Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Should I play FO3 or FO4?

which?

• FO3

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • FO4

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters

Okagron

Prophet
Neither are worth it and you actively have to try to have writing as retarded as Fallout 3. This is the same game that at release didn't allowed you to send your companion that is immune to radiation to a place filled with radiation and the companion's logic for not going was "this is your destiny". Meaning you die for no reason. Or the fact you can actually do what President Eden asks you to do, which is poison the water with the FEV, and it has no consequences of any kind.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Wchih should i paly ? 403 or f04?

NOT interessted in jugar FNV porque es buggy piece of crap shit a idiota CABEzA estudio obsodon so dont eeven bring it up PF.

Actualmente, obsodon has not mad e a single buenes videojuego EXCEPT KOTOR2 but that game is even unfinished buggy mierda.

why they even bother to make nueva juegos WTF? ? ? ? ? ? all games by obsodon are garba ge and I NOT refuse 2 jugar so DONTN EVEN MENTION THAT FNV PLS

I playy PoE: Pillars de mundo y terminado pasado un o dos horas pq es ABURRINGO!!!!

Stupido comopandy i nunca play a game obsodon again

SO DO NOT BRING UP NUEVA VEGAS PQ NO ESCUCHO LO

WWHICH I PLAY? BETHESDA 3 OR BETHESDA 4?

GX

Seguro sos un negro envidioso, ¿cuántos Fallout isométricos tenés?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fallout 4 is the best post- apocalyptic sandbox shooter ever made
Nigga please
ANY of the Stalker games (Hell even Clear Sky) kick the shit out of Fallout 4; better shooter mechanics, quests, dialogues and hell yes even better setting

Bigg Boss

Arcane

NOT interessted in jugar FNV porque es buggy piece of crap shit a idiota CABEzA estudio obsodon so dont eeven bring it up PF.

Actualmente, obsodon has not mad e a single buenes videojuego EXCEPT KOTOR2 but that game is even unfinished buggy mierda.

why they even bother to make nueva juegos WTF? ? ? ? ? ? all games by obsodon are garba ge and I NOT refuse 2 jugar so DONTN EVEN MENTION THAT FNV PLS

I playy PoE: Pillars de mundo y terminado pasado un o dos horas pq es ABURRINGO!!!!

GX

Is this real Spanish? Did I learn Spanish in school on accident?

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
Cant tell if people voted for F4 because they really think its good or because of the bandwagon of hate against F3.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
MFW Codexers try and call F04 a good shooter. As someone who's play shooters a bunch, it's shit a shit shooter and action RPG.

Potato Canon

Novice
Fallout 3 and the DLC is worth a go just because it's strange, if you can forget the fact it's supposed to be a Fallout game. The writing is absolutely nonsensical, but there's a weirdness and certain charm to the whole thing and some straight up bizarre set pieces and genuinely odd atmosphere. Though clearly based on the studio's later work, 3's merits seem to have been more accidental than intentional.

4 is notable for being shockingly terrible on every level. And by shockingly, I mean no matter how low your expectations are, you will probably still be genuinely surprised at how bad the game manages to find ways to utterly fail. There's nothing redeeming about it. Just stay away, you are not missing anything. There's not one single thing it does well. It's not just mediocre, it is actively and offensively bad. You are better off just playing any other random mindless single-player "AAA" action game, no exaggeration.

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
Fallout 3 and the DLC is worth a go just because it's strange, if you can forget the fact it's supposed to be a Fallout game. The writing is absolutely nonsensical, but there's a weirdness and certain charm to the whole thing and some straight up bizarre set pieces and genuinely odd atmosphere. Though clearly based on the studio's later work, 3's merits seem to have been more accidental than intentional.

4 is notable for being shockingly terrible on every level. And by shockingly, I mean no matter how low your expectations are, you will probably still be genuinely surprised at how bad the game manages to find ways to utterly fail. There's nothing redeeming about it. Just stay away, you are not missing anything. There's not one single thing it does well. It's not just mediocre, it is actively and offensively bad. You are better off just playing any other random mindless single-player "AAA" action game, no exaggeration.

Its a good walking simulator, it has better graphics. The dialogue and NPC models are so terrible its actually funny. Its worth torrenting just to laugh at how bad it is.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

Its a good walking simulator, it has better graphics. The dialogue and NPC models are so terrible its actually funny. Its worth torrenting just to laugh at how bad it is.
0Hpcg1q.png

This guy knows his SHIT bros.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

I'll join those who thought the shooting was much better, and while not on par with other open-world shooters is at least enjoyable. Maybe that's because I played ranged stealth though, I can't speak to other builds. I also liked that it had a faction system with some choice and consequence, something FO3 has zero of. FO3 does have more world charm and whatnot, but I'd honestly rank the games roughly evenly because of what I just laid out.

To be clear I don't think either is that great.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
The shooting was not much better though because all the guns were shit, the armor fell apart like plastic, and the quests all required killing shit with shit guns and losing your plastic armor.

Squid

Arbiter
I wonder what it feels like to make a troll thread and have the thread's main troll become mfkndggrfll

Dustin542

Liturgist
F3 actually has better writing than FNV by a long shot, to the point where its a whole different league.

Crossed over from shitposter tag to full on troll with that post I think.

Its true, though all the good stuff is hidden in terminals, far from the starting area where you all stopped playing.
Pot meet kettle.

Also if we can't use isolated examples of good writing to judge a whole, neither can you.:troll:

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
The only Fallout 3 worth playing is Tactics. The only Fallout 4 worth playing is New Vegas.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

GX

Before asking such questions you should learn more about yourself watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2pD0B9Rfps

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Fallout 4 is better because you can be a general and save another settlement that needs your help.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom