Official Codex Discord Server

  1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

    "This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Shattered [CYOA]

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Karwelas, Mar 15, 2016.

  1. Kz3r0 Arcane

    Kz3r0
    Joined:
    May 28, 2008
    Messages:
    22,543
    B
     
    ^ Top  
  2. lightbane Arcane

    lightbane
    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    Messages:
    6,596
    Location:
    Neverwhere
    Tempting, but there's no benefit to giving in to doubt. Doubt's weakness is absolute determination, a ruthless drive to do what must be done no matter what's standing in our way!

    I vote for A then.

    Also, that incarnation of doubt is quite lame. I expected something more... Dramatic. Or is it attempting to make us question ourselves by doing so?
     
    ^ Top  
  3. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

    Karwelas
    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,008
    Location:
    "Mostly Harmless" planet
    I'm sorry if Doubt didn't meet your expectations. But I doubt it is only thing that creature is. Well, I would love to say more, but again, I can't tell you too much. However, if you want some questions that can make you... Well, think - read spoiler below.

    Show Spoiler
    The main questions are: Why your own doubt appear and attack you and why it looks like Borad? How you can doubt something if you barely know about anything? What it mean by saying "the end"? Are you truly dead? Or prehaps it mean other kind of end?
     
    ^ Top  
  4. Kipeci Magister

    Kipeci
    Joined:
    May 22, 2012
    Messages:
    2,807
    Location:
    Vicksburg
    This is why we should consume its soul and be done with it.
     
    ^ Top  
  5. lightbane Arcane

    lightbane
    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    Messages:
    6,596
    Location:
    Neverwhere
    It has probably something to do with a mission that went awry. No matter, if it bleeds, we can kill it.

    Well, IIRC you did use Sans' lines for Masked in Dead Gods, complete with his skeletal grin.
     
    ^ Top  
  6. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

    Karwelas
    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,008
    Location:
    "Mostly Harmless" planet
    Ah, yes. I remember... "You would be dead where you stand." Well... true. I was writing that part right after playing it. :lol: But grin was rather part of Soulcatcher then Sans. (if I remember, he was simply smiling all time) Maybe also a bit of Master. Damn, prehaps I taken something more from Sans and I don't even remember this now. Well - Masked is a kind of gu... woma... it. It likes jokes. But mostly, he is rather manipulative bastard that enjoy large amount of chaos and playing with people.

    And... well, I have certain kind of pleasure when I create character with either mask or cloak hidding their identity. Maybe it is some kind of fetish, I don't know. :M
     
    ^ Top  
  7. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

    Karwelas
    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,008
    Location:
    "Mostly Harmless" planet
    Closing votes in next 6 hours.
     
    ^ Top  
  8. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

    Karwelas
    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,008
    Location:
    "Mostly Harmless" planet
    Votes closed. Option B won. Update... tomorrow? Probably tomorrow evening. If I will be fast enough, maybe today.
     
    ^ Top  
  9. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

    Karwelas
    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,008
    Location:
    "Mostly Harmless" planet
    Freedom?

    You suddenly jump back, as Doubt's blade almost beheads you. There is not enough time to think about anything, as you dodge blow after blow. Finally, after a series of attacks, he back off for a moment, looking at you.

    'Nice. I see that you regained some of your strength. Or maybe I should say power.' he shakes his head. 'A noteworthy achievement, but it is hopeless. You will fail. By my hand or your own.'

    'What the fuck are you talking about?' you growl. 'I have enough shitty mysteries for one... for long time. Speak or shut up.'

    He looks at you for a while, as anger flicker in his eyes. 'What happend? You... or rather person who you was tried to get upper hand. And now we are trapped there... until one of us either cease to exist or I destroy you.' he spins sword around. 'And to be honest, I don't intend to to either. I will destroy you and then myself. We will be finally free.'

    'Well... It seems that I can't let you do that.' you grin to him and he smiles and shakes his head, resigned.

    'How I knew that you would say that?' he charges at you, again. This time blade finally scratches you, but you don't bleed. Well, this is logical, you are only projection of your mind. But you feel how small part of energy you gathered in memories disappeared... or rather was transfered to Doubt. You know that can't let him weak you too much or you may never get out of here alive.

    You roll around, trying to find something to protect yourself, but there is only crystal around. Prehaps you could disarm your enemy? "Yes, this may work." - you add in your mind and get ready for next blow. As he try to stab, you dodge again and try to grab his hand, but you realize that you can't even bend his hand... you look at him, suprised, as he grab you by your throat... and stabs you right in your stomach.

    You scream silently as energy flows away from your "body". You punches him, but his head only jumps back, as he shakes his head again. This just started to be... irritating. At least at first, until you realize that your energy slowly start to disappear. You desperately try to pull the blade out, but it seems to be too deep. Your vision slowly gets darker and darker...

    You slowly die. Or it would appear so, as he drops you at the crystal surface. 'You see, it wasn't so painful. You will disappear soon. And I will do it soon after you.' his voice almost seems... caring. Warm. How something in your mind, part of you, want to die so much? You can't understand.

    But you can understand yourself. You don't want to die. This isn't right. He have no right to stop you. He can't stand on your way. You must know what really happend, meaning behind all of this. Truth.

    As you think about truth, you feel anger. At first, anger. Later hatred. And finally, fury. You slowly crawl on the floor, toward your enemy, as he turn away. He doesn't even look at you.

    'Look a-at... me.' your voice is weak, but it resound in the air. He ignores you. 'Look at... me.' you say, louder.

    Your emotions suddenly make you shiver. You rise on your knees and hit the floor, yelling: 'LOOK AT ME!' And when you hit the floor, he turns around, suprised. Floor shakes around you, as moved by force of your emotions...

    You suddenly laughs, at your stupidy. Of course... this poor bastard doesn't know, does he? You stand up and walk two steps closer, as he move by one backwards. And then, you move your hand!

    Shards come out the floor, impaling Doubt as in some kind of spike trap. He screams as you jump toward him, grabing his throat. You start sucking energy as fast as you can, before he can free his hands. You feel how it flows through his wounds and regenerate your power. He try to free himself, fighting like trapped bear, but he doesn't have chance. You suck his energy, as he screams.

    'NO! You can't do this. You don't understand! You don't understand what is out there!' his screams slowly become more and more desperate, with each wave of energy coming to your body.

    'YOU DON'T - " you suddenly grab his throat and speaks.

    'Shut the fuck up, will you?' as you speak, you twist his neck, with one hand. It cracks like rotten wood and suddenly, his face changes. White rays of energy flow from his mouth and hit you. You feel more and more power.

    And then you remember! So much... too much! There is too much light! Too much memories. As you see only white light, you almost don't feel how everything around disappear.

    You are waking up.

    ***​

    You open your eyes and for few second, you see only darkness. After a while, you are able to see dark celling of some cave. You try to move, but your body barely reacts. You feel like shit, again. But you are alive. You look down, as your body... not bad. It could be... stronger, but you could wake up in worse condition. You try to at least roll around, but you can't even do that.

    'This again...?' you mutter, silently. But you hear response. Shocked, nevrous breath. You try to look in the darkness, but you stop when you hear some kind of click. You remember that sound. Crossbow.

    Woman voice resound in the darkness. 'Who are you... what is your name?' - she is far away from calm stance. And as you can't do anything, it would be wise to respond... or even a lie.

    But it may be a problem, as you don't remember.

    My name... my name is...

    A - 'My name is...' you can make your name. It doesn't matter, right? Besides, you couldn't predict something like this.
    1 - 'Adbel.'
    2 - 'Khedgar.'
    3 - 'Sarpin.'
    4 - 'A-adahn.'
    5 - Write in.

    B - 'I... I don't remember my name.' You don't have reason to lie... she can do everything with you, anyway.

    C - 'I'm...' you think for a while and then smile to yourself. You will say the truth. 'I'm Shattered.'

    I know, I know. Long time, short update. Sadly, three weeks and I have my final exams in high school and I almost work my ass of. Sorry guys, but delays may happend, not that long, but day or two... maybe I will just shut up about updates and just write instead. :lol:
     
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    ^ Top  
  10. wjw Augur

    wjw
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2007
    Messages:
    287
    Yeah let's C this.
     
    ^ Top  
  11. lightbane Arcane

    lightbane
    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    Messages:
    6,596
    Location:
    Neverwhere
    C sounds stupid. B seems to make more sense, except for the "she can do anything with you, anyway". That sounds like suddenly becoming submissive.

    Anyway: B
     
    ^ Top  
  12. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

    Karwelas
    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,008
    Location:
    "Mostly Harmless" planet
    It is rather that you lie on some sort of stone altar or bench and can't even move, at least not fast enough to dodge shoot from deadly distance. Submissive, maybe. Wise - damn right it is.
     
    ^ Top  
  13. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

    Karwelas
    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,008
    Location:
    "Mostly Harmless" planet
    Voting closed. No surprises here - C.
     
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    ^ Top  
  14. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

    Karwelas
    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,008
    Location:
    "Mostly Harmless" planet
    Caves -Young lady.

    Besides breath of woman, hiding in the darkness and clicks of bolt on crossbow, you hear nothing. While you think about your answer, some time passes. Finally, you find your answer. It may not be best one, but it always is an answer.

    'I'm... Shattered.' you voice is still a bit weak, but she heard it for sure. You hear how she moves a bit closer and you are pretty sure that she still aim at you with crossbow.

    'Quit joking, you damn asshole. Answer my question or I will shoo- ' she try to finish, but suddenly you feel how your emotions whirl within you as you cut her sentence with your own. You don't quite control it... or prehaps you do, at least a bit. Yes, those are your emotions. Maybe it is that... you just don't want to admit that you lost your temper.

    'Listen to me, you foolish woman. I just woke up on stone altar after thing that I can describe only as surreal dream of madman. I can't move, because my body barely respond to any of my attemps to do it. I don't even know where I'm. And now you aim at me for Gods know why, attempting to intimidate me and force me to say something I don't even remember. So better accept this one or just fucking back off. Because if you would want to kill me, you already would do it!'

    As you finish talking, you hear how she gaps and then, you heard click of crossbow. Bolt hit wall next to the altar, flying too high above to even be dangerous for you. She... didn't even aimed? Either that or she have double crossbow. But you don't think so. You hear how she quickly rush to you, breathing faster. Also, silent clack of wood, as it it hits the rock floor.

    'Gods! I didn't wanted to! I swear, I didn't wanted to shoot, it is that stupid crossbow!' you look at her, as she try to hold tears. Damn, you feel bad now: she looks bad. Dirt and mud all over her face and hair. Bruises on her hands and legs, at least where you can see those. Her clothes aren't in best shape either - ripped and dirty. Her hands shakes almost like she would be ill. But you saw more then a few shocked and stressed people. This girl is barely holding. You curse yourself - she can snap anytime.

    Other then that, she looks even pretty. Young, healthy girl. Around twenty years old or a little bit older. Blue eyes, currently watery as hell. Nice face, even under dirt. Fresh wound on mouth, probably caused by herself - she bites her lips again while you look at her. You take a while to also look at her weapons, but you can't see anything else then crossbow lying somewhere in darkness.

    'All right, calm down.' you mutter, trying to move. This time, your muscles listen to you. At least a bit, but you can sit. You grimace as your joints crack as you turn your head, looking around. Girl calms down a bit, but she still sniffle and sob silently.

    On wall next to the altar, you see runes, painted with some kind of shining substance. It's light is very weak, not strong enough to even make you blink, despite that your eyes were closed for long time. You can't read those symbols... prehaps it is because your memory problem. Other then that, you see only small "camp" on the other side of room. Few books, two bags and sleeping bag.

    You look at the girl again, but she only keep looking at the floor, sobbing. 'Hey.' you say. 'I'm sorry, I didn't wanted to... react like that. All you all right?' As she didn't give you any responce except another sob, you touch her shoulder. Then she looks at you... and almost jumps at your shoulder, crying. "For Hells sake..." you sighs as you pat her head. "Not worst awakening I could imagine, but I didn't expected to meet... well, her."

    A while passes, before she finally stop crying and rise from your shoulder. Her watery eyes look into yours, before she speaks, shamed. 'I'm sorry. I didn't wanted to shoot you, I was just scared. You appeared from nowhere. Or I should say, something like shield stopped working and you appeared. I touched this altar before and I'm sure there was no one around.'

    You think for a while, before you respond. 'So... you say I just appeared there. Teleportation? Something different?'

    She shakes her head. 'First one, prehaps. I don't know too much about teleportation. I'm sure it wasn't illusion. I never heard about illusion that hide something so well that it disappear from material world. At least, I was sure it is impossible.'

    'Because it is, unless you use some powerful spells.' you mutter. 'You at least know where we are?'

    'Oh, yes.' she smiles and nods. 'Caves under mountain Flor. You know, north of Sarkam.'

    As you heard her words, something in your mind crashes again. You grab your head and groans, as your memories strike again. You feel all of those that you gathered, back while you was... well, there. You are sure something happend to you and now you are in place that is important to you, for some reason. You hear silent voice before everything stops. It whispers - "Find the truth hidden in the spear of hero. Seek it in armory of stone soliders.". What is could mean? Who knows. You also feel as your mind pulses inside of you... something good just happend.

    (Along with awakening, you came back to real world. Your mind, however, is place where you can always come back, whenever you want. It is important and suggested to do it once in a while, to unlock more memories and find another part of truth about yourself. Be aware, however, that while you are in your mind, your body in real world is in helpless stance of slumber, vulnerable to any direct form of attack. You wake up if anything like that happends to you, but be sure you do that only if you must or in safety)

    In meanwhile, the girl touches your shoulder. 'All you all right? You look pale...' she says, looking at you. You nods, looking around again.

    'By the way... you are living here?' you says, turning your gaze at her. She giggles.

    'No.' she stop laughing and look around. 'I'm hiding here.' she says silently.

    Hmm, that would explain why she was so scared. 'Hiding? From who?'

    She looks away and sits on the altar. 'Group of thugs from Sarkam... I saw too much and their boss want to dispose off me. Those bastards murdered my mentor!' she suddenly gets angry and his her own legs. 'And now they forced me to run there... they are still searching for me. But those caves are deep, they can look as long as they want.'

    You look at the bags and say. 'Or until they will make you go out for a food. I think you can find some water in cave next to us...' you mention, to your own surpise. You remember that? Still, she looks at you, worried.

    'I know. But there is a group of them near entrance. As far as I know, there is only one and I don't intend to get lost in those caves. People disappeared here many times.' she mutters. 'By the way, are you hungry?'

    You shake your head. To be honest, you feel full and well rested. Also, you don't want to drink. Everything fell... perfect? That is suprising. Only thing that feel different is how your body moves. Almost like you wouldn't move for much time. 'By the way, what is your name?'

    'Lilian.' she smiles. 'And your?'

    'I already told you.' you smiles. 'Call me Shattered.' as her expression changes, you guickly add. 'I don't remember my name, like I said. I don't remember anything except that I woke up here... so nothing.' you don't like idea of talking about your memories. Better left those to yourself, for now.

    'Ah, I see. Amnesia?' Lilian looks at you, suspiciously.

    'Something like this.' you nods. 'I can't tell you much more, really. It is mystery for me as it is for you.'

    'I see... then, I will call you Shatt. I would feel a bit weird, calling you like this all time.' she smiles and nods again. Shatt... not that bad.

    'All right... anyway, you didn't passed by room with statues, by any chance?' you mutter, looking at tunnel infront of the altar.

    'Huh? You just said you don't remember anything.' she mutters. 'But, no. There is also other tunnel, but I suggest you to forget about it. It is full of traps. I almost got into one... powerful work. Spikes.' she grimaces and shakes her head. 'Terrible death.'

    You stand on your legs and move a bit. Few stretching exercises for your muscles can do a miracles sometimes. Lilian looks at you, while you do that. You wear simple, but comfortable work clothes. Made of some kind of wool. Other then that, simple leather shoes. After a while, you start walking toward entrance.

    'Wait! Where are you going? There are those thugs outside, they will sure attack you if you try to walk away. Or force you to tell them about me.' she looks at you, scared. You grin to her.

    'I don't intend to get from those caves yet. Let's check this...' you disappear behind the wall and hear how she runs behind you.

    'I said, there are traps there.' she points at barely visible holes at ground and walls. 'Spikes come out of here if you try to walk past those.'

    You think for a while and suddenly, almost like by some kind of muscle memory, you turn to wall. You start touching it, until you find rock that move under you fingers. You push it into wall and hear silent click. Lilian looks at you, shocked.

    'How did you...' she starts, but you speak before she can finish.

    'Don't ask me how. I just know that, all right? I don't feel comfortable with it either.' you mutter and start walking down the corridor. She walk next to you, looking at every shadow... damn, how scared is she. How long is she even here?

    Finally, you reach the wooden door. You try to remember anything about traps on those, but nothing happends so you just shrughs and push it. Room inside is much bigger then cave with the altar. Inside, you see weak light, but strong enough to make you blink few times before your eyes adjust to it. Ten stone statues stand around the room, in different poses. In their hands, you see weapons. As on the racks. And you are sure there are a few of these in crates. Armors on stands. This is armory, you are sure of it.

    At the center of room, you see statue with spear in it's hands... you walk toward it, slowly. As you take spear in your hand, you smile a bit and start touching spear, trying to do something with it. Finally, you found a point where you can pull down part of spear... you do so. This part is empty inside... except few sheets of paper. In meanwhile, Lilian looks around the room, looking at armors and weapons. You walk toward one of light orbs and try to read the letter. You already know that it is letter... for you.

    Handwriting is clean and kind of... familiar. Yes, it is very familiar. Nice, but it seems old, as paper. At least... few years? Hard to tell.

    "Dear... whoever is reading,
    I hope you will forgive me both size and ambiguity of this letter. However, it couldn't be clearer and shorter. I wonder who you may be, if you are reading this. If you are some kind of thief or advenurer - congratulations. You somehow get inside of my small armory. I hope you will like what you find here, but I must ask you to leave both this spear and this letter in this place. It isn't request - it is warning.

    If you are one of them and somehow you found this, I must disappoint you. You won't find anything leading you to my secrets there. Only weapons, parts of old plan that probably already failed if you found this place. Feel free to read this letter, but know that you either can't stop me or you already did that, somehow. I wish you luck, whatever happend and I hope you remember me as your friend, not enemy.

    And finally, if you are one that I write to, I'm happy to welcome you, my dear... me. Believe me, it feel weird, while I'm writing that letter now, to myself. In future, of course, you are reading it. If everything goes weil, you also happend to be same who wrote that letter... and then you know how we both feel. But there is chance that you aren't. Chance big enough to make me write this message. If it happend, you lost your memories. You are weakened. You are alone.

    You wonder what happend, but sadly, I can't give you more details then in this letter. You will soon learn why. Maybe you already know. Anyway, I can say that... if you are here, my plan both failed and succeed. I fell in battle... you may or may not remember it. I don't know how it will look after you wake up from your slumber.

    First: I can't give you direct answers. There are several reasons for that, but most important is simple - your mind isn't ready for those. It is weak. It need time to recover. Don't try to discover too much in one time or you may find yourself in big trouble. Or in grave if you pull this too far. Prehaps it isn't so bad as I was thinking it may be, but if it is, you don't remember anything, except few things. Yes, I was important, back in time. Maybe you know. I don't know how it look now, but this isn't thing that you should worry about. Mostly because you look different, it was part of the plan. You don't look like old me, anymore. It is for your own safety - you don't have even small fraction of our real power. Your body was changed in many ways, only to make sure that our both allies and enemies don't find you. (at least don't find you too soon)

    Second: You may already know that you... posses certain gift. You are one of Gifted, that is how they call people like us. There are many different types of Gifts, but it isn't my goal to list those there. Our gift allows you to make sure that you don't die from first wound. In other word, we regenerate, much faster then any other human without powerful magic. Still, don't get too cocky. Lost your head, damage your body too much or lost your heart and it is end of us. And we don't want that. Your gift is probably also weakened after you woke up, so try to don't test it too much... I don't want to find ourselves on river Styx.


    Last: Seek our Name. This is your goal. If you will find it, you will remember. Mostly everything, I think. It will work on your mind like catalyst, I made sure of that. Now, it is also reason why I spare you so many informations here - you must find out who we are yourself. I know, you think this is retarded and risky as hell, but it is only way we can recover our knowledge and power: learn it again. I learned about it hard way, but I think your will be much, much harder...

    For love of Gods, don't try to tell anyone about this letter and about who you are or may be. My old allies, I'm sure you must remember at least one of those, may not be those anymore. I'm not sure how much time passed, but process shouldn't take more then a few months... maybe few years if we aren't lucky. I don't know if the war still is a thing, but get ready for that. I leave you those weapons and armors. Don't worry (or don't be happy), those aren't magical or anything like this. Just really good things. Why? Because magical items are rare and precious. At least magical weapons and armors. You don't want unnecessary attention.

    And at least, I give you my final gift. A tip: Find the City. Find about our old allies and what we did in this place. What I did there. Read about War and everything else. If Sarkam is still standing, you should head there first. Under statue legs, you will find bag with money, around thousand coins. Should be enough to buy everything you need. (Buy books and read. Learn)

    Good luck, you poor bastard. You will need it.

    Me or rather, old you.
    "
     
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    ^ Top  
  15. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

    Karwelas
    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,008
    Location:
    "Mostly Harmless" planet
    As you examine other sheet of paper, you see map painted on it. It is easy to find out that it must be map of lands around Sarkam. Well... It isn't what you hoped to find, but this letter explains thing or two.

    You look at girl, but she still seems busy looking around and examining things. You quickly touch one of light sources with letter and it quickly burns, turning into dust.

    Well... You have goal, at least for now. Head to Sarkam and find out what go do from there. Learn your name. How hard it can be, if you was important during this war? And in long-term matter - find City and get your power and memories back.

    1. If you want to be safe on roads and woodlands around Sarkam, you will need weapon and armor. This room contain most of simple weapons you could imagine, along with few types of armors.

    Weapons available: Almost all types of blades, spears, maces. Pretty much every standard weapon you can think of, including ranged weapons. Crossbows (mini, standard, siege), bows and slings.

    Armors: leather ones, plate armors and everything between.

    Of course both weapons and armors choices are important. Wearing more and heavier equipment = less mobilty and harder stealth.

    2. You must deal with thugs near the entrance. You are sure that there is no other way out... At that side of mountains.

    A. Just slaughter them. They can't be that tough and with help... Well "help" of that girl, you can do that, even so weak.

    B. Try to sneak past them. This will be risky, but you remember that you was shadowy type in the past. Those talents still are part of you.
    a)Sneak out alone.
    b)Help Lilian escape with you.

    C. Attempt to reason with them. There is a way out of everything and why you should risk so early after awakening?

    D. Use the girl as payment for passage. They want to get her and she mean nothing to you. But she can be at least useful.

    E. Form a plan with Lilian to fool thugs, as above. She will act like you would capture her while you was exploring the caves and she told you her story, so you decided to sold her to thug's boss.
     
    ^ Top  
  16. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

    Karwelas
    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,008
    Location:
    "Mostly Harmless" planet
    Corrected few mistakes in first part of update and rewritten few sentences.
     
    ^ Top  
  17. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

    ERYFKRAD
    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2012
    Messages:
    15,320
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    1. I suggest we take a warhammer, it oughta be good against most opposition, and a bunch of throwing knives if possible. Maybe studded leather so we can sneak about if we have to.
    2. If we decide to slaughter them, can we apply stealth and the element of surprise?
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

    Karwelas
    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,008
    Location:
    "Mostly Harmless" planet
    Of course. You can use Lilian as lure and then attack them when they will try to either take her to boss... or they may want to finish her right where she stands. You still be forced to convince her, of course. Other then that - eliminate them from dark, lure them into caves and use traps (Shatt is sure that old him left one or two mobile traps around here as he probably used those, as shadowy type of guy), sliently dispose of each. Many ways, many chances... or ways to fail.
     
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    ^ Top  
  19. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

    ERYFKRAD
    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2012
    Messages:
    15,320
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Supposing we mix it up a wee bit: Lure them in at night, sneak past them and drop prepared traps after us, effectively sealing them inside, leaving us to fight a reduced force outside?
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

    Karwelas
    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,008
    Location:
    "Mostly Harmless" planet
    Lilian can give you informations about where she saw those. (She tried to sneak out before, once, but they almost captured her and she panicked) They have small camp right next to entrance to cave and they seem relaxed enough to don't have any kind of guard inside, except those that patrol caves, searching for her, but they don't get too deep. Night may be a problem - she is here around four days now and she don't know exact hour. You can always try to sneak as close enough to entrance and try to see if sun still shine.

    Traps take around minute or two to set, but it may be good idea to, if they will detect you after you escape outside. She don't know if and how many of those may be outside, but she is pretty sure that there aren't more then 7-8 men. After all, she only one harmless girl.
     
    ^ Top  
  21. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

    Karwelas
    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,008
    Location:
    "Mostly Harmless" planet
    I will lock the votes sometime during this weekend, so feel free to respond whenever you want. Probably Saturday evening.

    Also, to be honest - for now you can just keep your part to voting and if you have any special requests, like don't killing or something, just write it along with vote. Unless you really want to make a plan. Your hero can mostly take care of himself during doing things you voted for.
     
    ^ Top  
  22. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

    Karwelas
    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,008
    Location:
    "Mostly Harmless" planet
    Locking votes in two hours.
     
    ^ Top  
  23. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

    Karwelas
    Joined:
    May 12, 2014
    Messages:
    1,008
    Location:
    "Mostly Harmless" planet
    Votes locked. Your character will try to do ERYFKRAD plan. Update coming either today or tomorrow. And using warhammer and throwing knives... Interesting.

    Thanks ERYF, you saved my ass with that vote. :lol:
     
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    ^ Top  
  24. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

    ERYFKRAD
    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2012
    Messages:
    15,320
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Eh, mention not. Who the fuck is ERYK though.
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)