Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Yeah, I think I'm finally over this game. I've spent more time and money on it than I'd like to admit, but the addiction is growing stale. Funny that the first season I get to Gold also looks to be my last.

It's not necessarily that I think the game has turned to shit, even if I disagree with Rito on a number of things, I just don't have fun with the game anymore and what's the point then? Pretty much all the people I used to play with have long ago quit and games like these aren't as fun solo without shitslinging over voice chat. On the flipside, getting gangbanged in dynamic queue by coordinated premades who do use voice chat gets old too. I probably should have quit two years ago, but addictions are hard to kick. Most likely, I'll be back for a fix, but at the very least I won't touch the game again this summer. GGWP.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Pretty much all the people I used to play with have long ago quit and games like these aren't as fun solo without shitslinging over voice chat.

Game really is way way more fun with friends. I wish we had Dynamic queue back when I had some that actually played regularly, often times we wanted to play together but didn't have enough people to go for ranked 5's. When we did get a full team it was usually incredibly fun.

Jozoz

Prophet
Yeah most of my friends quit too, but tbh none of my friends were even close to my elo so idk.

bloodlover

Arcane
Wtf?
Splyce came in second in EU but they don't even make 3rd spot for worlds for sure because of points?
Wtf is this shit with championship points?

Last edited:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
They came in second in summer split but they didn't even compete in the spring split. Worlds qualification takes the whole season into account.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
The riftherald article sources the polygon interview which sources the riftherald article. Not to say that the number is not legit, but it's pretty bad form.
Also, I wonder what the number would be without smurfs.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Well, it's a number confirmed by Rioters on that same thread, including one of their data analysts. He conceded the number includes smurfs, but said they weeded out bots as much as could:

RiotKaramjaRum 180 points 9 hours ago

Can confirm that the figure is not de-smurfed, though we do have internal estimates of what proportion is smurfs. The number is de-botted to the best of our ability though.

Source: I'm the guy that has to vet the numbers every month.

Still a pretty impressive figure all in all. Conquering chinese market pays dividends.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
4qDF8bP.png

ITZ coming

EU 0 - 3 so far, woo!

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
RIP everyone's pick 'ems.
Sucks that the games are on so late, didn't get to see anything except G2 shitting the bed.
Would be amazing if a wildcard actually got out of groups this year.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
fuck yeah! #jesuisHUEHUEHUE
Them bastards played really good.

And Europe failed as expected. Probably there was another 4 week vacation for the G2 squad. Fuckers.
Now only thing left is C9 beating SKT and memecrowd will go insane.

Mazisky

Magister
2 months ago i managed to hit diamond for the first time by only using Swain top.

I'm a bad player, so definitely is the champ pretty strong, after nerfs nobody bans or even bother him anymore, so i suggest to play him

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
goes like so:
S2 things happen and no one cares. 4 years later, people pretend to be as good as toyz on ori.
S3 EU makes semis and NA shits the bed, Shock and horror, korea wins.
S4 NA makes quarters and EU shits the bed, Shock and horror, korea wins again.
S5 EU makes semis and NA shits the bed. Shock and horror, korea wins again for real for this time
S6 This is totally the year that western teams willl win and not suck and definitely not just another year that NA makes quarters and EU shits the bed with a KOO vs SKT final.

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is getting painful to watch. Or you know, check the results in the morning. A wildcard team has better chances of getting through to the bracket stage than the first seed team from EU LCS.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Its pretty awesome that not a single team had 3-0 results, makes things more interesting. So anyone can get through but I doubt any of the EU teams will qualify.
Highlight of the last day was Huhi from CLG rekkin ROX(top seed from Korea) singlehandedly.
Dat lv1 gank and instagib on poor Pray was gold.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Its pretty awesome that not a single team had 3-0 results, makes things more interesting. So anyone can get through but I doubt any of the EU teams will qualify.
Highlight of the last day was Huhi from CLG rekkin ROX(top seed from Korea) singlehandedly.
Dat lv1 gank and instagib on poor Pray was gold.

0-3 results from Europe, tho... LUL

This was a good week to be a brazilian CLG fan

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/client/client-features/road-pre-season-replays-horizon
Road to Pre-Season: Replays on the Horizon
7drHiqr.gif

Only took them... 5 years? 8 years? 10 years? Something like that.

Solo que coming back too, for anyone who's interested: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/ne...iot-pls-ranked-pls-2017-season-ranked-changes

And in other news:
HOlqpN2.jpg
:russiastronk::russiastronk::russiastronk:

And G2 are the perfect assholes, losing all the games except the one that everyone wants them to lose.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Just found out randomly googling that you can login into privacy.riotgames.com and see how much money you spent on a game.
There's some more detailed info, including chat logs etc but they want 5 bucks for it.
My share for skinz and gigglez = 590 euro.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Money Spent
No transaction history could be found.
:smug:
Game Mode Wins Champion Kills Champion Assists Turrets Killed Minion Kills Neutral Monster Kills
Ranked Solo/Duo 0 6 8 0 177 5
Normal 3v3 0 0 0 0 0 0
ARAM 1107 17760 43795 921 0 0
Ranked 3v3 0 0 0 0 0 0
Ranked Flex 0 0 0 0 0 0
Normal 5v5 199 1796 3367 319 44525 807
Co-op vs AI 656 6356 8120 1034 61949 5050
Total 1962 25918 55290 2274 106651 5862
I almost forgot I used to play so much vs AI to try out all the champions and get easy first-wins.
Wish it had all the game mode stats. This clearly doesn't include all the different normal 5v5 like blind and teambuilder and so on, since I'm fairly certain I had ~300 wins for those last I checked. And I would like to see how much time I spent on the various URFs. Think it's a lot.
Also, it looks like I've accidentally been playing ranked when I'm drunk and want to play normals. Oops.

Thanks for the info though, interesting stuff.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
b9ac40ccb5a75b4af6695baf1ac09994.png

700 rub - that's to transfer back to EU-west from that horrid place.

uaciaut

Augur
Anyone happen to have a lot of IP on their hands by any chance? :>

edit: i am on euw as uaciaut if anyone does have some extra IP laying around >.>

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom