Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

shoutbox is fucken broken

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Fite me faggot

ok mr anime avatar come at me

BrpLm5I.gif

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Now it constantly scrolls to bottom so you can't even look at old messages (chrome android)

Quality programming as usual, at least check what shit does before copypasting.

Raapys

Arcane
Works fine here on both Opera and IExplorer. Besides, better that a few people can't scroll back to look at old messages than that dozens have to scroll down to look at new messages.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Except it just broke it in a different way for the same people you imbecile.

"works fine" lol please never make suggestions again.

Raapys

Arcane
Yes, scrolling works fine in both opera and iexplorer, and for the people in the box a few hours ago.

Raapys

Arcane
So you're not actually disagreeing, you're just here to report that scrolling is not working in Chrome?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
So you're not actually disagreeing, you're just here to report that scrolling is not working in Chrome?
It works except because of your beautiful solution it scrolls to the bottom instantly.

Apparently doing it only when a new message is posted and scroll is already at the bottom is teh hard

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
You fucked it up, Raapys and DU. Now the chat window snaps to the newest message at the bottom regardless of where you're at in the scrollable window, even if you're holding it in place manually with the scrollbar.

Fix it.

Raapys

Arcane
Oh no, with all this whining I just spent half an hour learning motherfucking javascript to fix everything, you better implement this shit:

image.png

Same function, further down:
image.png

Make this scroll to bottom function look like this:
image.png

Result: Scrolls all the way down if, and only if, the user is already at the bottom. Otherwise, stays in the current spot. No idea if it works right for mobile, since there's no practical way for me to test it.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

I know, right? Constantly filled with demented autists spewing nonsense no one cares about. Someone should fix that ASAP!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom