Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Shenmue 3

Punch

aaaaaa
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Shenmue 3 is like trying to mount a ramp in the surface of a road decline. Why did they went with EPIC?

scytheavatar

Scholar
Shenmue 3 is like trying to mount a ramp in the surface of a road decline. Why did they went with EPIC?

Because it is likely even the current ugly Shenmue 3 with jank animation cost much more than the typical indie game. And Deep Silver needs to maximize the earnings to cut their losses. Shenmue is primarily a console franchise anyway so it's not like the PC fanboys matter much.

Solid Snail

Learned
Suzuki fucked up backers really hard with Deep Silver. This was my first Kickstarter, paid 30€ for a Steam key and now Epic happened. DeepSilver already told the game will come to Steam, but they are still refusing to provide backers Steam key they have already paid for.
Never more, if those clowns want to make a game they need to find funds themself, I won't give them a single cent anymore after this.

newtmonkey

Arcane
This kind of stuff will eventually kill Kickstarter, and it's in Kickstarter's best interest to do something about it now while they still can. People will simply stop supporting these kinds of big ticket games project. Maybe then Kickstarter will go back to what it was meant for: individuals with big dreams, instead of industry vets unwilling to take any risks whatsoever.

Misco Jones

Savant

GlG0vSX.jpg

zXE9haG.jpg

JX6cs4i.jpg

m6wdbOR.jpg

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Ryo will have to ask around regarding that. Somewhere where people who know what virginity is hang out...

Terra

Cipher
When/how can I get a refund? I want Epic to pay for my lunch.
Details will apparently be mailed out to backers soon. There will be a small window, check recent KS updates for more info. When the news goes out expect it to be in the form of a tiny footnote.

PS4 Region Selection and Refund Request Period

We are currently working on the necessary changes to the backer survey system. We ask for your patience as there will be a short wait while the preparations are made. Once the survey changes have been implemented, there will be an announcement here in the updates with details and notice of the survey response period. (Changes to your shipping address may still be made through the backer survey up until shipping begins.)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2618738

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I trust you fine Codexers will notify me when I can get my opportunity to take my money out of Epic's pocket

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom