Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So... are you poligameous or monogameous?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How can you freaks play multiple RPGs at once? It's way better to focus on one so you can immerse yourself in the game world. Y'all are some weirdos, man.
i can't do it too, unless the other one is action RPG

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Depends how good the game is.

When I played Arcanum for the first time I think I beat it back to back to back 3 times while not playing anything else.

A year later I got NWN and I think between starting NWN and quitting it roughly halfway through I beat like 4-5 different games.

One only, and only when I know I'm in the right frame of mind and can fully commit to it for the coming weeks. Once I mentally commit it consumes me to the extent I'm spending whole days at work thinking about it, reading up on it and working on spreadsheets of builds etc, counting down the hours until I go home. This can last for days or months depending how in love I am with it at the time. Eventually I get to the stage where I'm having to convince myself I'm having fun but deep down I know the love is starting to fade. I eventually own up to the fact it's becoming a chore and dump it. Fully. I can't stand even thinking about the game. I go through a period of not gaming at all until one day, something clicks and I feel that urge to commit to something else and it all starts again.

A relatable confession. I have been there. If this were 2 years ago, I would have written that same comment verbatim.

Tiger

Learned
One only, and only when I know I'm in the right frame of mind and can fully commit to it for the coming weeks. Once I mentally commit it consumes me to the extent I'm spending whole days at work thinking about it, reading up on it and working on spreadsheets of builds etc, counting down the hours until I go home. This can last for days or months depending how in love I am with it at the time. Eventually I get to the stage where I'm having to convince myself I'm having fun but deep down I know the love is starting to fade. I eventually own up to the fact it's becoming a chore and dump it. Fully. I can't stand even thinking about the game. I go through a period of not gaming at all until one day, something clicks and I feel that urge to commit to something else and it all starts again.

A relatable confession. I have been there. If this were 2 years ago, I would have written that same comment verbatim.

I'm currently a few weeks in to a break up and haven't touched a game but I know a lot of free time is coming so debating what to commit to. I have Pathfinder, Deadfire and DoS2 that I still haven't played so one of those will probably be my next love.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Most of the time I have multiple games installed that I play but usually they are of different genres to scratch different itches. I have one rpg and maybe some other more "serious" games that take most of my time but I have some other more "light" games usually more action oriented that I can play for a few when I want to just relax.For example right now I have Expeditions:Vikings,Sengoku Jidai gold,Hellblade:Senua's Sacrifice,One Finger Death Punch and Osmos installed.

Max Damage

Savant
I play several games at a time, keeps the burnout away. The only exceptions are games that are so good you don't want to play anything else in first place.

HansDampf

Arcane
Only one game at a time. I can play two games if one of them can be played in short sessions and is not immersive. Two RPGs, impossible.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
For the most part I play several games at once, so I don't get fatigue (because when I do, I pretty much never play that game again). It does have the downside I sometimes get indecisive of what to play, or simply abandon the game for so long that I only to play it again if I for some reason start to miss the experience it provided.
But if the game is really good and hooks me on, then I can play it for as long as I at least can complete it's main content and get a good understanding of the mechanics and systems (of course even then I will occasionally switch it up a bit so that I don't get tired of playing it).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom