Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim: 30 hrs down the drain (Imperial vs Stormcloak spoila

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
It's important because Talos was Lorkhan-mantled. The Elves were so desperate to outlaw his worship because it's one step towards eliminating humanity and the idea of humanity, which they believe will lead to the world and linear time being unravelled and allowing them to return to the divine beings they believe themselves to be.

So pretty important

Edwin

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
It's important because Talos was Lorkhan-mantled. The Elves were so desperate to outlaw his worship because it's one step towards eliminating humanity and the idea of humanity, which they believe will lead to the world and linear time being unravelled and allowing them to return to the divine beings they believe themselves to be.

So pretty important

If the empire falls its all over,praying at the Talos shrines wont save the citizens of Skyrim(and if you side with Ulfric that will change very little,Talos worship will be still banned in the empire so the elves will still get what they want--->a weak empire which is easy to defeat,after that the elves can eat Skyrim for breakfast Talos worship or not)

Nope

Liturgist
Re: Skyrim: 30 hrs down the drain (Imperial vs Stormcloak sp

Talos main importance stems from him being the one deity placed on a high enough pedestal by humanity to force his/their viewpoint on the Mythic. (which happens to be Lorkhan/Shor/Shezarr's viewpoint, probably due to his ascent to divinity by mantling or being mantled)

Given the track record of the Empire and the Nords when it comes to the Elves i'd bet my money on the Nords.
The Cyrodiils have a history of being Elf-Slaves who didn't even want to give up their Elven gods after they were freed by the Nords.
The Nords have a history of popping out Shezarrines who became Heroes to them largely through Elf-slaughter like Pelinal Whitestrake, Ysgramor, Tiber Septim and so on.

Tel Prydain

Augur
I'm frankly just thrilled and heartened that Bethesda were even capable of creating sides with a little nuance. I can't tell if they ACTUALLY did it on purpose, or is if this is a "thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters" situation.

Still :salute:

As for the situation itself, you can gamble short-term for long-term gain or ensure your immediate security by putting your long-term future at risk.
It's a pity that your choice is unlikely to actually affect jack-shit when TES6 rolls around.

pocahaunted

Arcane
Spoilers below.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before, but you do have the option to ignore the faction quests and then, later on, you can try to sue for peace without interfering with the status quo after dealing with Alduin for the first time via the Jarl in Whiterun.

Not sure if peace is actually agreed upon, because I didn't bother to try. I might load up a later save to test it out.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Re: Skyrim: 30 hrs down the drain (Imperial vs Stormcloak sp

Nope said:
Talos main importance stems from him being the one deity placed on a high enough pedestal by humanity to force his/their viewpoint on the Mythic. (which happens to be Lorkhan/Shor/Shezarr's viewpoint, probably due to his ascent to divinity by mantling or being mantled)

Given the track record of the Empire and the Nords when it comes to the Elves i'd bet my money on the Nords.
The Cyrodiils have a history of being Elf-Slaves who didn't even want to give up their Elven gods after they were freed by the Nords.
The Nords have a history of popping out Shezarrines who became Heroes to them largely through Elf-slaughter like Pelinal Whitestrake, Ysgramor, Tiber Septim and so on.

Maybe the decadent Nibanese but not Colovian Highlanders who happen to man the Legions. There was Talos cult who wanted to kill the Uriel Septim VII and replace him by stronger emperor in Morrowind. Talos is God of Soldiers, Settlers and Adventures in Cyrodil which means he is not so easily to be sidetracked or forgotten as those groups are most strong willed and/or backboned.

And besides Cyrodil has their own heroes like Reman, Alesia and Centurion Bravilus. Nords are not as outsdanding as they wanted to be seen.

Thanks for list I picked this Dibella Priestress, Sienna she has very sexy voice.... and is trained in horizontal tango. :smug:

I'll marry her after Ulfric will die, there will be much drinking and singing.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Heresiarch said:
Aela is hot. Her armor is not a chain bikini but its design is so sexy, with just enough revealing. And thanks to her nature, I bet she's a wild beast on the bed.

And the brothers of the Companions are so cute, funny and manlish too. I bet character will have the most wonderful time in her life if they can have a threesome with her.

But oh Lydia, she saved my ass so many times and she's loyal and what not. She followed me through anywhere and she's never annoying, whining, nor complaining. She's the perfect type to live together and forever.

I play as a Nord blonde mage chick btw.
:what:

Nope

Liturgist
Reman is the only one that comes to mind, being the one to unite them all.
Alessia is a bit of a strech considering she predates the Imperial-Colovian-Nibanese identity by a whole Empire and had the likes of Pelinal and Morihaus fighting with her.
Centurion Bravilus doesn't ring any bells, can't seem to find him on TIL or any of the wikis either.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Pretty sure Ysgramor wasn't a Shezzarine. He was just the most badass Nord in Tamriel history.

Thalmor trying to outlaw Talos worship show that they're not strong enough (yet) to simply invade Cyrodiil and Skyrim and simply eliminate all humans (the only sure way to completely remove the idea of Talos/Ysmir/Lorkhan). They're pussies having to use underhanded tactics.

Heresiarch said:
Aela is hot. Her armor is not a chain bikini but its design is so sexy, with just enough revealing. And thanks to her nature, I bet she's a wild beast on the bed.

And the brothers of the Companions are so cute, funny and manlish too. I bet character will have the most wonderful time in her life if they can have a threesome with her.

But oh Lydia, she saved my ass so many times and she's loyal and what not. She followed me through anywhere and she's never annoying, whining, nor complaining. She's the perfect type to live together and forever.

I play as a Nord blonde mage chick btw.
Looking at that list, though, there's some quality trolling from Bethesda. You can marry that fugly Dunmer nirnroot farmer chick. :M

Deleted member 7219

I married Aela. :smug:

As for the Civil War quests, really fucking disappointing.
There's almost no resolution. I sided with the Legion and after killing Ulfric, nothing happens. The Jarls loyal to the Stormcloaks are switched around and you can hear some stuff in Dawnstar about how everyone is glad Skald is gone, and in Whitehelm people hate you for getting rid of Ulfric, but there is still no High King or Queen and most people still talk about how Skyrim is in Civil War.

I would have preferred there to have been a Moot, like the one that the Jarl of Solitude wants only says can't happen because of the War, where you have to convince all the Jarls to pick a new High King, and then the Emperor comes to make it official. That would have been a great way to end the Civil War and the Main Quests.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
abnaxus said:
Pretty sure Ysgramor wasn't a Shezzarine. He was just the most badass Nord in Tamriel history.

Thalmor trying to outlaw Talos worship show that they're not strong enough (yet) to simply invade Cyrodiil and Skyrim and simply eliminate all humans (the only sure way to completely remove the idea of Talos/Ysmir/Lorkhan). They're pussies having to use underhanded tactics.
Everyone knows how it'll turn out:

Nerevarine finally stops dicking around in the land of snakes and monkeys, and comes back. Seeing Vvardenfell's now a crater, things get to a logical conclusion: Nerevarine goes around kicking ass and taking names like a good Dunmer. And of course, proclaim everyone N'wah.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Bethesda won't ever make Nerevarine return, let alone come up with a canon Nerevarine, Nerevarine could be a Khajiit or Argonian FFS.

If there's ever going to be a game set in Akavir, there's probably going to be some bullshit of the Nerevarine getting owned by Tosh Raka or something.

Drakron

Arcane
True, what can be said about the Nerevarine could be said about the Eternal Champion (Arena) ... the problem arises from Corprus that might make the Nerevarine immortal but that leads to the "Elminster effect".

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Call me an racist conservative fascist misogynist, but from a mythological perspective I found a non-male Dunmer Nerevarine a jarring concept, even just to play as.

Drakron

Arcane
Why?

Nerevar was a Chimer that themselves were Altmeri that abandoned Summerset Island and followed the prophet Veloth.

Nerevar was never a Dunmer because he was killed before Azura cursed the Chinmer.

From the "mythological perspective" it makes no difference if the Nevarine is a Dunmer or a Almer and since Nevarine was very close to Azura he can pretty much be of any race as Azura is worshiped by pretty much every race, especially by the Khajitt.

pocahaunted

Arcane
What about the inane Dark Brotherhood questline?

Getting rid of the emperor changes absolutely nothing, I actually enlisted in the legion after killing the poor guy. Pretty fucking retarded.

Even the dudes I had been fighting previously, those occulati or whatever, simply ignored my presence henceforth

Luzur

Good Sir
so, did they use a unique NPC for the Emperor or just reused some generic Nord NPC like they did with Pelagius III?

He looked like that one Greybeard guy.

... although they did use a separate voice actor for the Emperor instead of the same old boring "imperial" voice. A mod will probably come along that changes the phrase he says to "You are the one from my dreams" before he dies.

Edwin

Scholar
Ed123 said:
Luzur said:
so, did they use a unique NPC for the Emperor or just reused some generic Nord NPC like they did with Pelagius III?

(SPOILERS)

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Titus_Mede_II

I'm assuming it't the same guy from the shitty book.

"If the Emperor is killed before the conclusion of the Legion's questline, Jarl Elisif will not be able to be named High Queen of Skyrim. "

Thats just great,I murdered the old fag like 5 hours into the game

Drakron

Arcane
Ed123 said:
Wait, I'm confused. Are we talking "mythological perspective" in terms of - literally - the Dunmer perspective on their mythology?

The problem comes the Dunmer mythology is still Altmeri based and even if Boethiah changed things and later the Tribunal its still rooted on Altmeri belief.

The point I tried to make is there is no reason to why the Nevarine have to be Dunmer, in fact the game does pushes it for the Nevarine to be a outlander (outsider).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom