Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shutting This Forum Down

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Are you perhaps implying that the 0.1% richest controlling the government, the media, the means of production and - now with the advent of social media - even public discourse is not tyranny?
Tell that to Donald Trump. The 0.1% were and are completely opposed to his presidency. And yet, here we are.
Are they, in fact?
:philosoraptor:

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
What has he actually done to upset them though? The best thing he has done is the Gorsuch nomination, but Kavanaugh doesn't differ much from Roberts and will probably get worse. I don't believe he's built even a mile of border wall, deportations haven't happened on any grand scale I read that it was less than even the Obama administration, crack downs on companies hiring illegals hasn't been much of an increase if any, don't see where he has "drained the swamp," or done much of anything. His biggest power move was moving the US Israeli embassy to Jerusalem, and back them on a territorial grab in the golan heights which they have no recent historical claim to. The Trump phenomenon seems to have been more of a safety valve to release all the pent up fumes of right wing leaning people without actually accomplishing much of anything they want, and transposing the America first movement into an Israel first one. But he says a lot of stuff on twitter we can agree with and slap hands about.

Pb4PT0F.gif

Diggfinger

Arcane
Having purchased the game at full price makes me a top-candidate for the prestigious post of vice-admin of teh soon-to-be-established Grimoire forum, right???

:obviously::bounce::bounce:

Last edited:

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
What has he actually done to upset them though?
>What has he actually done to upset them though?
Generally: he's an element of populist chaos in a stable establishment system.
More specifically: everything involving trade, i.e. no TPP, and a trade war that had to happen sooner or later, but which messes with the myopic short term growth model.

>The best thing he has done is the Gorsuch nomination
Agreed

>but Kavanaugh doesn't differ much from Roberts and will probably get worse.
I like him better than Roberts, at least. I agree with his dissent against the conservatives re: double jeopardy.

>I don't believe he's built even a mile of border wall
I mostly blame congressional Republicans on this one. Trump can't fund it himself, and I don't want a Wilsonian president (read prime minister) that directs Congress.

>deportations haven't happened on any grand scale I read that it was less than even the Obama administration
A travesty, and mostly Trump's fault.

>crack downs on companies hiring illegals hasn't been much of an increase if any,
I'd rather we don't have crackdowns on that, because it would have a chilling effect on hiring legal immigrants. How can employers be certain that immigrant applicants aren't actually illegals using stolen identities? They can't, and the result would be that legal immigrants don't get jobs.

>don't see where he has "drained the swamp,"
By executive order, everybody appointed to any position in the executive office has a 5 year ban on lobbying. Certain higher ranking officials have lifetime bans on lobbying. Also, appointees cannot work on issues involving former employers or clients for the first two years of their employment in the executive branch. That's huge.
And what do you think Barr is doing as we speak?

>or done much of anything.
Appointing two SCOTUS justices, appointing/awaiting confirmation by the senate for hundreds of federal judges, reducing and simplifying regulations by cutting two for each one added, slashing the corporate tax rate from 35% to 20%, big dicking Mexico and Canada to make them renegotiate NAFTA, big dicking China with tariffs and by labelling them currency manipulators for obvious reasons and for obvious benefit (we will see who blinks first), refusing to enter the Paris climate bullshit, the Israel thing, and simply staying afloat in the sea of propaganda and outright coup attempts... I'd say that's a decent start.

He's not done enough and he is a safety valve, like you said. But he's not without accomplishments.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom