Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Preview Shocking Report From RPS: First Hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda Stinks

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Zed, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Whisky The Solution

Whisky
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    So, what you're saying is that Bioware cucked them?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Murk Arcane

Murk
    Tumblr indeed.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

Here's "her" benevolent discourse in action:

The "nazi tranny" in question:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Turok Erudite

Turok
    And people complain about Torment, is a Jewel in this days when games like Andromeda are the example of the industry.

• Despair Despair x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    deterministic system > RNG

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    ^ Top  
  5. Darkzone Arcane

Darkzone
    This is so called A pose, and the other standard post is the T pose. Both can be the default pose for the animations to be applied, but i have seen most of the time the T pose, like in Mixamo and Unity.
    It seems that they had not loaded or lost an idle animation or dialog animations.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Charles Eli Cheese Neckbeard Shitlord Edgy Shitposter

Unwanted
    What's the deal with the overuse of the word Pathfinder these days? It is everywhere. And complete crap.

Overall I am glad to see the latest offering is so feculant even the most diehard blowhard fans will have to slap themselves if they buy this turd.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Iznaliu Arbiter

Iznaliu
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Kev Inkline Arcane

Kev Inkline
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    From that tweet chain.

How can anyone ever be disappointed of some character's orientation in a video game? The romance crowd is truly different.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 4
    ^ Top  
  9. Iznaliu Arbiter

Iznaliu
    Now we know why everyone in FO4 was bi.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. TedNugent Arcane

TedNugent
    Rock Paper Shotgun review of Mass Effect Andromeda:

9/10
    "Amazing"
    "Beautiful World"
    "Writing is deep and provides tons of meaningful CC"
    "Combat is innovative and breaks new ground in tired TPS genre"
    "Works for intersectional diversity in videogames"
    "Works best with Origin"

• Funny Funny x 6
    ^ Top  
  11. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    deterministic system > RNG

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    ^ Top  
  12. Junmarko Ravioli di canguro Patron

Junmarko
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Good old Source Engine :salute:

:lol:

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Ruzen Learned

Ruzen
    I don't get It.
    Why some game companies force themselves to look cute towards the weird people who never buy their games.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 3
    • M: M: x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Bohrain Savant Patron

Bohrain
    It gets their game some free publicity since it occasionally gets the attention of both the tumblrites and the people who are infuriated by them end up giving the game attention.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Gecos Learned

Gecos
    RPS quote: It continues Dragon Age: Inquisition’s singleplayer MMO structure

I guess I must "commend" EA for being merciful with us. They could've gone the ZeniMax route and release a full blown Mass Effect Online cheesy - yes, yes, I know, pleonasm - MMO(RPG). But no matter, if this turd sells well, that will likely be the next step...

^ Top  
  16. Rean Codex Grammar Police Patron

Rean
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Played the demo until it ended on Eos.

I avoided the default female face and chose a mix of the Asian female preset and changed the hair style and eye colour slightly. Looked a hundred times better than that fucking abortion of a default female face.

Animations are still shit, though. The videos comparing this to Mass Effect 1 are apt. I have yet to see a dialogue animation that doesn't look like it could have come out of KOTOR 1. For a studio that is meant to have a bazillion animators and put such a heavy emphasis on 'storytelling', it is really fucking odd.

I guess the budget went into the graphics and the combat, but on my shit PC I had to dial everything down and the combat ended up being a stutterfest, so I didn't really get much out of it.

Planetary exploration and sidequests seem straight out of Dragon Age: Inquisition.

The premise is interesting (new galaxy, ships sent before that you have to meet up with, things have gone wrong, other arks haven't arrived yet) but it doesn't look like they've done much with it. New enemy race, Kett, are just nasty exoskeletal bipedal aliens that want to kill you. To get a foothold in Andromeda you have to learn how to use ancient alien tech (nu-Protheans, basically) to make world habitable. Maybe it'll improve but I don't much care at this point. Companions are boring. BioWare used to do this thing really well. You can tell it was made by a completely different team of people to those who made ME 1-3.

• Brofist x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Even fucking PewDiePie has a video on the shitty animations and even popamole fans are getting upset. Can't wait for the rebranding, from Bioware to "EA Whatever" before the closure.:lol:

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Darkzone Arcane

Darkzone
    Yes, but they do not understand that only no press is bad press and in the end catering to a specific demographic can lead to be ignored by other demographic. Gamers are interstead in good games not in gender politics. And it seems that this case is a bad game with gender politics.
    Trump played the heel and has demolished the face, especially since wikileaks revealed that the face is not really the face. In game terms this translates to make a good game and give a shit about the gender politics, espcially since you cannot satisfy the SJW demographics with this "white straight woman" example.

^ Top  
  19. l3loodAngel Proud INTJ Patron Edgy

l3loodAngel
    Now you deserve a participation award. The one that Cartman got for coming in last in the special olympics.

• Edgy Edgy x 4
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Bohrain Savant Patron

Bohrain
    Straight from the lead facial animator's portfolio.

Wouldn't be so bad if she was a first year student, but this is from a graduate who got a job as an artistic lead.
    I have a feeling the person responsible for the hires in Bioware Montreal isn't someone who understands the product.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Darkzone Arcane

Darkzone
    Now it is obvious what has happened: gender, sexual orientation and race oriented hireing at Bioware Montreal, instead of qualification and experience based. And this is the reason why this movement will fuck everything up that it touches. Not that Mass effect was good before, but it has obviously lowered even more the quality of the delivered product.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Black Arcane

Black
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Bester Arcane Patron Vatnik

Bester
    Well, to be fair,
    1) an animator doesn't have to be a 2d artist, and actually rarely is
    2) facial animations in ME are procedural or mocap or a mix or whatever

So...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Shin Savant

Shin
    wtf im normally not concerned about how game devs present themselves, but the current folk at bioware really were the special kids of the class huh?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Darkzone Arcane

Darkzone
    Whom did they take for the mocap? Someone with a giant dildo in his arse? AHH.. This was sarcasm... Sorry. I didn't get it at first, but procedural was the hint.
    Kubold on his first Test for face mocap:

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)