Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

shoutbox is fucken broken

Felix

Arcane
Stop being butthurt about losing, mustawd, misquote someone is what a woman would do, we men are better than that.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Oh no, with all this whining I just spent half an hour learning motherfucking javascript to fix everything, you better implement this shit:

image.png

Same function, further down:
image.png

Make this scroll to bottom function look like this:
image.png

Result: Scrolls all the way down if, and only if, the user is already at the bottom. Otherwise, stays in the current spot. No idea if it works right for mobile, since there's no practical way for me to test it.
Now it doesn't seem to scroll down at all.

Raapys

Arcane
Now it doesn't seem to scroll down at all.

You are typo. $("#taigachat_box").get(0).scrollheight; should be $("#taigachat_box").get(0).scrollHeight;

Capitalization is much important, separates a variable from a non-value.

line 488 should thus read: shouldScrollDown = $("#taigachat_box").get(0).scrollTop + $("#taigachat_box").height() + 10 >= $("#taigachat_box").get(0).scrollHeight;

Last edited:

alkeides 2.0

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I prefer the current way rather than being unable to scroll up at all, which was the previous situation on mobile.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Now instead of the chat box expanding off the screen so you have to scroll down outside the box to see new chat, now when people chat the text just stays in the same place and you have to manually scroll down within the box to see new chat. This also happens as well on the main forum page with shoutbox off to side as well now. The old problem with shoutbox only affected it when you opened shoutbox in a new tab, not on the main forum page.

Mustawd

Zed, you fuck. It's broken again.

EDIT: ooops, no it's fine. False alarm.

Last edited by a moderator:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Firefox 52.0.2 if you are at the bottom already then it does scroll properly, if you scroll up and leave it there it doesn't snap to bottom.

So it appears to be working for me.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Tested Raapys fix an it works perfectly in Chrome, though he said to add this directly under that line to make it work in inspector (for those that want to try):
Code:
            console.log(shouldScrollDown);

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This issue now appears to be resolved, with Shoutbox functionality now working as intended across browsers we care aboutÂą.

ÂąIE: The one I use.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Nope still broken on Chrome. When you open shoutbox in a new tab it doesn't scroll to the bottom at all. It sort of works on the main page but eventually breaks.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

still works for me and I'm on chrome (the one on the shoutbox page, the one on the main page breaks eventually for me too)

Grimlorn

Arcane
still works for me and I'm on chrome (the one on the shoutbox page, the one on the main page breaks eventually for me too)
Might be because I'm zoomed in at 150-175 percent then. But I can't read webpages in 100%. Everything is too small and webpages typically don't fit the whole screen. :(

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
seems to be working a little better now good job javascript nerds

Raapys

Arcane
We must always respect the elderly. I have reproduced the problem with zoomed or abnormal aspect ratios. Chrome appears to report a slightly too small scroll-bar height of .33333333333 points less than it should be, when doing some zoomed modes, which makes the script to believe it is no longer at the bottom, thus not auto-scrolling.

The solution took me all night and day, but I stood strong.

Line 488 should instead of "+10" have "+11".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom