Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim VR is out

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
42 Hours in ‘Skyrim VR’ – The Latest World Record Attempt for Longest VR Marathon
By Scott Hayden - Apr 21, 2018

Some respite was allowed however; every successfully completed hour meant Hauber accrued a ten-minute break, which he was able to store up for bathroom breaks, food, etc.
Wait one second. For every hour he got a 10 minute break, which he could accrue. So after 12 hours, you have two hours to use. After 24 hours, you have 4 hours. 42 hours, you have 7 hours. off?

I'll bet SOMEONE here could play FO:NV in VR mode for greater than 42 hours. I mean, it takes longer than that just to get to Vegas. Play for 24 hours, sleep for 3, use the remaining hour for bathroom, food, whatever. Someone could make 48 hours, easy.

If they port F:NV over to VR, I will gladly do this one weekend. Although I can’t promise not to take performance enhancers to stay awake after the first 24 hours. But every time I consume a stimulant (prescribed of course!), my character will pop some mentats to maintain immersion.

Luzur

Good Sir
42 Hours in ‘Skyrim VR’ – The Latest World Record Attempt for Longest VR Marathon

Some respite was allowed however; every successfully completed hour meant Hauber accrued a ten-minute break, which he was able to store up for bathroom breaks, food, etc.
Wait one second. For every hour he got a 10 minute break, which he could accrue. So after 12 hours, you have two hours to use. After 24 hours, you have 4 hours. 42 hours, you have 7 hours. off?

I'll bet SOMEONE here could play FO:NV in VR mode for greater than 42 hours. I mean, it takes longer than that just to get to Vegas. Play for 24 hours, sleep for 3, use the remaining hour for bathroom, food, whatever. Someone could make 48 hours, easy.

If they port F:NV over to VR, I will gladly do this one weekend. Although I can’t promise not to take performance enhancers to stay awake after the first 24 hours. But every time I consume a stimulant (prescribed of course!), my character will pop some mentats to maintain immersion.

Why not just mold a huge bag of those in the oven and make it into a buttplug shape, then sit on it while playing? that way you can just game away without any worry

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Why not just mold a huge bag of those in the oven and make it into a buttplug shape, then sit on it while playing? that way you can just game away without any worry

I had a friend in college who would always insist that drugs should be taken rectally because apparently it’s more efficient and faster acting than any other method short of needles. Needless to say, no one ever took him up on it, at least not that I know of. I believe it’s called plugging.

Anyway, can’t do this with a 48 hour VR binge because it would interfere with the ass catheter that will allow me to keep playing without going to the bathroom.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut

You could play FO:NV in VR mode even a few years ago. I remember setting it up for the original Oculus DK2 to play FO:NV without any additional software (if I can find the How-to, I'll link it here.) Since then, I've upgraded to the Occulus Rift with VorpX which makes it a lot easier to set up FO:NV and configure controller bindings.

Most FPS games can be played with VR, and while I've played Skyrim in this manner (and trust me, sneaking up to some beaten up outpost full of enemies is actually quite interesting) I still can't play Skyrim for more than 15 minutes at a crack. However, FO:NV has me thinking.

Perkel

Arcane

F:NV is playable already in Vr thanks to VorpX software (30$). It is not perfect implementation and you target with head movement instead of controlers but it is one of best games on VR imo. Outside of VR it is damn fucking good game while in VR it is that much more awesome.

Perkel

Arcane
Well time to necro thread.

:necro:

Requiem 5.0 released just a while ago bringing support for Skyrim SE and it seems that you can actually use it in VR which is pretty wild. One of reddit users found out how you can install it on Skyrim VR.

Hi, I have seen some post about requiem in VR and most people said it is not possible to get it work for them. I think those people had problem with reqtificator.

First Install Skyrim Engine fixes, Requiem and Requiem Patches just like in SSE with your mod manager. And then you have to run Reqtificator.

Reqtificator is working with mod esps which are in SkyrimVR/data folder, but it is checking which esps are active or not throught file plugins.txt located in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition.

But you are modding SkyrimVR and your plugins.txt is located in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SkyrimVR and so reqtificator is looking for plugins.txt in Skyrim Special Edition Folder and throw error because it doesnt find anything or find plugins.txt from Special Edition.

You have to copy plugins.txt from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SkyrimVR, and paste in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition (backup plugins.txt here if you have modded SSE) and then run reqtificator.bat located in SyrimVR/data untie "merge levelled characters" and then click on patch

To get into C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ just type this %localappdata% into windows browser.
After reqtificator is complete just activate Requiem For Indiferrent and launch throught SKSE.
In requiem MCM be sure to enable "Death handling vanilla style" to prevent Infinite black screen after you die.
Sorry if I wrote it weirdly but English is my second language.

And since Requiem overhaul works on Skyrim VR there have been some developments on VR side of Skyrim that makes it much better:

HIGGS:

HIGGS 1.4 physics update:

HIGGS 1.6 double handling update:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom