Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister - 5E OGL TB RPG with verticality and environmental interactions

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Safav Hamon, Nov 26, 2018.

1. S0rcererV1ct0r Scholar

S0rcererV1ct0r
    I don't know about the final game, but on demo, looks like you can't rest scum in solasta. So i wanna suggest fast animations for base attacks and cantrips and make this good but longer animations for abilities/spell/spell like abilities, since you will not cast a fireball every round, my guess is a fireball each 10 minutes, have a longer animation for fireball will not make the game slower. In fact, will make it feels more important than a cantrip. And since you see a lot of times of base attacks/cantrips, a fast animation can speed up the encounter and make the combat less repetitive. Just my opinion.

edit : ToEE had a option called concurrent turns, that makes enemies take turns simultaneously. Is another interesting suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Salvo Learned

Salvo
    The premise for this game is incredible! If the devs can keep the quality up throughout the entirety of the game's length it will definetely be something worth playing.

Hope's up!

^ Top  
  3. Elex Scholar

Elex
    what about skipping all? i mean like "i play with miniatures"

^ Top  
  4. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/2674228

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  5. Dorateen Arcane

Dorateen
    Solid update. Beards are very important.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 4
    • Brofist x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Prestigious x 2
    • Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    https://www.solasta-game.com/news/47-lore-chronicles-the-eastern-realms

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. coldcrow Prophet Patron

coldcrow
    This game, Realms Beyond, Encased and Stoneshard are shaping up to be amazing rpgs. Can't wait for them to release.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Dorateen Arcane

Dorateen
    Myzzrym

Where do the hill dwarves fit in, are they part of the Snow Alliance?

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Elex Scholar

Elex
    i hope the game will have elficide.

• incline incline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Got my Solasta CrowdOx email.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Dorateen Arcane

Dorateen
    Yes, I selected the same. I suppose Gold Box counts as pre-2005 D&D

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/2689327

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    https://www.solasta-game.com/news/48-dev-update-2-dungeons-dwarves

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It might be hybris but it's hard for me to see how this could be a total dud - if it gets released, that is

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    So wait, Myzzrym, are these Dev Updates the same thing as the monthly recaps you said you were going to publish to Kickstarter? The first one was cross-posted to Kickstarter as the November 2019 "Dev Journal", but this one wasn't.

^ Top  
  16. Myzzrym Tactical Adventures Patron Developer

Myzzrym
    We do 1 Dev Update every 2 weeks, but only 1 post per month on Kickstarter to avoid spamming. Pledge Manager and Physical Item stuff is the exception because people need to know asap, but otherwise our Kickstarter Updates will be recaps of the articles we posted during the previous month.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  17. Myzzrym Tactical Adventures Patron Developer

Myzzrym
    Hey there folks,

The Solasta Campaign on RPG Codex is over! Thanks to you we raised an additional $780, which is always appreciated (time to buy myself a new gaming chair). On a more serious note, you should have received an invitation from CrowdOx if you participated in this campaign. For those who already backed us on Kickstarter before, I have added funds to your already existing account (and you should have received a mail from us to confirm that). Note that we used your Paypal email addresses (in case you're checking your RPG Codex email).

Hopefully there won't be any issues but if there are, just ping me right here I'll be around. Once again thanks a ton guys.

I'll end this message with a little gem I received on Twitter sometimes ago:
    [​IMG]

• Brofist x 7
    • Funny x 7
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 2
    • nice x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Elex Scholar

Elex
    i wish someone hacked the demo so i can replay it.

^ Top  
  19. Dodo1610 Savant

Dodo1610

Animations look really good for an indie CRPG.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Background Character Savant

Background Character
    Nice armor

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. S0rcererV1ct0r Scholar

S0rcererV1ct0r
    One fear that i have is. All martial content that i an seeing on the game is "male" and all casting content female. Will be classes gender locked? Please. No....

• retadred x 2
    • Participation Award x 1
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Myzzrym Tactical Adventures Patron Developer

Myzzrym
    Oh lord no. No no no no no. It just so happens that our oldest model is Garrad (the human fighter), so we usually default to using him when making gifs internally. Case in point, here is our spellcast animation - it's Garrad as well:

[​IMG]

No class is gender locked. I'll ask our guys to make some gifs with female characters next time, so we get a little more gender equality^^

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. santino27 Arcane

santino27
    Here's the full article from the above tweet. Good stuff: https://www.solasta-game.com/news/50-tldr-7-a-primer-on-animating-solasta

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  24. Pink Eye Kineticist Patron

Pink Eye
    When is this game coming out?

^ Top  
  25. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Saturday

• Informative x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • Button x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)