Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
Shen is op

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Shen is just annoying, just ignore him and focus on squishies. His taunt is a bitch, but just silence the sucker. Garen will eat him for breakfast with silence+ultimate.

Won 1 game on EU and 2 on US with Nasus on Twisted treeline. Turns out I was right. He's way better on 3v3. Had Olaf in my team last game, dude was jungling for more than half the game, lol.
A Warwick v2?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Who's your daddy?
Malphite is. :D

Out of last 10 games with him i've lost 2. He is amazing on TTL. With a good damage dealer by side he's unstoppable.
My EU rockage :)
malphrules.jpg

Played on US 3 games today, all sadly losses, now i'm 30-30 overthere.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
bought Yi and now im stomping everyone.

sad mummy is also pretty awesome.

server down tonight QQ

Wulfstand

Prophet
I'm afk for another 2weeks and 2 days, since I'm over at my farm, with my shitty leptop and (surprisingly) even shittier wireless connection, so yeah...

Never did like TTL, it's too much of a cookie cutter, where it requires you to play a specific type of tank/carry (supports aren't too usefull here), and where its all left waaay too much on chance&luck, since the game wont let you fucking see what the other team picked as champs only untill you finish the picking phase...

Also, I never did enjoy Malphite too much, but he is a pretty great tank/dps, and a even greater innitiator. Before moving in to my farm, I played some Taric for a while, and boy is he fun.

Then again, that's pretty much my biggest problem with LoL: they just can't really make some fun carries.(well that and the obvious main target of the game being kids, a fact which the game constantly remminds you. Actually I could rage here so fucking much that it wouldn't be even funny, what with their 'Hey, we just released a ninja champion, so of course we'll make a pirate next, or a void hero') I'm talking about Faceless Void,Kunkka,Nevermore (oh boy would that hero be this game's elitists' wet dream),etc. All you have here are either stealth carries (which I admit, are pretty fun), or 'i pwn j00 r3al fast, nub' carries, which have mostly auto-attack like skills.

I'm thinking on buying HoN when I come back to my appartment, play both and see which one is better, since I kinda miss the old dota feeling which HoN seems to have (since it's almost an exact fucking copy).

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Heh, i now cringe when I see a Pantheon in my game.
Motherfuckers, why cant you play him as good as I can? Should be some kind of useful when you're level 20 or so to know how to play the fucker. I still heavn't seen somebody time and land a better ulti then me or even have a better build. Every game I played with Panth in my team was a loss. Even that one in the picture above.

And I've seen alot of people doing the standard builds on various champs. When playing against Ryze and Annie and you dont get Merc treads theres something wrong with you. Lots of games were lost cause people did standard builds and failed to adapt.

About TTL, is all about "in yo face" pwnage, better focused team wins. I dont think its chance and luck, you still need some skillz, on SR imo there's way to much cc-ing and disabling. Throw an AoE or two and its a party. Lane against good Cho and Ashe and you'll soon throwing your monitor through the window.

On TTL right now I am at advantage with Malphite cause alot of people heaven't played him or against him before and dont know what the fuck to do when they roll against me. Of the most played champions Malph is 3rd from the bottom. Nobody plays him. Out of my 130 or so games on EU I've played once against him.

I played Taric several games too, I cant get into him. My timing with him sucked real bad.

And HoN, well I still didnt played it since my last rage post overhere, if you played dota then you'll surely fit in, I found it easily put...confusing. :)

Padre

Liturgist
Resistance is futile Wulfstand, you will join us :incline:

They just ported Rexxar and from what I've heard Kunkka is next.

Carries in HoN got indirectly nerfed when S2 patched the game so you cannot stack orb effects (slows, lifesteal, -armor from deso) but Nevermore being THE BEST mid hero in the right hands, he just takes over games with his god damn nukes and ultimate.

I think that's the problem with LoL. Nevermore, if perfectly placed can literally wipe your whole team with some assistance. In LoL there are no such skills I think.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Padre said:
Resistance is futile Wulfstand, you will join us :incline:

They just ported Rexxar and from what I've heard Kunkka is next.

Carries in HoN got indirectly nerfed when S2 patched the game so you cannot stack orb effects (slows, lifesteal, -armor from deso) but Nevermore being THE BEST mid hero in the right hands, he just takes over games with his god damn nukes and ultimate.

I think that's the problem with LoL. Nevermore, if perfectly placed can literally wipe your whole team with some assistance. In LoL there are no such skills I think.

When i used to play dota, I generally would play carries, since I was pretty good with them, but now, since I generally dislike most of the carries of the game (except a few ap/int ones), I generally played support/tanks (such as Shen, Taric and that horned draenei chick, whatshername).

As for the wipe-out-the-whole-team types of carries, yes, LoL has a few, but those are so more because of the fact that they're fucking easy and even moreso broken (Katarina,Jax, even sometimes Yi) than because of the fact that they require a strong build and loads of skill. (Nevermore what with his first skill requiring alot of practice to even hit something and such)

Right now, Kassadin has the most potential of becoming a fucking God late game, only it's just that he's so dependant on a few early kills to get his game on, and that, untill he gets his ult at lvl 6, he's almost useless, that he needs some more buffs. Making his autoattack ranged would be a start.

As for HoN, I'll mostly be playing some supports such as Electrician (remember having loads of fun with him in the beta), Magmus, Demented Shaman, etc., at least untill I get used to the general farming system.

BirdsCanFly said:
Just had my 2nd Quadrakill as Anivia. Went 14-5-idk in the end. :)
Yeah she's one of the few actually good carries, one of those ap ones that I've mentioned above.

Also, yesterday I went over LoL's site, and saw an announcement regarding this sort of expansion, I guess, called Season 1. They said it was mostly related to the competitive side of the game... Look, I've watched a few Honcast streams, those are competitive, watching Phreak's stream, in which he commentates one of the tournament players' stream is NOT competitive... you couldn't even see what levels the enemy teams' champs were, not to mention item builds and such. The game doesn't even have a replay recording option, not to mention a spectators option, and that's only because Riot is mostly interested in adding pirates and ninjas and giving them 2 red/yellow skins, so that they can milk a few bucks real fast, the lazy fucks...

(PS sorry for my eventual bad grammar/spelling, am a bit tired m'self right now).

Padre

Liturgist
Also, yesterday I went over LoL's site, and saw an announcement regarding this sort of expansion, I guess, called Season 1. They said it was mostly related to the competitive side of the game... Look, I've watched a few Honcast streams, those are competitive, watching Phreak's stream, in which he commentates one of the tournament players' stream is NOT competitive... you couldn't even see what levels the enemy teams' champs were, not to mention item builds and such. The game doesn't even have a replay recording option, not to mention a spectators option, and that's only because Riot is mostly interested in adding pirates and ninjas and giving them 2 red/yellow skins, so that they can milk a few bucks real fast, the lazy fucks...

Then you have seen the light :thumbsup:

I just love watching honcast vods especially since carry farmfest era is over and now its all about pushing and ganking.

S2 just released new patch which includes tournament mode which prevents any mods from being used. As for long term play they will be certifying mods so that only those they deem worthy can be installed. Personally I don't give a fuck and only use BardUI but I have heard there are some really lame mods out, like tower range indicator, last hit assist and even range indicator for nevermore's nuke.

And about competetive, Dreamhack starts today. Honcast crew is already there and they are streaming now.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Padre said:
And about competetive, Dreamhack starts today. Honcast crew is already there and they are streaming now.

Too bad my shitty ass connection atm can barely digest youtube videos, not to mention 40-50 minutes ones.
:rage: :rage: :rage:

Awell, guess I'll have to wait another 2 more weeks. Btw, do they have a livestream account or something? I only know of their site, havent seena any of their streaming sites.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
Destroid said:
It's gonna take a long time to buy hero's without paying dollars.

I like Dr Mungo and Ashe.

whats your user Destroid, I got same timezone as you

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Played Udyr for 3 games, and damn is he confusing. What do I get him, should I go AP or armor, or just get a BF sword? What is his role? Stun around in groupfights and stomp with R? Is his Q all that useful?

Destroid

Arcane
hoodoo said:
Destroid said:
It's gonna take a long time to buy hero's without paying dollars.

I like Dr Mungo and Ashe.

whats your user Destroid, I got same timezone as you

RPGDestroid, but I don't think I'll be playing anytime soon. Game is a real time waster.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Yeah, it'd be like getting bored of playing the same map over and over again, while playing chess. It's the variation of opponents that make things interesting. The map is just a small part of the rules (And I'm still not completely familiar with DotA's map after all these years, there's a shitton of little hidey holes pros use to pull off some amazing shit.)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I don't get it. This is the most popamole ez-mode game of all DotA games yet it's the one that has most Codexers playing it? What a retardo world we live in.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
Zed said:
I don't get it. This is the most popamole ez-mode game of all DotA games yet it's the one that has most Codexers playing it? What a retardo world we live in.

lolno

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom