Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim scans

Suchy

Arcane
Rude Dude said:
What is wrong with randomly generated dungeons?
They won't surprise you with any way. Just the same elements/sections cofigured in a different way. Gets boring and repetitive very fast. Actually this is what killed Daggerfall for me.

Damn, Empire's fallen to pieces. Can't keep hold of Black Marsh, elves gaining ground, and Skyrim trying to decide whether it wants to stay or not.

Wait, does this mean we'll only hear "HALT! HALT! HALT!" or "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM" in the loyalist areas? :smug:

Flanged

Scholar
I realise these screens are just scans from a mag, but I'm detecting hints of piss-filter all over them. Everything's got a urine wash over it, or else that shitty watercolour look.

And that monster the guy's fighting is just a re-skinned, slightly altered troll from Oblivion. Even looks like it's got the same attack anim.

The humans look semi-human now though. Could be a minor incline in the general decline.

FatCat

Educated
Flanged said:
I realise these screens are just scans from a mag, but I'm detecting hints of piss-filter all over them. Everything's got a urine wash over it, or else that shitty watercolour look.

And that monster the guy's fighting is just a re-skinned, slightly altered troll from Oblivion. Even looks like it's got the same attack anim.

The humans look semi-human now though. Could be a minor incline in the general decline.

duuude , but they have almost a year till release it is not yet finished.

FatCat

Educated
Haters gonna hate

th_crazy_galsses_top_jd.jpg

Flanged

Scholar
Indeed, the haters will hate.

And the haters will be proven right, in time.

Never Forget what happened on 9/Oblivion, when the enemies of all mankind launched a massive, unexpected assault against human intelligence. The whole world declined, and many states, nations, and forums are now engaged in horrific unending popamole, where only one side gets to use sticky-cover.

Those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it.

Sad He-Man

Educated
I kinda sorta look forward to learning about the mechanics of fighting.

I loved and played the shit out of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and Arcane are now internal studio of Bethesda so maybe, just maybe, we'll receive decent open world kicking simulation.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Sad He-Man said:
I kinda sorta look forward to learning about the mechanics of fighting.

I loved and played the shit out of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and Arcane are now internal studio of Bethesda so maybe, just maybe, we'll receive decent open world kicking simulation.

This I can agree with. I have no hope of it being a good RPG in the proper sense, but if they follow through with the random quests and hopefully larger number of dungeons that should entail (they won't), tone down the scaling and make the gameworld worth exploring (they won't), and make the combat system a Dark Messiah-esque action extravaganza (they won't) instead of the sad boring thing it's been since Morrowind, the game will keep me entertained enough. I'm not that fucking hard to please with an open-world explorathon, Bethesda.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
The hiking alone will be worth 10 hours of gameplay, if not more. Add in at least 5 for wanting to see some of the outer areas, another 5 to advance the main quest.

Factor in 3 or 4 more just to see for yourself some of the shit that the Codex is complaining about and you've got yourself a full day's worth of Bethesda goodness right there.

Everyone buy it.

circ

Arcane
NEW GAME IDEA.

Installer that never stops installing, it just lists feature after feature.

REVOLUTIONARY RADIANT AI. NPC'S THAT ACT LIKE REAL PEOPLE.

EPIC MASSIVE STORY.

NEVER BEFORE SEEN GRAPHICS TECHNOLOGY.

EXTRAORDINARY SOUNDTRACK BY WORLD RENOWNED COMPOSER JEREMY SOULE.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
circ said:
NEW GAME IDEA.

Installer that never stops installing, it just lists feature after feature.

REVOLUTIONARY RADIANT AI. NPC'S THAT ACT LIKE REAL PEOPLE.

EPIC MASSIVE STORY.

NEVER BEFORE SEEN GRAPHICS TECHNOLOGY.

EXTRAORDINARY SOUNDTRACK BY WORLD RENOWNED COMPOSER JEREMY SOULE.

Fund it.

racofer

Thread Incliner
20tkp05.jpg

Replace C with G, R with A, E with M, A with E, T with B, I with R, O with Y, N with O and voilà! it's GAMEBRYO AGAIN!

So fucking obvious.

:rpgcodex:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Rohit_N said:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim/b/xbox360/archive/2011/01/17/the-technology-behind-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

Oh look. There's an article on how awesome Radiant AI is gonna be.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
With all this technology at its fingertips, surely Bethesda could put players on the back of a woolly mammoth or a fire-breathing dragon, right? When we ask, for the first time during our visit Howard clams up. “We're not talking about mounts yet,” he says coyly.

This should make DraQ happy. We're going to be able to mount dragons.

.Sigurd

Educated
Yeah, Gamebryo. At least it's not a bunch o hills. And look at the "blueness", looks like a limited field of view, maybe they will use the "broken" terrain just like Morrowind.

Markarth01.jpg

Awww fuck, Rohit_N was faster than I.

Erzherzog

Magister
.Sigurd said:
Yeah, Gamebryo. At least it's not a bunch o hills. And look at the "blueness", looks like a limited field of view, maybe they will use the "broken" terrain just like Morrowind.

Markarth01.jpg

Awww fuck, Rohit_N was faster than I.

Well, fuck me. At least some places will look beautiful in the game this time. Perhaps Skyrim is not a total lost cause.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom