Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Brotherman Bill, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Well, they released it: http://steamcommunity.com/games/300550/announcements/detail/236768452940099400

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. iZerw Cipher

iZerw
    Is this the final patch?

^ Top  
  3. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Until the next one.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Gord Arcane

Gord
    Hm, wonder what they mean by that...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. dryan Arcane

dryan
  6. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    It sounds like maybe new game+ type of things?

^ Top  
  7. Zetor Arcane

Zetor
    Well, from 5 minutes of poking around, it seems that they added a 'cheats' submenu to the debug console (ctrl-alt-f1 or ctrl-alt-tilde). The cheats menu has a lot of the earlier cheat-like options (force 100% hit/100% miss, godmode, warp) consolidated, as well as a few new ones (add/remove nuyen, add karma, heal/damage HP/AP of target).

The actual "modes" seem to be four options in this submenu: bigh (Big Head mode like in PoE), paint (???), tiny (shrinks characters to ~1/4 size, could be useful in combat whne trying to move behind an enemy), chibi (bigh + tiny). So basically just cosmetic stuff.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  8. Morkar illiterate

Morkar
    Dragonfall Director's Cut made Role Playing Game Of The Year 2014 on RPG Gamer before DAI!

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  9. roshan Arcane

roshan
    Nice! BTW what do they mean by adding player agency to some of the missions? Is there now more stuff to do with the latest patch?

^ Top  
  10. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Dragon Derp: Inquitardation still got the fan pick award. :badnews:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  11. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Are you really surprised there are many stupid people in this wold?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk
    gib sale

^ Top  
  13. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    I am a hopeless optimist deep inside, albeit I did develop a sort of cynical streak inside after 25 years of gaming and seeing a lot of derping, inluding some of mine. Hell, I bought Restricted Area and even managed one complete playthrough. What the fuck was I thinking, the game was a complete trainwreck.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. Tommy Wiseau Arcane

Tommy Wiseau
    At the start of the game is there any way to uh, actually grab that vase?

^ Top  
  15. dryan Arcane

dryan
    No. That's just for flavor. Neither can you steal the "slavic artifacts". I wonder what they are supposed to be: a potato, a bottle of vodka, a Stalin portrait?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. eXalted Savant

eXalted
    Quiet Bomb (An area effect spell that reduces any sound made in it to 0. Lasts for 4 rounds.)
    and
    Silence (The target of the Silence spell makes no noise for 4 rounds.)

Has anyone used some of these? They seem completely useless to me, as there is almost no turn based stealth in this game - turn based being the only time when some of them can be used.

Or are there any interesting cases where they can be cast?

^ Top  
  17. sser Arcane Cuck Developer

sser
    So I'm about to start this game but I'm fairly unfamiliar with Shadowrun's mechanics.

Can I still hack things if I start the game as a "Street Samurai", but ultimately choose Decker skills in the attribute menu?

(Building an Ork decker of sorts.)

^ Top  
  18. dryan Arcane

dryan
    If you spend karma on the decking related skills, yes you can. Also, I think you have to get a cyber port thingy implanted (forgot its actual name).

^ Top  
  19. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The Decking skill is used in two ways. There's actual decking, where you enter Cyberspace(tm), and then there's skill checks in dialogue that use it (typically for hacking terminals). In the first case, you can always use a decker companion, but there might be some dialogue skill checks that require your main character to have the skill (although there are many that let you use a companion).

^ Top  
  20. sser Arcane Cuck Developer

sser
    But having the skill separate from the chosen 'character' class is a-okay? Like, technically could you 'choose' a Shaman, but in the attributes menu just reverse all the choices and make him a warrior-type...? I'm just trying to figure out if the character choice at the start is mostly cosmetic or if it affects gameplay at any point.

^ Top  
  21. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Class is just a template.

^ Top  
  22. sser Arcane Cuck Developer

sser
    Alright thanks. I didn't want to be restarting over again (already restarted since I gave my guy a 'full name' and it sounded absolutely ridiculous every time it showed up in dialogue).

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    I did that too (used a full name). :lol: And yeah, dialogue looks like shit when you do that.

^ Top  
  24. roshan Arcane

roshan
    Only thing is that magic and implants do not really mesh well. Implants make you lose essence, and every point of essence lost makes spells take an additional round to cool down. But no harm in your character being both samurai and decker.

^ Top  
  25. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    Worth $6.00 ?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)