Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crysis Remastered

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
https://www.crysis.com

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/crysis-remastered/home

ViF8FEZ.jpg

They must be out of ideas and money, because there's no other reason to re-release a game that still looks and plays well (even compared to modern AAA titles).

The events of Crysis 1 begin on August 7, 2020. So it might be released this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
In before Remastered version actually has less physics. Though if they do manage to keep everything that was cool in original while also giving it better CPU optimisation and some better AA, that would be fine.

Silly Germans

The best engine is pointless if they make everything shiny and bloomy. I hate that shit. Crysis 1 is the
best looking of the bunch except for models and animations since they went for a fairly realistic look.

The best engine is pointless if they make everything shiny and bloomy. I hate that shit. Crysis 1 is the
best looking of the bunch except for models and animations since they went for a fairly realistic look.

Yeah if they go for shiny stylized looks like in sequels instead of photorealistic style that original has it's gonna be an instant failure. And that screenshot does make it look so.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
"Hunt" is supposedly good, and Warhorse are using their engine for KCD 2.

Hunt: Showdown is the best game Crytek has made, one of my favorite games, and one of the best multiplayer games ever made. Very happy to hear KCD 2 will be using the engine.

Every time I play Hunt, I think to myself how amazing and cool it would be if Crytek made a single player FPS/RPG like STALKER in the same setting (dark, demonic Louisiana in 1895). The whole monster/bounty hunter angle lends itself perfectly to that.

If a Crysis remaster could somehow lead to that, I'm alright with it.

Silly Germans

I wouldn't mind a proper Crysis 4, where they include large free roam parts from Crysis 1
and the close quarter sections from 2 and 3. A mix of such missions would be great. I
replayed the series recently and the more intuitive movement from parts 2 and 3 would
work great with the larger open world mission of part 1. The environments of part 3
were really well made and gorgeous, but sadly the missions were all linear and never opened up.
They have all the parts and showed that they can do these things with Crysis 1-3 but never combined
them to make the best out of it.

The only thing that is crap in all parts of the series is the difficulty. The invisibilty of the suit trivializes
the game on any difficulty setting. They should remove it or make it a lot less powerful if they want the game to be
challenging at all. Go invisible kill an enemy, rinse and repeat works in each iteration and does not
make for good gameplay.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Crysis 1 is still the best of the series, althougth I also like 2's campgain and some small improvements they've made to the gameplay.
Mainly how easy switching suit modes is. That radial menu restricted alot of cool stunts you could pull with the suit if the modes were tied to key inputs (for example: double tap W key to switch to Speed mode, press SHIFT to start sprinting and then double tap/hold SPACE to perform a power jump that is boosted by the maximum speed).

Also sullynathan, you should switch that trailer for the official one that has much better image quality.

It was a pretty good graphical benchmark

It's a good stress test.

The fact the game still looked good in 2015 says otherwise.

Although since this one will a multiplatform release I doubt it will set any standards like the original release did.

Last edited:
Crysis 1 is still the bes of the series, althougth I also like 2's campgain and some small improvements they've made to the gameplay.
Mainly how easy switching suit modes is. That radial menu restricted alot of cool stunts you could pull with the suit if the modes were tied to key inputs (for example: double tap W key to switch to Speed mode, press SHIFT to start sprinting and then double tap/hold SPACE to perform a power jump that is boosted by the maximum speed).

But.. you can already enable suit shorctuts in Crysis 1. It's an option in settings menu. I believe it was double tap backwards for armor mode, double tap crouch for cloak, double tap jump or melee for strength mode and double tap run button for speed. I never used that radial menu after trying these.

Last edited:

A horse of course

I can't imagine how depressing it must be to work on Switch ports. "Oh boy I can't wait to come into work to make this look even shittier!"

edit: the "edgy" rating is good way of outing yourself as a butthurt nintentranny

Last edited by a moderator:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
since this one will a multiplatform release I doubt it will set any standards like the original release did.

They'll aim for 4k on consoles, so we should probably expect downgrades.

I can't imagine how depressing it must be to work on Switch ports. "Oh boy I can't wait to come into work to make this look even shittier!"

The game is from 2007, so downgrades are unlikely.
The Switch alone is 2.5-3x as powerful as the 8800 Ultra and 9800 GTX, the ram in it are also better than what there was available at the time. You could argue the CPU is shit based on raw numbers vs the CPUs at the time, but then you also have to account for the architecture and the amount of features CPUs at the time lacked.
The problem really is that because of console limitations the devs can't go wild and push the best hardware available to their limits like they did in the original release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom