Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline So apparently Gearbox is making an FPS-MOBA - Battleborn

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
FPS gameplay is inherently incompatible with MOBA gameplay
smite-logo.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Kinguin isn't getting keys the same way a place like Steam or GMG or Amazon is getting keys.

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess how they thought this garbage would sell? The art style is awful, it looks like an Unity game, there is so much colourful effects on the screen that you barely know what is happening and the "single player" is pathetic. Anyway, you can't expect better from Lazybox.

How Gearbox line of thought went:

1. Hey this MOBA games are pretty popular we should totally tap into this market!

2. We should try to do something that will make us stand out to the rest of the competition! How about making the game first person because there are very few games like this and Im sure this novelty will not get worn out in 4 years that will take us to make it.

3. People love Borderlands so we should take something from it that we know will attract both old and new fans. I know, the visuals, everyone loves the cartoonish art style. Im sure thats what made Borderlands popular so we will take that style and crank it up to eleven for maximum effect.

4. SLAM DUNK!

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I guess how they thought this garbage would sell? The art style is awful, it looks like an Unity game, there is so much colourful effects on the screen that you barely know what is happening and the "single player" is pathetic. Anyway, you can't expect better from Lazybox.

How Gearbox line of thought went:

1. Hey this MOBA games are pretty popular we should totally tap into this market!

2. We should try to do something that will make us stand out to the rest of the competition! How about making the game first person because there are very few games like this and Im sure this novelty will not get worn out in 4 years that will take us to make it.

3. People love Borderlands so we should take something from it that we know will attract both old and new fans. I know, the visuals, everyone loves the cartoonish art style. Im sure thats what made Borderlands popular so we will take that style and crank it up to eleven for maximum effect.

4. SLAM DUNK!

Eh more likely it was something like

1 We made a ton of money with Borderlands that mixed First Person Shooters and Diablo,what can we make this time?

2 Holy shit LoL makes over a billion dollars per year

3 New game LoL+FPS=:slamdunk:

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
5. Shit we better hurry up and make Borderlands 3 before we go bankrupt.

Gerrard

Arcane
Epic is pretty desperate with Paragon as well, I keep getting emails about free weekends every 2 weeks or so. At least their game doesn't look like something a dog threw up.

Angthoron

Arcane
Kinguin isn't getting keys the same way a place like Steam or GMG or Amazon is getting keys.
Obviously not. It's getting them from retail stores that have purchased surplus copies and realize they can't sell them. Usually from cheaper EU countries. Russian keys are marked as such (and are significantly cheaper than even the lowest Global stuff), same for any other keys where regional restrictions apply.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So we now know what the price should be during the steam sale

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
It's only 50% off during the summer sales,it was 40% a few weeks ago so it seems it needs a couple more months before it reaches the 9,99 price

pippin

Stores who sell physical goods often have those prices though. Actually, most "special editions" of games end up at dollar stores or goodwill or similar places. When the hype dies, people realize they bought an ugly lump of plastic which doesn't look good anywhere in the house. So they often sell it. It was almost of a joke to see so many Duke Nukem Forever goodies or Max Payne 3 statues in LGR's Goodwill series. Those MaxPayne statues are even being sold in used toy stores in my country, that's rock bottom right there. Ashens had a series of videos discussing those as well. He had a special edition of a race game (I think it was driver), it had the gameplus a relatively cool model of a car, and it was cheaper than a normal edition of the game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Just a little over two months old and fallen far... far... far out of Steam's top 100 games:

Peak concurrent players yesterday: 794

Amazing.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Even though I don't have Borderlands TPS I'm afraid to buy the $15 tier since BB points to F2P. I mean, they're basically selling it for the equivalent of $5 in this bundle.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
kp1Iug7.jpg

Even though I don't have Borderlands TPS I'm afraid to buy the $15 tier since BB points to F2P. I mean, they're basically selling it for the equivalent of $5 in this bundle.

Do not buy it, TPS is a horrible piece of shit and that comes from someone who actually likes Borderlands.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Blargh. I need a new crappy arpg to play. I'd consider it if I wanted anything else in that bundle.

deuxhero

Arcane
There's plenty better games even as far as arpgs you haven't played yet go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom