Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sleeping Dogs

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sleeping Dogs 101 trailer.

Uhhh... holy cow? Is this a real GTA competitor there? (Answer: Probably no due to gay chinks)

Also, who needs Next-Gen consoles? Unless of course they showed actual PC footage... :obviously:
I don't give a shit about GTA. It's just not my thing, I'm fed up with the US of A setting and the sequels which doesn't offer anything new. But I'm all over this game. Hong Kong + martial arts + John Woo feeling. Count me in.

It won't keep up with GTA in terms of success, because ...you know... GTA is an overhyped POS :M and everbody is jerking off if they mention the name. But I will buy this game if the devs don't screw it up.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I don't usualy like open world games and/or GTA clones but a GTA clone with martial arts and Jon Woo film style thrown in?That sounds intersting

Also this video is nice too

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well I missed out every similar game in this gen, so I wasn't fed with this. :D I like this!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
This also happens to come out around the same time as Dark Souls PC.

I got to make a decision here.
It will be easier to decide for you if they make a shitty port of DS. I really hope that they won't, but there is s chance that they fuck up.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I don't get it? Am I supposed to be surprised by very tiny corridors fitting into 512 MBs of RAM+VRAM and an average console graphics?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
I don't get it? Am I supposed to be surprised by very tiny corridors fitting into 512 MBs of RAM+VRAM and an average console graphics?
Yes. You should bow down to the superiority of the consoles.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Really reminds me of true crime.
Funny thing because it is a rebranded True Crime game. Was developed as True Crime Hong Kong and then Activision canned it, Square Enix bought it and renamed it. They claim to have polished it but we know how that goes with them.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Also large spaces, tons of people walking around. I can't remember a PC era game with 256MB RAM and 256MB VRAM that could render something beautiful as that.

But let's not get into this shit again. Just surprised how far good optimization can carry a game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Also large spaces, tons of people walking around. I can't remember a PC era game with 256MB RAM and 256MB VRAM that could render something beautiful as that.

But let's not get into this shit again. Just surprised how far good optimization can carry a game.
Especially after GTA4 brought even a monster PC onto its knees. Good to know that there are still people who can code for a PC.

They claim to have polished it but we know how that goes with them.

They are just publishers, not the devs.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Especially after GTA4 brought even a monster PC onto its knees. Good to know that there are still people who can code for a PC.

They claim to have polished it but we know how that goes with them.

They are just publishers, not the devs.

Untrue! SE London is co-developer.

Destroid

Arcane

When PC had memory specs like that they were using much shittier GPUs with less advanced shit filters to cover the muddy textures.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

When PC had memory specs like that they were using much shittier GPUs with less advanced shit filters to cover the muddy textures.

Stop making up shit. Do you really need to be reminded how ugly those PC games (and textures) back then were?

Graphics do look like average console game.. Not that I give that much of a shit about them. But I'm willing to bet physics and detail level in general will be lower than in GTA4.
Not exactly convinced this will be fun yet, it's one thing to show off a sandbox game in a fun way with few videos, it's another to actually make it not boring for a long time. I guess we'll see.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Also large spaces, tons of people walking around.

For our consoletard Morgoth "large spaces" mean 5m wide (in the best case) corridors with zero detail and tons of people mean "10 bots at once".

It's funny how rendering so little is such a huge achievement for consoles :lol:

I can't remember a PC era game with 256MB RAM and 256MB VRAM that could render something beautiful as that.

...Beautiful?

Also Hitman Blood Money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom