Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, playing STALKER for the first time, mods

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Should i?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The 'Complete' mod. Anyway, no amount of mods will fix the half-baked RPG aspects. Just enjoy it as a solid FPS.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Get the SoC Starter Pack. Good for a first play-through because it mainly fixes bugs and enhances graphics without changing the core game too much. It includes the Zone Reclamation Project that DraQ already recommended. Fuck Complete and Oblivion Lost. AMK is pretty good but brutally difficult to the point of being frustrating, not recommended for a first-timer.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Real men play people soup's mod(can't bother spelling the russian name) and get owned by two semi invisible chimeras while fighting mercenaries. Shit is buggy, but is awesome. Also, why people get so little faith in lost alpha? the delay was really bad, but i think they will deliver a good mod, probably worthy of the STALKER 2 title. There are rumors that lost alpha will be a commercial release, maybe skyway know more about this...
Edit: this map is from the mod STALKERSOUP.
NS_DMX_Map.JPG

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I wouldn't recommend Complete 2009 myself. Makes the game easier than a Taiwanese hooker. I'd recommend LURK for a second playthrough if you're ok with it removing artefact equipping.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nothing wrong with teleporting in STALKER. The 'open world' aspect is done so poorly what the fuck is the point hiking back and forth through respawns that present no challenge?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I wouldn't recommend Complete 2009 myself. Makes the game easier than a Taiwanese hooker. I'd recommend LURK for a second playthrough if you're ok with it removing artefact equipping.

Yeah I agree. I played about half way with this, and it just has too many dumbed down shit (but there are some GOOD mods in it as well). This would basically be the console version. :lol:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not sure why people are saying Complete makes it easy. Pretty sure there's a setting where you essentially get one shot from most enemies/direct bullet hit. At least that was my experience.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
There's nothing wrong with the difficulty on Complete. What makes STALKER easy is the million medkits you can carry.

Well, whatever you do, just don't play it unmodded.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Shadow of Chernobyl?

ZRP and that's all you need.
This.

Unless you're a masochist, at which point you could play vanilla, but then that's like refusing to play Morrowind with MCP and unofficial patch.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I tried to play stalker with complete 2009.

It fucked up everything so I couldn't even launch this shit.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Eh, vanilla's fine and completely playable. There are bugs but nothing you couldn't live with, or at least I've never encountered any. I guess Zone Reclamation Project wouldn't hurt either, but I'd definitely avoid complete overhauls like Oblivion Lost until later playthroughs.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Well, I couldn't play with vanilla version as well. It always crashed after 20 minutes no matter what.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Start playing Call of Pripyat. The rest are inferior.

The only mod you want is Atmosfear.

Avoid total overhauls like Complete. Tend to be buggy and unbalanced.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom