Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Commandos-Like Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Commandos clone with ninjutsu theme

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
jesus christ darth roxor you fucking idiot

why did i pay 36 euros for this on steam when its 27 usd on zog?

TO THE REFUND MOBILE!

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
It appears to have quite neat box release (with soundtrack, manual, map, art album, postcards and even guide) in Polant for similar price (probably cheaper in some shops).

I understand that Dijbouti is not exactly the top tier country for getting nice physical copies of PC games, but I thought you may want to not remove it from inventory for now and then get a nice shiny physical copy of superior potato release during your obligatory Christmas visit, so you can stare at Japanese waifus while eating siemieniotka, moczka and makówki together with obligatory karp on your Christmas Eve.

That's what I am doing, though I will be eating karp, strudel, barszcz and pierogi as proper commie would.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It appears to have quite neat box release (with soundtrack, manual, map, art album, postcards and even guide) in Polant for similar price (probably cheaper in some shops).

I understand that Dijbouti is not exactly the top tier country for getting nice physical copies of PC games, but I thought you may want to not remove it from inventory for now and then get a nice shiny physical copy of superior potato release during your obligatory Christmas visit, so you can stare at Japanese waifus while eating siemieniotka, moczka and makówki together with obligatory karp on your Christmas Eve.

That's what I am doing, though I will be eating karp, strudel, barszcz and pierogi as proper commie would.

Very informative. Getting right nao.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, I really missed this kind of games. Had a blast playing first 2 missions on hardcore.UI is nice and key bindings are really easy.
Shadow planing is light years better than watch thingy in Desparados. Makes game kinda bit easy but these are earlier levels.

:incline:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
What's difference between normal and hardcore? They would kill you anyway thus that larger health bar isn't that important.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Enemies detection is slower mainly. Larger health bar is probably make the game a simple RTS with our big samurai friend and his slice&dance move.
But other than that I dunno. Maybe there are more special enemies like strawhats?

SirArvedeth

Novice
Can confirm that the content of Polish release is quite nice. $20 for the OST, artbook, guidebok, some shit like postcards, character art cards and a double-sided map/poster is amazing compared to Steam scumbag pricing.

EDIT: I like the OST very much desu. It has this kind of vibe that Battle Realms' music did, which I'm very fond of.

Last edited:
Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
Omg, shit is fucking fine. How unexpected!

Presentation is top notch, from the Gfx to Sfx even (the portraits are a bit crappy but I have a feeling that its intended to simulate jap watercolor and it almost works).
SSAO looks like ssao... and there is a slight Black Outline effect that cant be disabled but its not everywhere.
The look and the crouching animation for the samurai alone is worth 5 bucks, lel, "My life for the Shogun!"

The final puzzle of the tut level on 'hardcore' is already tough enough that it requires shadow time, ie command queuing, ...if you are not a hardcore autist and dont use all the sniper ammo... 4 dudes, crossvision.
I dont like the Achievement Badges, I have doubts that they tested them. "Dont touch any bushes" seems to be pretty hardcore...

If the level design and goals hold up than this new shit is worth at least 1.3 Tranny Hero Editions (tm).

Pretty nice for a studio to go from tablet vomit to this.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
can we use japanese VO with english subs?
Steam reviews say yes, this is built into the basic options menu, no special patch or anything needed.

That's kinda why I asked - I'll probably want to play with Japanese audio, but if the English actors are super good, I don't know.

Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
Engrish voice actors a pretty good. Ror, no sarcasm. There are no subs for your character quips though, there is floating text for npc speech though. So the babbled chinchong of your chars might as well be gibberish. Thats why I wish I could understand it because it sound fitting and proper.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Played with Japanese VO from the beginning, only thing we miss out that character selection/conformation speeches. Everything else have english subtitles and you can re-read everything but random chatter among enemies from conversation log. Soundtrack is good too.

BTW if you don't like some part of the game you can kill developers in game for satisfaction :salute:

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
Holy shit this game is good. Although I say that as a full-blown weeaboo so take it with a grain of salt.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
There's one feature in this game that I absolutely fucking love.

If someone spots a dude getting killed by a (((tragic accident))), such as a cart mysteriously deciding to slide downhill and turn a bunch of folks into street pizza, the alarm is not sounded, because "shrug, what a tragic accident!"

It's something that's been extra sorely missing from Commandos and Desperados, because these also had plenty of such opportunities, but you'd have to be almost dumb to use them, since that would immediately lead to

Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
Oh Yuki-chan, senpei needs some time for himself/rule 34...

Her quips are prime lel and top voice actress: "wake up little knife" "ooh mmmh"

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I love how much this game respects the player's intelligence. Not being ironic.
Even on the first level, it's "OK, here is your next tool, here's how it works, now there are 10 more guys to get past, figure it out."

Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
And yet everything glows, so intelligent you doesnt forget what to click..

Someone, tips on ghosting the third mission? How do I lead the Samurai to and past the gate without killing anyone?

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
omeone, tips on ghosting the third mission? How do I lead the Samurai to and past the gate without killing anyone?

You can punch and stun them, they'll think it was an animal attack or accident unless you get caught doing it. And you can lure guards from posts(except strawhats) with foot prints on the snow. Hide with Mugen and lure them away with Yuko.

Edit:
BTW this game has the best night features in its kind. Its reallt easy to walk around in shadows and we can douse most of the light sources. Any guard notices that tries to relit the source, mostly becoming a "bush dweller"

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
English VO: Cringeworthy IMO. I think it works in Shadow Warrior because it's a comedy, you're not really meant to take it seriously, but this fu manchu accent stuff is really out of place in a Serious Game.

bullshitz, i dont imagine it any other way

move like wata

Severian Silk

I would be interested in this game, but:

1. It's real-time
2. 3D games that try to look isometric just end up looking dumb

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Just figured some nasty "feature". Mugen can carry 2 bodies and throw them to a short distance. If you throw some unconscious people to higher ground without ladders and such they become trapped in there :lol:
Great for getting rid of some annoying civilians without murder.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom