Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Update #35: Release on August 20th

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
When you pledge to Kickstarters, they email you about updates. If you're not getting them then something is wrong.
Yes... something wrong like having pledged through the codex like a sucker.

Yep, like I did. Fancy tag = yes, any acknowledgement of my pledge whatsoever = lolnope.

Look, everybody knows what's going to happen. At some point shortly before release, they'll start handing out keys to the regular backers. You won't get them. Then Angthoron will mail Mitch Gitelman, and eventually, maybe a little later than you would have preferred, you'll get them. End of story.

I'm more worried about the middle of the story. The part where I don't get MUH EMAILS.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If you fail the bugs eat the city but they would be stopped as they are in cannon. And with the dragons, only one of the endings (and added in DC version) lets you end the world and you don't even know it. So it is just still saving a city storyline.

And as Zetor said, the setting allows for bigger problems to surface and as players get more powerful they eventually can face those. And Dragonfall DC has plenty of missions which are low key, only like last two missions are the big ones once you level up and the regular missions are no longer the problem.

The setting is basically mid high magic in modern world. Do you expect high level D&D adventurers to not face demons, angels and get involved with demi gods because these settings are very similar?

It's Not Shadowrun though. I read The Universal Brotherhood - Missing Blood, which DMS was based off of, and in the end, you only destroy a single chapter, you don't take out the entire organization with the aid of high-rollers like Harlequin, German Dragon Guy, and Rich Elf Guy. That's the difference. Shadowrunners win battles, not wars.
How is it not shadowrun? You just saved that city, you didn't win a war vs the bugs as the ending says they show up again in another city. As you said, you won a battle.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
When you pledge to Kickstarters, they email you about updates. If you're not getting them then something is wrong.

Yep, like I did. Fancy tag = yes, any acknowledgement of my pledge whatsoever = lolnope.

Look, everybody knows what's going to happen. At some point shortly before release, they'll start handing out keys to the regular backers. You won't get them. Then Angthoron will mail Mitch Gitelman, and eventually, maybe a little later than you would have preferred, you'll get them. End of story.

I'm more worried about the middle of the story. The part where I don't get MUH EMAILS.

Just don't worry and pirate it on release like I am going to do. Your conscience should be clear because you already paid for the game!

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Just don't worry and pirate it on release like I am going to do. Your conscience should be clear because you already paid for the game!

Oh don't worry, I will get the game. Otherwise Angthoron will have a few uninvited guests over :mob:

It just sucks that we don't know about WTF is going on unless we accidentally the Codex frontpage and see a news article.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
How is it not shadowrun? You just saved that city, you didn't win a war vs the bugs as the ending says they show up again in another city. As you said, you won a battle.

Those bug sprayers put an end to 'em though. :M

Angthoron

Arcane
I've been a lot busier this year than when I was with D: OS Kickstarter admin stuff, plus it was a lot less hands-on for me due to the way things were agreed on for this case. Anyway, I'll be reaching for the guys this week to make sure everything's in order, that e-mails get sent, and on the state of all the other stuff.

Also, just in case - the e-mails will be coming to the addresses you used for the fundraiser.

ArchAngel

Arcane
In that ending you mentioned, it says an improved version of the formula was used in Chicago. Rich Elf Guy just wasn't going to let it go.
It still didn't change the lore. All you did is helped them create a weapon to contain the bugs in canon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom