Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skill points allocation

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It would still be possible to have musicians play for more people

Hi CP, don't bother on my account. I'm very happy with the game as is. Don't waste any time fixing what aint broken, you better start working on Prelude 2 :)

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
Increasing the profit from music can be done easily, I'll add it in for the next patch, and as stated in some other locations I will definitely be tweaking barter and nature improvement rates as well. I'm probably also actually going to slightly slow down combat improvement rates and link them to attributes so that rates will be based on a combination of intelligence + appropriate stats rather than just intelligence, but that may not make it in, I want to play with it and see how/if it balances first.
Also I'll be linking improvement rates slightly to difficutly level as well.

-mat

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
CP said:
It would still be possible to have musicians play for more people. Do other people think this is a good idea? If so, when/where would you like to see it? Thanks.

How about at temples for mass? Of course, that wouldn't be that fun to script for you guys, bringing all the Goddess people from a town and putting them in the temple. I don't know what the reward for that would be either, since money probably wouldn't be the best offering for someone playing at a temple mass. It's one of the few places I can think of where there are lots of seats so you can play for a large audiance.

A random encounter where a hero might pay you to write a ballad of his life for 100 drach might be interesting. The price could go up or down depending on your skill.

Funerals and festivals are places for music, but I'm not sure either would fit in to the game. Weddings would be another place, since there is one in the game.

Jed

Cipher
crpgnut said:
I never fixed the well, as I didn't have anyone skilled enough when I was there. I didn't teach a girl music either, I must have missed that one. Either that or I don't remember it....which town?
Which town are these quests in? (Tinker and Music are my specialties...

J

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
XJEDX said:
Which town are these quests in? (Tinker and Music are my specialties...

Land's End, Ansel's (sp?) house

Spoilers below

To be admited into the Academy, you must pay 50 coins, take a test, or talk the mother of a gifted boy into letting him go to the Academy. To do that you must perform a number of tasks that keeping the boy at home. Although if your speech is high enough, you can skip the chores, but a little bit of honest work never hurt anybody :lol:

Aggamemnon

Novice
Just have gear that is slightly (very slightly) better when maintained by a tinkerer. Or a certain enemy whoes gear you could tinker with (or steal if you have that skill) but then you need an actual real hide/sneak skill.

I haven't found much use for sneak yet what do most people use it for?

CP

Liturgist
Aggamemnon said:
Just have gear that is slightly (very slightly) better when maintained by a tinkerer. Or a certain enemy whoes gear you could tinker with (or steal if you have that skill) but then you need an actual real hide/sneak skill.

I haven't found much use for sneak yet what do most people use it for?

Stealth is checked in a number of quests. It also helps in encounters with enemies during random events.

Thanks.

CP

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom