Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

So... are you poligameous or monogameous?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by DavidBVal, Feb 14, 2019.

1. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    i can't do it too, unless the other one is action RPG

^ Top  
  2. Micormic Unwanted

Unwanted
    Depends how good the game is.

When I played Arcanum for the first time I think I beat it back to back to back 3 times while not playing anything else.

A year later I got NWN and I think between starting NWN and quitting it roughly halfway through I beat like 4-5 different games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Mr. Magniloquent Savant

Mr. Magniloquent
    A relatable confession. I have been there. If this were 2 years ago, I would have written that same comment verbatim.

^ Top  
  4. Tiger Educated

Tiger
    I'm currently a few weeks in to a break up and haven't touched a game but I know a lot of free time is coming so debating what to commit to. I have Pathfinder, Deadfire and DoS2 that I still haven't played so one of those will probably be my next love.

^ Top  
  5. Azalin Arcane Patron

Azalin
    Most of the time I have multiple games installed that I play but usually they are of different genres to scratch different itches. I have one rpg and maybe some other more "serious" games that take most of my time but I have some other more "light" games usually more action oriented that I can play for a few when I want to just relax.For example right now I have Expeditions:Vikings,Sengoku Jidai gold,Hellblade:Senua's Sacrifice,One Finger Death Punch and Osmos installed.

^ Top  
  6. Max Damage Learned

Max Damage
    I play several games at a time, keeps the burnout away. The only exceptions are games that are so good you don't want to play anything else in first place.

^ Top  
  7. taxalot Gone forever. Patron

taxalot
    Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Look. I've just started Skyrim so of course I will be playing other games.

^ Top  
  8. HansDampf Prophet

HansDampf
    Only one game at a time. I can play two games if one of them can be played in short sessions and is not immersive. Two RPGs, impossible.

^ Top  
  9. DJOGamer PT Arcane

DJOGamer PT
    For the most part I play several games at once, so I don't get fatigue (because when I do, I pretty much never play that game again). It does have the downside I sometimes get indecisive of what to play, or simply abandon the game for so long that I only to play it again if I for some reason start to miss the experience it provided.
    But if the game is really good and hooks me on, then I can play it for as long as I at least can complete it's main content and get a good understanding of the mechanics and systems (of course even then I will occasionally switch it up a bit so that I don't get tired of playing it).

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)