Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim scans

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://www.gamingeverything.com/2011/1/ ... _v-3.jpg#s

So, there were dragons and there were dragonborn who had the power of the dragons and thus were able to battle them. You are a ... dragonborn. Gasp. Why the dragons are back? According to Todd, 'tis a mystary. "How have they come back? How do we stop this? And what is the player's role as the dragonborn?" Hmm... I wonder...

Now the following is just awesome:

"Dragons are real. They fly into battle at unexpected times. They ravage towns. They wield awesome power. And you'll have to face them repeatedly in single combat."

BEST GAME EVAR!!! I hope I will wield awesome power too.

Multi-headed Cow

I want to jump off of tall tower and dragon swoops by and I jump on dragon's back and have to stab him in the back while he's flying and dragon's going help what's happening help and he crashes into the ground and I like slide off his neck and head and then jump in front of him and dragon opens his mouth like he's gonna bite me and I stab my sword behind me without even looking and it stabs the dragon in the mouth and the dragon finally dies and the king gives me a castle with a bunch of gold and stuff and tells me I can marry the princess and then I go to the castle and there are like goblins in the basement so I go god damn it goblins in my basement this is a terrible present so I kill all the goblins and then I go to the king but I don't have a dialog option to complain about the goblins because I don't have unreasonable expectations for Skyrim so I have to make do with knocking all the plates off of his tables so then when the king wants to eat he has to pick food up off the ground and sit in a chair and hold the food in one hand and pick it up and eat it with the other hand which is really a decent price to pay for someone taking care of a dragon if you really think about it I mean if I was the king and I had a dragon on the loose and it was setting fire to things I could live without dishes I mean I don't need dishes anyway Hotpockets duh don't even need paper towels you can just wipe the grease off your hands using your pants so you don't get grease on your controller because that makes the buttons all slippery which is really lame I took damage in a fight in Oblivion due to greasy buttons once my fingers were sliding off so I wasn't pressing them right so the monsters hit me which sucked I stopped playing shortly after that but I know Todd Howard can fix this in the future so I'm looking forward to Skyrim and already have my preorder in at Gamestop.

Turjan

Arcane
Crispy said:
Thanks for making another thread on this Vince.
There can never be too many TES threads. With three threads promoting the scans in this forum alone, there will be enough burning rage to keep this place warm and cozy for at least another month.

deuxhero

Arcane
They appear to have ripped off Galsiah's Character Development (minus classes), which is an improvement.

It is implied the weapon skills are "one handed" and "two handed', a decent choice.

Dual Wielding is neutral

THe rest however, is pure RAGE.

deuxhero

Arcane
It shouldn't mess anything up (bind the thing that is normally "block" to it) and it makes one handed/two handed more than an issue as if you are using a shield or not.

Multi-headed Cow

I think duel wielding is pretty cool but what about big swords like a two handed sword those are cool too which is why I think in Skyrim they should have a sword that you can split into two swords so when you're feeling epic for fighting epic monsters like epic dragons you can have a big sword because it's a big monster so you need a big sword to hit it but if you're like fighting pirates or something you want two swords because there are a lot of pirates so you want more swords you could have it like have a hole in the handle you can slide the other blade into or something and there's a button with maybe a spring so it goes SHOOM and launches up into the air and then you catch it that would be cool if you have like a hat with a really long brim so you can be looking down and catch your sword and then look up and smile and then you know the action is gonna start right there they could make it like VATS for Fallout 3 where when you hit a button to split the sword up you can get a little movie of that so you can look at the front if your character so you can see the animation and you dont have to just do that with swords you could do it with like a staff 'cause I saw a show once where there was like this asian fighting with some sticks and it was two sticks so it would be like that but for wizards but that's if you were like classing to be a wizard fighter because otherwise wizards should just have more epic spells that do legendary things like since there's dragons around it should cause a ghostly dragon to appear behind you and spit fire and stuff and it should swoosh around you but not burn you and it shouldn't hurt your horse because I ran my horse off a cliff in Oblivion once and it died and I almost quit playing then because heroes horses don't die like that that was lame.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I was under the impression they were using a different engine. I suppose that was not true after all.

Antihero

Liturgist
Multi-headed Cow said:
...why I think in Skyrim they should have a sword that you can split into two swords...
I hear you, nocaps-bro, but that sounds an awful lot like He-Man and Skeletor's sword. No wait... that would be awesomeness incarnate.

Lyric Suite said:
I was under the impression they were using a different engine. I suppose that was not true after all.
Weren't there some unfounded rumours about using id's Rage engine? Not to say they haven't refuted that already, but I'd think somebody in marketing would start squeezing that for all its worth if it were true. Edit: damn twitter, http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/12 ... e-all-new/.

Jezal_k23

The game will look at the nearby dungeons you've explored, automatically set the mission in a place you've never visited, and designate opponents that are appropriately matched to your strengths and weaknesses.

This is all that needs to be said.

Rhalle

Magister
Lyric Suite said:

Yeah. That was just bullshit that they knew people wanted to hear.

taviow said:
The game will look at the nearby dungeons you've explored, automatically set the mission in a place you've never visited, and designate opponents that are appropriately matched to your strengths and weaknesses.

Random-generated and level-scaled.....

yay......

genci88

Educated
taviow said:

Indeed. We now know it's going to be worse than Oblivion. Can we please not have any more threads on this made-for-retards game?

Twinfalls

Erudite
Yeah ok, the one feature mentioned which harks back to Daggerfall and that's your fail threshold? Fail upon fail.

No, that's not why the game will suck. It will suck because:

- Said feature will, following Bethesda's recent track record, be implented woefully.

- Skills have shrunk yet again

- player is kludged into 'teh awesum' MQ

- and so on - we know the rest.

Really, it's the sensibilities which have taken over at Bethesda which will once again disappoint anyone who loved Daggerfall and who found Morrowind a lesser game but admired its artistry.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Azrael the cat said:
Lyric Suite said:

They are. People need to stop confusing Bethesda's poor graphical design with the engine itself.

Stop using common sense on the Codex, idiot.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Azrael the cat said:
Lyric Suite said:

They are. People need to stop confusing Bethesda's poor graphical design with the engine itself.

:roll:

KalosKagathos

Learned
Any higher resolution scans? I only managed to read the introduction; it was really bad, so I think I will enjoy the rest of the article.

bhlaab

Erudite
Thank god they're getting rid of the menus of yesteryear and replacing them with the iphone's album slider (because one-item-at-a-time is good for tracking tons of rpg stats and information)

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I can't fucking read the text.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom