Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Ha, waiting for the patch. Which is probably Tiwsdaeg or Wodnesdaeg.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, should be noted that ever since I started playing LoL a month ago I did not buy another game during that time. I usually spend about 100 euros on games each month, so Ive been saving money this month, but theres still lots of games that I bought but not played yet. I heaven't been this hooked on a game since......Vietcong. And that was in 2004, and I played VC for more than 2 years.

But, lets talk about a little game called Heroes of Newerth.
So yesterday I booted up LoL US and I got "server busy" and couldnt play, so I tried EU client and it was slow as hell, took it like 5 minutes just to log me in. So I booted up HoN and played a few "no stats" games.
My impressions are not all that great, its not all different from beta and its still newb-unfriendly.
Biggest problem for me is IMO that the game lacks feedback and its not at all that intuitive. The interface is confusing, the shop menu is like a minigame itself with confusing icons, like press item recipe in reccomended tab, it switches to another tab, and the items you looked for last are in another tab. Its just fucking stupid and annoying. Mousing over for info is half the game. Where are the range indicators, the ability timers and shit, in my last game I got stunned, then I got stunned again and then I got stunned again and then I died.
No info whatsoever on who stunned me and how long is the stun.

I might give the game another shot but it fells like Im spending time fighting the interface and figuring things out then actually playing the game.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Played a bit with Soraka today, interesting healer but also squishy.Gonna try her a bit more, would be interesting to go AP only, but she would die in two hits. Dont know.

Played one with Veigar, lost the game but its the first time I had positive k/d ratio with him.

Anybody noticed that Riot took over EU servers? More downtime baby!!

BirdsCanFly

Educated
o77pmp.jpg

I've been playing some Amumu lately and I must say that it's a lot of fun. People don't seem to notice how much damage he really does with his W ability.

Padre

Liturgist
Markman if you need range indicators, timers and all that shit you better stick to LoL.

HoN is for the elite :P Not unfriendly, LoL is just a casual game with no competition. If you want you can PM me ingame for some quick tips and the like. Ingame name is shynshyl

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Yo Padre, its not about what game is competitive or more leet, its about S2 being lazy fucks about user interface.
I had no problem getting into Demigod, LoL, I even got a good hang of Savage2 after 2 games. Things like range indicators are standard in almost any TBS or RTS. Even Blitzkrieg from 2001 had range indicators(crtl+R), DoW2 got them, Red Alert3 got them. Theres no excuse for this stupidity.

How about that shop interface, here's an example from LoL, I face a magic heavy opponent, lets say Ryze:
-I click on the shop
-Click magic
-Click resistance
-I buy my fucking item
Done in 10 sec tops, I knew what I was doing in my second game.

In HoN theres bunch of icons I need to mouse over, then pick my category and mouse over again and read what all this means and hope that I picked the right item.

Im not saying that the game is shit, but it feels like I need to play 40-50 games just to get into it through trial and error. Thats just bad fucking design.

Padre

Liturgist
As HoN has items ported directly from dota there are 3 major magic resistance items in the game. They all fall under the category protective ( icon of a shield, second row of the shop ) and are Shrunken head (magic immunity, for a few seconds on a cooldown), shamans' headdress (resistance), Barrier idol (upped headdress, castable aoe magic absorb for the whole team)

As for range indicators and the like, S2 stated there won't be any. There are mods that do this but it's considered cheating by many. It just requires more skill to pull off a perfect combo with Pyro, Soulstealer or a perfect Valk arrow.

Never played dota, got a beta key from this forum and I'm hooked since then. Took around 200 games to become mediocre. Took around 500 to become ok. Now I'm around 1000 games and I'm not that bad, especially with support characters like Dshammy, Slither, Reaper, Accursed or with pushers like Defiler Polly and Engi.

It's not bad game design, game has a steep learning curve and is a lot faster than LoL. Requires more thinking too during the picks. When I played LoL, everybody chose whatever they felt like it, some even left if you picked the hero they wanted to play :evil:

In HoN you sometimes know you just lost because of the picks.And I consider that a good thing. :wink:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Padre I added you in-game let's go a 1v1 random same hero and compare honors.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Good game padre

In HoN theres bunch of icons I need to mouse over, then pick my category and mouse over again and read what all this means and hope that I picked the right item.
hotkeys?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Well, lets just leave it here that its confusing. In my games I just clicked the recommended tab and bought something. The rest took too much time that I dont have. I might make a thread on HoN forums for some help when I got the urge to play it again.

Cenote, I see you like Sunfire caps, look at this
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/sh ... p?t=121989
They even won the game,lol.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Markman said:
Well, lets just leave it here that its confusing. In my games I just clicked the recommended tab and bought something. The rest took too much time that I dont have. I might make a thread on HoN forums for some help when I got the urge to play it again.

Cenote, I see you like Sunfire caps, look at this
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/sh ... p?t=121989
They even won the game,lol.

That motherfucking Shen. I guess he really is the best tank ig :lol:
Also, patch day, and I'm thinking it's Malzahar's day, so Sovard, get your ass in here!

Edit: holy shit this just gets better and better, an ezreal with fucking last whisper and zerk' greaves on (the OP, I believe).

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Nah, it's hotfix day. Patch day will be next week.

And oh what a week it shall be. Finally a main to play, oh hoho.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Damn, just had one of the most fun games ever in LoL. I got grouped with Annie and Heimer so I was thinking I need something tanky to complement the team and I was like fuck it, lets go with Malphite. My first game with him. Our opposition was..get this..Jax, Yi and Tryndamere.

Game was on from the get go, we got 2-1 in kills before minions spawned.
And then Jesus, no Phantom Dancers or Maladies could save them from unstoppable force...BOOM+Ground slam=bye bye boys. The game was very tight, they got one of our inhibs when they aced us, but we got them in counterattack and aced them by thier Nexus. Finished the game with 13/8/14.

Was thinking after the game, if I picked any other champion we would lose it. Malphite turned out to be perfect counter to these boys, hell, even Jax was running away from the fight,lol.

BirdsCanFly

Educated
Haha, in my last game with Malph I had 81% physical damage reduction because I had nearly 500 Armor... we still lost tho. :(

Wulfstand

Prophet
Bought Shen, and man, is he fun to play. Just get as much hp as you can, and you're ready to roll.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
I find the new dude a bit cheap, he's got good range on that silence wall, even the autoattack range is huge. But whatever, they'll nerf him in the next patch surely.

Im on a losing streak, I think I lost last 10 games, could be more.
My 100th game on EU was also a loss, im now 52W-48L, had 52-43 before the rape began. Im getting my butt stomped on US also, I need IP to get Panth to farm more IP but its going a bit slow without any victories,lol.

My last game was on TTL, I played as Malph with 2 idiots that were farming on top lane with me left defending our bottom inhib and nexus. Opposing team killed me, got the tower, inhib and finally our nexus whiile my 2 teammates were still farming top lane. I didnt know if I should laugh or cry. Not to mention 1 of them went afk for 15 minutes and came back for the last 5 minutes.
Matchmaking FTW baby!!!

Wulfstand

Prophet
Hoaxmetal said:
Playing on Europe, add Hoaxmetal to your rape list.

C'mon over to the us. Most of us are from europe, but that doesn't stop us form playing.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Added you both.

Tonight 2 wins and 2 losses. Not to bad after my 15 game losing streak. Goooooo Malphite!!

Wulfstand

Prophet
Hahaha, full tank group with stacked-up sunfire capes :lol:
Too bad the fuckers kept ffr-ing me, the bastards. Anyways, good game guys, good game.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Well, shout out to the guy that had Malady on Alistar in my last game. :D

Still rolling with Malphite while he's free, he rocks on Twisted Treeline. You can ulti through walls and shit, a really nice suprise followed by ground slam is loved by the opposing team. Only had one "hard" game with him and that was when Janna was on the other team. Damn, that bitch is annoying, shield,swirl, ulti...cant get close. Even blocked Malphites ultimate twice. I wanted to jump on the plane, fly to France and kick that bitch in the eye. :)
But won that game too.

Played 2 games with Nasus to see what the fuss is about on SR. I bet he's better on TTL too. Cause tanks are shit without support, and TTL is all about team fights and ganking. I got my but whooped in those 2 games, in the second one I think I got over 20 deaths. We played against a fed team that didnt push for 45 minutes or so, till our Panth ultied and got 2 of their inhibs. They had Panth too, but he just ganked, didnt see him close to a tower. Then they rushed and in like 3rd attack they got our Nexus in 56th minute. Annoying shit with homeboyz that are concerned about their kill count instead of getting the Nexus. Waste my fucking time.

New patch incoming so US in down but EU is still online.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom