Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Shocking Report From RPS: First Hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda Stinks

Darkzone

Arcane
The question is if they can beat the pirate game with all their bloopers.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Wasn't this a multi-million dollar project? Why are they taking shit from deviant art? Found these in the /v/ thread.

qeveayi.jpg

Well, I played for an hour or so.

- The animation crap that people post is not just random glitches. All animations are like that, and the eyes are the worst: they jump and roll around like they are inside a magic 8 ball.
- The tram is the new elevator, or a thinly veiled loading screen with stupid banter.
- Cut scenes range from awkward school theatre to top cringe. Weird pauses, shit animation, dialogue is mashed together twitter speak, military slang and inspiring speeches.
- Combat is (so far) exactly the same as in ME3.
- The first quest line is almost the same as in ME1 - you land on a planet, not knowing what to expect, meet some aliens, shoot them, find some friendlies, patch them up, follow your leader to an alien artifact, have some visions etc.

Overall: I cannot believe Bioware could fuck up the writing and cutscenes so badly. ME1-3 was not the pinnacle of sci fi, but at least it was on the level of a summer blockbuster. Yes, Kai Leng and the stupid Crucible hurt it, but in general it was not as embarassing as Andromeda promises to be. Considering that these days the first hours of any game have to be the best part of it (because of refunds and people's short attention spans), I fully expect Andromeda to be the worst Bioware game to date.

Ruzen

Savant

Who is willing to bet cash that it's gonna be codex GOTY 2017? It has some W3 moments and well the voice acting is like really really good.
Man Witcher 3 getting top vote really ripped some assholes apart here didn't it.

:lol: That shit is too funny.
The whole thread is funny.
How can a person want to be associated with this pile of trash?

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
Catholic Poland vs. leftist USA

1VbVLv2O.png

Am I the only one seeing Polish design style called: "Carpet on the Wall"?
003_dizas.jpg

Perhaps others know that tapestry and carpets have the same origin and use, and it was used up to recent times to prevent the warmth to escape through the walls and as a decoration. Also i would suggest that carpets were quite uncommon on the floors up to 15th century in europe, and mostly used on walls because of their value. While in the european tapestry had depictions of humans, animals and mythology, the islamic tradition forbides this (more or less dependend on the culture ) somehow. The polish carpets are adapted from the armenian / iranian side, while the rest of europe has copied it from the turks since the 17th century.

Severian Silk

I see that Mass Effect level design hasn't improved. Maps are still 90% walkways or stairwells basically going nowhere.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Catholic Poland vs. leftist USA

1VbVLv2O.png

Am I the only one seeing Polish design style called: "Carpet on the Wall"?
003_dizas.jpg

Perhaps others know that tapestry and carpets have the same origin and use, and it was used up to recent times to prevent the warmth to escape through the walls and as a decoration. Also i would suggest that carpets were quite uncommon on the floors up to 15th century in europe, and mostly used on walls because of their value. While in the european tapestry had depictions of humans, animals and mythology, the islamic tradition forbides this (more or less dependend on the culture ) somehow. The polish carpets are adapted from the armenian / iranian side, while the rest of europe has copied it from the turks since the 17th century.

upload_2017-3-17_8-2-6.png

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
reminder this is one of the lead designer in bioware

g26DAkt.jpg

Not any longer. They let him go after the project shipped. Apparently he's selling mixtapes now or some shit.
Also, this screencap is the first thing to show up in the search results, so yeah, great employment prospects.

That's called progress, son. Go Breitbart Go. And this is why Le Pen will win and other good things will happen...
manveer-heir-white-tears.jpg

Last edited:

I ASK INANE QUESTIONS

ITZ NEVER STOPS COOOMING
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Uh, unironically - yes, that screen literally offers great employment prospects in Cucklifornia.
Not really, my man. Not by a longshot. Sure everyone there loves people who say Proper, Important Things, but nobody likes them when they are also loud, combative, and a huge PR liability. Cali crowd can't deal with aggression.

Oh I'm sure he'll get a nice job. Eventually. But so far he hasn't done himself any favors with the shit he's pulled.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

So what exactly are these improvements in Day One patch notes supposed to be?

Here’s what’s included with Mass Effect Andromeda update 1.01, 1.02, and 1.03 on PS4:

Version 1.01

• Improvements to Strike Teams UI screens
  • Additional multiplayer tutorials implemented
  • Balance: guns, loot drops, reward packs, objectives scoring
  • Improved appearance of character portraits
  • Adds new artwork for MP characters, armor, challenges in menu and codex entries
  • Improvements to many cinematics, conversations, and other character interactions
  • Improvements to quest tracking and waypoints
  • Improved quest rewards
  • Fixes various collision issues and a few rare audio issues
  • Performance improvements
Version 1.02

• Quest balancing
  • Various bug fixes and stability improvements
Version 1.03

• Various bug fixes and stability improvements

God knows what else is broken behind the scenes with people focusing exclusively on the visuals.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So what exactly are these improvements in Day One patch notes supposed to be?
They probably did improve some animations, but since all of them are shit there's too much work. Frankly it looks like all of them were auto generated with zero manual tweaking.
Also, Peebee shooting her gun backwards is still not fixed.
The game really needs another half year of polishing.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
The hate level of this guy is almost suicidal. That's too dark place to be, man. I can't laugh at a dude has so many problems. The problem is others top of him thinks he can able to design AAA titles.
Yes, if he was a chef he would be the kind of guy you would hire and he would probably spit in every meal that is served to white people
Not that it would stop Cucks from ordering and applauding the extraordinary taste. BTW is that "I see white people" - means that he want to kill us? From other remarks it may seem true, but may be some cultural appropriation or other non-existent bullshit.

And doesn't he know that Indians are also caucasians? Or does he see himself as a black person?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom