Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

CorpseZeb

Learned
DraQ said:
Keep your retarded DoF out of my fucking Morrowind!
:oops:

... is fog really better than DoF of some sort? That said, I'm not very fond of "modernish" Morrowind, either.

DraQ

Arcane
CorpseZeb said:
DraQ said:
Keep your retarded DoF out of my fucking Morrowind!

... is fog really better than DoF of some sort? That said, I'm not very fond of "modernish" Morrowind, either.
Fog is atmospheric, DoF is optical.

Fog may make sense (if the atmosphere is very dusty or misty), due to the way eyes work DoF beyond the distance of several m doesn't make any, because further away, you can pretty much keep everything up to the horizon in good enough focus (you either see something very close and everything else is blurry, or other way around - you see far away objects just fine, but ones very close are blurred to hell).

Unless DoF either blurs out very close objects (like your weapon) or pretty much everything else, depending on wat you're looking at it's a shitty unrealistic effects added to impress oxygen-deprived kwanzanian lard-faces who are too fat even come out and see how reality looks like any more.

baronjohn

Cipher
It's a MGE option to apply a bit of blur in the distance so there's less aliasing. It's not DOF, since it doesn't change depending on where you look.

It's realistic too. It simulates my myopia :smug:

Luzur

Good Sir
well as i told ya guys before i just won the war for the imperials, and yet when i walk into a Stormcloak camp in full Imperial gear they dont really care more then drawing their weapon and say "this isnt your fight, friend" uhm it IS my fight since i am a titled Imperial Legunatus/something roman and your sworn enemy..

i mean, come on, you guys just lost the war and your leader to the Imperial Legions, be abit more on the edge and insta-attack imperial soldiers (i was even told by Tullius to clear out Stormcloak camps FFS), also, why are there immortal camp leaders in evey Stormcloak camp? i have to smash them down til they are on their knees, turbo loot the camp and then leave before he gets up again.

feels like i got a seriously bugged version of the game, and what ive learned of the patch thats out it fucks up shit even more.

also, i cant see fires, waterfalls or fountains, graphicscard bug or game bug?

DraQ

Arcane
baronjohn said:
It's a MGE option to apply a bit of blur in the distance so there's less aliasing. It's not DOF, since it doesn't change depending on where you look.

It's realistic too. It simulates my myopia :smug:
Fucking kwanzanian untermenschen cannot into glasses.

Or monocles.
:obviously:

DraQ

Arcane
J_J_M said:
DraQ said:
J_J_M said:
Bethesda takes scaling to extremes. Now damage and running speed scales with your physical size.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... selection/
Nothing new under the sun.

Running speed in Morrowind scaled with character's height.
:smug:
Yeah, but now the magic-weaving high-cultured Altmer bench press more weight and kick Orcs asses in fist fights.
That's why they should have made separate height and mass stats.
:smug:

Mayday

Augur
junk.jpg

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Pic5.png

This is the unguarded border gate between Skyrim and Morrowind in the game.

And if you use a flying hack, you can levitate all the way across the Skyrim mountains into...the Imperial City.

Pic17.png

"Saw a mudcrab kick some bandit ass the other day."

"Horrible creatures, I hear outlaws avoid them whenever they can."

Here I am stalking some bandit mage when he aggroes and runs off toward the front of the camp. I'd taken the high road over some rocks to get a vantage point over the entire camp, so I figure Lydia must have bugged and gone out front. Bzzt, wrong.

The mage starts getting himself kicked around by three mudcrabs. Every time he tries to do something one interrupts him and the others gangpile. Shortly before he dies a bandit archer comes running over and he dies too. The mudcrabs wander around and then aggro the rest of the camp.

Two mudcrabs went back to the river that day, fury sated. One lay dead on a pile of his vanquished foes.

Mudcrabs.

:yeah:

Edit: Went back to a save from about a minute before, here...

FerWi.jpg

"Next."

Ji28v.jpg

Mudcrabs just do not give a fuck about your lightning.

CorpseZeb

Learned
Commissar Draco said:
And this how proper Roman looks like according to Kwans:

No to mention that all proper Roman were men...

Ps. ... or you are taking about too small, thus NOT proper... y'know.

DraQ

Arcane
I've seen a bandit recently in the river. He was doing something near the shore. When I approached him, he freaked out, swam to the other side, got on the road and started running away from me, screaming. When I pursued him he started cowering and begging for mercy. I chased him a bit then left him alone, happy that the game doesn't simulate certain physiological functions, because I wouldn't want to watch panicking bandit leaving loose turds all over the road.

He was undamaged, BTW.

Genma:TheDestroyer said:
"Saw a mudcrab kick some bandit ass the other day."

"Horrible creatures, I hear outlaws avoid them whenever they can."

Here I am stalking some bandit mage when he aggroes and runs off toward the front of the camp. I'd taken the high road over some rocks to get a vantage point over the entire camp, so I figure Lydia must have bugged and gone out front. Bzzt, wrong.

The mage starts getting himself kicked around by three mudcrabs. Every time he tries to do something one interrupts him and the others gangpile. Shortly before he dies a bandit archer comes running over and he dies too. The mudcrabs wander around and then aggro the rest of the camp.

Two mudcrabs went back to the river that day, fury sated. One lay dead on a pile of his vanquished foes.

:incline: of mudcrabs.

:yeah:
Fixed.

baronjohn

Cipher
Commissar Draco said:
Redeye said:

And this how proper Roman looks like according to Kwans:

2492-3-1322919592.jpg

Fake blond, fake tan, and dressed in clean, shiny, disneyland coloured plastic armour. :yeah:
Why does that character's skin and hair look like a 1995 poser model? That doesn't reflect my experience. Skyrim does a pretty good job with faces actually-

12MQS.jpg

kris

Arcane
baronjohn said:
Sure is original

You guys are so late. I called it Edoras weeks ago. That whole valley is LOTR Rohan theme park. Just missing the horses and Grima Wormtongue.

tennishero

Novice
skyrim is the best rpg ever made imo

oblivion was a good game that was made perfect by mods

skyrim doesnt need mods- best game bethesda has ever made- i'd be suprised if they ever make anything this good again

as for the mages guild in morrowind VS skyrim

stop bitchin like a f@g- damned if you do damned if you dont

if it had been a boring looking building you would moan about how the guilds dont look different enough

as for needing to be a mage to play the mages quest- i suggest you play again and see that you are tested before you even enter the byulding

morons

oblivion dungeons were great- maybe better than skyrims- i think skyrim dungeons are too big

only nitpick with skyrim i have so far

Heresiarch

Prophet
tennishero said:
skyrim is the best rpg ever made imo
oblivion was a good game that was made perfect by mods

skyrim doesnt need mods- best game bethesda has ever made- i'd be suprised if they ever make anything this good again

as for the mages guild in morrowind VS skyrim

stop bitchin like a f@g- damned if you do damned if you dont

if it had been a boring looking building you would moan about how the guilds dont look different enough

as for needing to be a mage to play the mages quest- i suggest you play again and see that you are tested before you even enter the byulding
morons

oblivion dungeons were great- maybe better than skyrims- i think skyrim dungeons are too big

only nitpick with skyrim i have so far

lol wut

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom