Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim scans

.Sigurd

Educated
It's just me that have the feeling that they will abuse the use of invisible walls?

circ

Arcane
Erzherzog said:
Well, fuck me. At least some places will look beautiful in the game this time. Perhaps Skyrim is not a total lost cause.
Beautiful might be overdoing it. I've seen Tomb Raiders with more detail, better color choices and imaginative layout than that, and those are 1. mostly old, and 2. glorified 3d platformers.

They seem to at least know how to add more detail through higher-res models, but they seem oblivious to things like colour and the balancing of detail, and the importance of non-technical visual design

In other words, it will look grossly outdated in a couple of years.

Nael

Arcane
denizsi said:
It looks grossly outdated NOW.

2.1279118406.beautiful-vista.jpg

GROSSLY OUTDATED NOW

Arcanoix

Scholar
More...dragons....and castles.....and redundant shit that I've done for over 10 years. WHERE IS THE A MATERIAL!? FF..FFFFfff.Fffffff.ffff..fFFFUUUUUUUUUUU----

RADIANT STORY.

:yikes:

EDIT : I can see it now, after battling the great evils of Skyrim and as I ascend to the final chamber where the grand finale takes place..... From the floor comes forth the antagonist of the whole conflict, the whole plot throughout this Elder Scroll.... The mighty Mudcrab. He'll be giant. He'll be an enemy. And he will have a weakpoint that you can attack for massive damage.

denizsi

Arcane
Nael said:
denizsi said:

GROSSLY OUTDATED NOW

?

Is that supposed to mean something? Is this your attempt at making some weird point and failing at it miserably? Or have we just started posting random imagery now?

I hope that doesn't mean you think Skyrim looks good.

In the mean time, let's see if anyone can recognise this:

2qbfb6s.jpg

FatCat

Educated
denizsi said:
Nael said:
denizsi said:

GROSSLY OUTDATED NOW

?

Is that supposed to mean something? Is this your attempt at making some weird point and failing at it miserably? Or have we just started posting random imagery now?

2qbfb6s.jpg

The heck polaks have to do with this ? :?

this is Iwan Szyszkin tinyeye ftw

Lingwe

Liturgist
Some open world games go overboard with these side activities and stray too far from the main storyline. Bethesda is aware of this pitfall and is actively engaged in preventing the feeling of being overwhelmed by the Radiant Story missions.

Stupid. One of the best things about Morrowind was the fact that you would constantly have a quest you could do. Travel to one town to complete a quest for one guild and you could pick up several more quests there. Then when you went to complete a quest in another town you would pick up more there. Then you would eventually get a quest to send you back to the original town, except you would want to head off into the wilderness to complete one of the other quests and find a new town to cure yourself of disease and get another quest which sent you back to one of the other towns.

Oblivion had none of that since the quest marker would tell you where to go immediately for that quest.

Obsidian got it right in Fallout New Vegas due to the shear number of quests it offered. Now they want to remove it again. What is up with Bethesda and deliberately making their games less engaging.

Project: Eternity
The graphics look perfectly serviceable, if it means I can put off buying a new PC for another good while I'm all for it. If this has good GAMEPLAY I won't mind the graphics one bit, but of course that's the big fat fucking question mark about this entire thing.

Twinkle

Liturgist
denizsi said:
Screens look like Oblivion ie. utter shit. FFS, Crysis came out 4 years ago.

Multiplatform *shrugs* Though, Just Cause 2 is multiplat too and judging by the screenshots beats the shit out of the Nord Rimjob in terms of graphics. I'd bet that Skyrim's framerate will be way worse, too.

Nael

Arcane
denizsi said:
Nael said:
denizsi said:

GROSSLY OUTDATED NOW

?

2qbfb6s.jpg

If the context of my all caps mocking statement in juxtaposition with a nature picture went over your head, that's not my goddamn problem is it?

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
.Sigurd said:
Yeah, Gamebryo. At least it's not a bunch o hills. And look at the "blueness", looks like a limited field of view, maybe they will use the "broken" terrain just like Morrowind.

Markarth01.jpg

Awww fuck, Rohit_N was faster than I.

Looks like shit. Im tired of developers trying to pimp up their mediocore graphics by overdoing the whole bumb/parallax mapping thing. YES YOUR TEXTURES HAVE WAY MORE DEPTH THAN ANYTHING IN REAL LIFE. WE GET IT ALREADY.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
.Sigurd said:
Yeah, Gamebryo. At least it's not a bunch o hills. And look at the "blueness", looks like a limited field of view, maybe they will use the "broken" terrain just like Morrowind.

Markarth01.jpg

TalesfromtheCrypt said:
.Sigurd said:

Markarth01.jpg

TalesfromtheCrypt said:
.Sigurd said:

Markarth01.jpg

TalesfromtheCrypt said:
.Sigurd said:

Markarth01.jpg

TalesfromtheCrypt said:
.Sigurd said:

Markarth01.jpg

TalesfromtheCrypt said:
.Sigurd said:

Markarth01.jpg

Nael

Arcane
denizsi said:
If it's not, why bother with that reply at all? Gotcha!

Because i'm on Week 2 of quitting cigarettes and i'm :x

That's why i've been posting so much lately. The butthurt rages within me like a terrible fire.

denizsi

Arcane
Cold laser therapy. It does wonders. Hopefully, it won't cause latent cancers either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom