Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, World of Tanks, I play it, here's some criticism.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Test server is out.

The tier 9 is... not bad?

wot_type4.jpg

Type 4 and Type 5 are smaller than the lower tier heavies, and the gun seems to perform pretty well. Never hit any weak spots, but with that penetration, who cares.

The lower tier heavies are really, really weird. Inaccurate as fuck, low penetration, big as barn houses. So many places where you can't shoot from since your turret is so high. But when you do penetrate... And of course you can spam 910 dmg HE like in a KV-2.

Good time to be an artillery player, I guess? Though I bounced quite a few shots with FV304... (i.e. 0 dmg, no module dmg)

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Haven't played WoT since December 2013, but am considering getting back into it. Has there been any significant incline or decline since then? I guess the alternative is to wait for Armored Warfare, but I haven't been following it much, and prefer the quasi-WWII-setting.

Gregz

Arcane
Haven't played WoT since December 2013, but am considering getting back into it. Has there been any significant incline or decline since then? I guess the alternative is to wait for Armored Warfare, but I haven't been following it much, and prefer the quasi-WWII-setting.

Nothing will dethrone WoT, they are the WoW of their niche.

Having said that, I've never spent so much money on a game in my life, 'f2p' or otherwise. My clan leader freely admitted to spending over $20,000 USD on his account. I saw his garage, and I believe him. Beware men.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There has been significant decline, it is a horrible game. More corridors, less bushes. More city maps, less open areas. Artillery still zero skill lottery run that can ruin your day. Player base is the worst scum of the earth.

Yet it is addictive. Not sure if it is the game or the hate. Never have felt deeper hate than I feel for WoT.

omega21

Arcane
It hardly shits all over WoT, devs ruined it with shit balance, and the turning off foilage thing to see across the map was hilarious. I haven't played it for some time though.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I love models, maps (no bushes high as Maus) and the wonderful feel of driving in WT (sliding, random stops and turning, the work of transmission, making it work with slow turret turning, and ability to turn when one of your tracks gets blown off - it's gold), but I still like the competetive part of WoT more - it's a team game, yet where one player can bring victory easily (just recently got Raider on arty kek). I wish there was something inbetween and with more or less sane player base.

As for heavies, it would make sense to take a break from the game if there would be too many people driving heavies in WoT. It makes matches very unbalanced, because on some maps and setups who wins depends on who drives heavies better, but on many maps nowadays you lose in first 5 minutes if enemy has more medium tanks. All heavies do in these kind of setups is just prolong matches before inevitable cap by a rush of fast tanks. Shitty corridor maps lah.
After playing game more I find myself thinking that heavies are really unimportant compared to medium tanks when it comes to carrying the game.
On the other hand japanese steam tanks look fun in a derp way. But most of fun is lost since WoT cannon into multi turreted tanks.
Also 8th level would be purgatory with 215 pen with no premium rounds at all, fighting X's.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
New deal for free E25 for doing nothing.

When these things were sold there were 3 per team, and even after they are as casul as hellcats or ISes. And they either do 3k damage or die in squads of 3 with 0 damage on Ensk.

:dead:

this is the end

also fapanese heavies r out.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
New deal for free E25 for doing nothing.

When these things were sold there were 3 per team, and even after they are as casul as hellcats or ISes. And they either do 3k damage or die in squads of 3 with 0 damage on Ensk.

:dead:

this is the end

also fapanese heavies r out.
Whats the deal for E25? Cant find it on EU.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Of course not, because EU gets fucked up the ass.

Instead you get to grind for WZ-111 if you don't have it already. New tanks will appear in the store instead, inside 199€ bundles...

Shadenuat

Arcane
We also got regional pricing and stuff, following the ruble going down into multiple layers of Abyss. Not that I care since I bought some places in hangar and barracks for ~3$ long time ago and that was the end of donate for me.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
We also got regional pricing and stuff, following the ruble going down into multiple layers of Abyss. Not that I care since I bought some places in hangar and barracks for ~3$ long time ago and that was the end of donate for me.
But the price you pay is that you have to play with Ruskies all the time.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Seems like Czech tanks are in the making and planned for 9.12 (mediums probably)
Czech flag is already in the game client when you pick nations in tanks wheel. Wonder if they would remove some of Czech tanks from German tree then and place there? (like pz 35)
Czech top tanks are about speed and DPM and no armor aka same shit we had enough of already goddamit
Their history team for now is also searching for italian, swedish, hungarian and... polish tanks
Poland can into tanks?! at least up to 4th level they say Poland can
Even new map planned is "Poland", also Czech and Berlin maps are planned.
And yet another tank tech tree is planned for 2016. Italian maybe?

Last edited:

Monk

Arcane
If premium tanks are used for crew training, does this mean that the player has to choose between that and freeing up XP to upgrade tanks? Is there any way to do both?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Shadenuat: Sweden.

Sort of close-ish, should see first tanks in supertest

Strv 103 A (marked as "HeavyTank_EU_TECH_Tier_X")
IKV 91 with following description: "Designed and manufactured by Hägglund and Söner, the LKV 91 was originally designated as a light tank, and later into a tank destroyer by Sweden Armed Forces. The first prototypes of the LKV 91 were completed in 1969 with production running from 1975 until 1978 with a total of 212 vehicles produced."

roll-a-die

Magister
If premium tanks are used for crew training, does this mean that the player has to choose between that and freeing up XP to upgrade tanks? Is there any way to do both?
There's a toggle, high tier free xp machines though, can make 800 xp per battle easily if not 1.3k, so you only have to toggle them off of crew acceleration for short periods of time. Add in that your crew still trains at lower speeds without the acceleration button toggled.

Shadenuat

Arcane
New physics (well, not really radical and new, more like bugfixing, which should have happened 2 years ago) and sounds (which remind me of War Thunder a lot, now if only tanks would move and look and shoot like in WT...) actually seem like they will get implemented this time - soon. And 10 Czech tanks. Right after new japanese tree. Meh.
Seems like Obsidian actually managed to put some pressure on Potatoes.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hurrah for pay2win

post-4024363-0-12306600-1443011489.jpg

Ferdinand better name than Margret?~ :argh:

post-4024363-0-85304800-1443011484.jpg

post-4024363-0-99954400-1443011492.jpg

Why Cuba not so strong? Or Israel?! No respect for Cuba?
Sure you can use silver for all that but imagine doing it every week for every mark and flag

Fuck World of Warsheps :shunthenonbeliever:

a question remains: where is the Log for +25 damage?

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
+Leo W because we're Europeans not communist whores that still write in Cyrillic in 2016. This game is nothing but propaganda. Minsk is nothing but a slave state. They either suck Russian communist dick or they will receive Russian passports. It's pretty much seen in this game with Russian superiority. On vbaddict , russki tonks have 52% average server WR. Superior to every nation by huge margin. Playing Russian tanks in this game is just pissing on your history and getting fucked by Russian propaganda. Tanks that were crap in real life are best mediums in the game. They nerf the other nations for "historical reasons" but not Lenin. Fuck Russia , fuck Putin. No matter how weak the other tanks are , play EU and US tanks just to piss the communist fuckers even further.
+clockyro regarding writing in Cyrillic - Cyrillic is the third official alphabet of the European Union...
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shadenuat

Arcane

If some of fan based statistics is correct, there are now ~900k E25s in players hands (on RU cluster I guess).
Simultaneously it's WR is now lower than 50% and continues to drop.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom