that I have a system that will be able to run it no problem. Hoping some of the patches balanced out the gameplay a little bit more on the difficult side.

Game is definitely fun, and I enjoy the setting quite a bit.

Sacibengala

Prophet
I liked very much the style of the game, but did not get it because of the response of the public. Now the game is good or should I wait more?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom