Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim - Bethesda, you should be very, very proud.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Luzur said:
what i miss are those ashpiles with armor laying around in Dwarven holds in Morrowind, that shows where the guards stood when they poofed away.

most of the dwarven holds feels more like big factories/malls, not ordinary homes.

where did the farmers live? the soldiers? where did the merchants ply their trade? everything is factories, auditoriums, pumpstations and whatnot, no ordinary homes or markets.
The dwemer still lived during the same periods as other races, and presumably existed while the early Nedic peoples were still alive. So they could have easily traded food with them?

I mean, why not just relegate inferior pursuits to less advanced civilizations and leave all superior dwemer to work to achieve technological mastery? The dwemer clearly were a decadent leisure class, seeing some of the special torture rooms with balcony and chairs at the top for viewing. They had no longer the need for manual labour and other mundane work.

DraQ said:
Mozgoëbstvo said:
Yeah, but we don't run around in groups of hunter-gatherers to do it, amirite, knight?
And we don't leave carcasses with embedded weapons littering the landscape.

Luzur said:
what i miss are those ashpiles with armor laying around in Dwarven holds in Morrowind, that shows where the guards stood when they poofed away.

6370c7ae0bc45b5bc59bab47e3ada6ceecf1be83_m.jpg

Anyway, aren't those items leveled? A dozen pages ago someone posted a pic of a lake where there's rock in the middle of it containing a skeleton holding a sword, and the sword is either Iron or Dwarven depending on your level. I'd say those were probably just iron arrows that turned into dwarven.

Using dwemer arrows doesn't make one dwemer. Just sayin'.
Besides, a decadent race might've had reasons other than sustenance to shoot an animal (e.g. weapons tests or entertainment).

Then again, it's a Bethesda game - one can never rule out dwemer in fur straps running after a mammoth, shaking spears and yelling incoherently...

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Using dwemer arrows doesn't make one dwemer. Just sayin'.
Besides, a decadent race might've had reasons other than sustenance to shoot an animal (e.g. weapons tests or entertainment).

Then again, it's a Bethesda game - one can never rule out dwemer in fur straps running after a mammoth, shaking spears and yelling incoherently...
:hearnoevil::kfc::balance:
Besides every Dwemer hold I explored was already looted by Falmer and Scientific expeditions, so no suprise the gear was sparse. Skyrim not as isolated as Red Mountain and area inside Ghostfence was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom