Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News SKALD: Against the Black Priory now in beta, coming September

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Scape-IT; SKALD: Against the Black Priory

SKALD: Against the Black Priory is undoubtedly among the coolest of the various retro Ultima-likes in development these days. One of its many good qualities is that developer Anders Lauridsen knows how to stick to a schedule. He released the backer alpha a month after the game was Kickstarted last summer and it continued to be updated throughout 2019. A development update published last month announced that the game was now effectively in closed beta, with a final release planned for September. Today, that beta build was made available to backers.

Hello everyone!

The time is finally here: I happy to announce that the first tiny piece of the Beta build is finally up!

It's short and sweet and consists of the games prologue. It should take about 15-20 minutes to play through and you can consider it an interactive trailer of sorts . It also should give you a pretty good idea of where the game is going.

How do I get it?
Easy: Just use the itch.io link you got for the Alpha demo. It should take you right to the game's Itch page and there you should find the Beta build easy as pie. If you've lost your link, get in touch with me and I'll hook you up.

The Next Step

Beta 1.0.0 is for all backers and a handful of friends of the community. As beta-development proceeds, backers of KNIGHT-tier and higher will get a brand new key so they can follow the closed beta development.

Feedback and reaching out

By far, my preferred way of getting feedback in the demo is via the Discord-channel. We have sub-channels set up for that express purpose and keeping things in one place makes it a lot easier for me to review.

Beyond that you can always reach me at contact(at)skaldrpg.com or on twitter.

Hope you all enjoy the demo!
Back in November, Anders launched an Indiegogo InDemand campaign for SKALD, allowing him to continue accepting pledges indefinitely. So if you weren't a Kickstarter backer and want to get in on the beta, it's not too late.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
This looks fucken amazing. Reminds me of the older Ultima games.

Thanks for the find Infinitron.

Any plans for Steam/GoG early access?

Lilliput McHammersmith

I've been following this for a while. Haven't become a backer yet, but I'm thinking I will soon.:bounce:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
God, that art is good. More than anything, it reminds me of some of the amazing SSI Gold Box art. I don't think Ultima ever had anything comparable.

EDIT:

For example:
32401-secret-of-the-silver-blades-amiga-screenshot-title-screen-3.gif

That said, I don't think any of the C64 Gold Box games had such good art.

Sin2x

Scholar
Coven Path of Redemption is coming to Kickstarter in June as well. Good times for Ultima.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Holy Crap this is gorgeous!! Sooooo many try and do "retro" pixal art but fail miserably most of the time (either lazily done or just not good at it). This is :incline:. I don't even remember seeing this one before. I immediately went over to Ingiegogo and pledged for the Collector's Edition!
:dance:

Dr Schultz

Augur
Color me interested

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom