Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by baronjohn, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    well cant let those paying customers down, you gotta let them win everytime, everywhere.

so no penalties or harsh words.

^ Top  
  2. Text Adventurer Novice

Text Adventurer
    And you can completely screw it up, get caught and imprisoned and they still let you into the guild.

^ Top  
  3. Commissar Draco KKKodex WCDS Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    This is why I don't run this questline as it is insults me as RPG player. This thief even don't care you are Savior of Skyrim/Legions Legate//Stormfagot Fuhrer and you can't order the guards/soldiers from nearest fort to arrest them.
    That's :decline: over even oblibion. They made game with better setting, lore and amputated mechanics which is good for me couse they work this time but with quests for Idiots. You can't left no children Consoltard behind Beth?
    Another Beth game I won't buy... Good for me as I will get AoD instead.

^ Top  
  4. Rhalle Magister

Rhalle
    To my ear those songs are grating, to be honest. Not her-- the lyrics. A dilettante wrote them.

The poem about King Olaf (and the stuff on the word-walls), however, were obviously written by someone that really knew what they were doing; they are skilled imitations of Anglo-Saxon alliterative verse, and Bethesda deserves props for it.

The first time I did that encounter I actually got a beheading animation on him, but it happened just as he stabbed her, so I thought you couldn't save her no matter what.

^ Top  
  5. Monoclebear Educated

Monoclebear
    I don't like the songs the girl sung, way too much of that echo-like effect. But to say something on topic, i've bought skyrim and had a blast with it at first but later after i tried some games that are out of my normal comfortzone i just can't go back, it's way too bland.

^ Top  
  6. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    I thought the song that becomes available after you kill Alduin was the best one. Even if that isn't saying much.

The pauses between the lines are just retarded though, and I'm damn sure it wasn't supposed to be like that, they just fucked something up, as usual.

^ Top  
  7. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much

JarlFrank
    Secret Lab of the Warrior-Magus of Esoteric RPGism
    I think their dialogue system cannot display lines longer than X characters/words. Which means they also don't record one large voice file for a dialogue, but many small ones. (Like, a char has text of 20 lines, but can only say 5 at once; so they cut it into snippets of 4 different recordings)
    This leads to unnatural pauses within dialogues.

^ Top  
  8. bussinrounds Savant

bussinrounds
    I thought the best and most fitting song for Skyrim was done by those BRO team retards. :

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Melcar Arcane

Melcar
    :lol:

^ Top  
  10. Kaanyrvhok Arbiter

Kaanyrvhok
    When a game sells 10 mill this is to be expected besides moders have been one upping Beth and just about every other PC dev for a couple decades.

^ Top  
  11. Flanged Scholar

Flanged
    Apparently Beth sent a copy of Oblivion to Max Von Sydow to get him on board for Skyrim, but he had just bought Daggerfall off GOG and struggled through Privateer's Hold, so he knew Oblivion was shit. They promised him a load of cash, so he did the voice and the ads for Skyrim anyway, but he trolled Beth viciously throughout by inventing his own dialogs for Esbern.

This video shows how he thought the old Blade should be portrayed in his first meeting with the Dragonborn:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Flanged Scholar

Flanged
    This video shows the conflict that rages within all Codexians, over whether or not they actually enjoy Skyrim as a game.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. Wyrmlord Arcane

Wyrmlord
    o_O

^ Top  
  14. torpid Liturgist

torpid
    :lol: "He's got a very very long film history, very very serious dramatic movies like Ghostbusters 2"

^ Top  
  15. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    Good game man. 100 page thread here we go? Or will the roll ends as ME 3 is released in March?

^ Top  
  16. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    This is what that Thordir(or whatever the fuckhead at RPGWatch was called) was talking about....

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    Beta patch is on steam, check yo account settings for a "skyrim beta" option and restart.

^ Top  
  18. Papa Môlé Arcane

Papa Môlé
    so is this the longest thread outside of gd and lp on the codex yet

edit: nvm seems like steam sale thread is 155 pages...

^ Top  
  19. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Commissar Draco KKKodex WCDS Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    ^ Top  
  21. CrazyLoon Prophet

CrazyLoon
    ^ Top  
  22. Akasen Scholar Patron

Akasen
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    No amount of disasters, be they man-made or natural, shall take down the Japanese people! But BRB, resisting my genes.

^ Top  
  23. Bahamut Arcane

Bahamut
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Gord Arcane

Gord
    It gives a pretty big increase in fps in CPU-limited spots (like certain city-scenes).
    On average I got a ~40-50% boost under these conditions.

Won't help much if you are GPU-limited, though, and some spots/graphical effects still reduce fps more than one would expect.

^ Top  
  25. CrazyLoon Prophet

CrazyLoon
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)