Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Late Backer Codex Fundraiser

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Infinitron, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Solasta: Crown of the Magister; Tactical Adventures

The Solasta: Crown of the Magister Kickstarter campaign is over and Tactical Adventures have said they aren't accepting any late pledges via PayPal. However, they've decided to make a special exception for the Codex. DarkUnderlord is finally off his 20 day long bender on illicit stimulants from the Australian outback, so the fundraiser can begin now. Here's what we're shooting for:

$100 - Name in Monument
    $130 - Character Creation Name Pool
    $250 - Name an NPC
    $300 - Write a Scroll
    $500 - Name a Landmark
    $750 - NPC Face Creation
    $1000 - Co-Design a Magic Item (plus a visit to Tactical Adventures HQ in Paris)​

Of course, your donation will also grant you what you would have gotten for pledging the same amount to the Kickstarter - though only for tiers that were still available when the campaign ended. That means:

$28 - Digital Game (includes one Kickstarter-exclusive item)
    $40 - Digital Game Kickstarter Edition (includes two Kickstarter-exclusive items)
    $65 - Kickstarter Edition with Rulebook PDF (includes all three Kickstarter-exclusive items)
    Plus a variety of more expensive physical tiers featuring the game's rulebook, soundtrack and/or tabletop adventure box. So if you missed the campaign or weren't able to pledge through Kickstarter, now's your chance to get in. Tell all your friends and let's see how far we can get before Disco Elysium releases and the world as we know it comes to an end.

• gimme dem dolla bills x 3
    • Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Strange Fellow The Law Patron

Strange Fellow
    If only this had happened while the Kickstarter was still ongoing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It was supposed to!

• decline decline x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Alpan Learned Patron

Alpan
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Definitely a good time to cash in on the goodwill generated by the avatar prank.

• Funny Funny x 15
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Outlander Custom Tags Are For Fags. Patron

Outlander
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    The $750 tier must be reached:

:prosper:

• incline incline x 6
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. MurkyShadow Glittering gem of hatred Patron

MurkyShadow
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
    Solasta, sounds familiar, I think I've read something in the news about it.
    Maybe even here on the Codex? Can't be too sure. :cool:

The right timing is everything.

But in all seriousness, I'm currently not in the kickstarting mood and my hype generators are running low.
    Which means, one of the next evenings, I'll be in one of these what the heck moods and throw money
    at the fundraiser anyway. I wasted more potatoes, for more questionable things.

Is there a tier where we get some of the illicit stimulants from the Australian outback? ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Alex betthurt

Alex
    Isn't 5e basically a dumbed down 3e? They could just have used 3e. Or even better, just used their own system or something similar. I admit I never gave 5e much of a chance though, so it is entirely possible I am being unfair here. But if anyone has tried it and thinks it is a good system, I would appreciate a run down on why you think so.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Spectacle Arcane Patron

Spectacle
    Any codexer who wants the game and is willing to pre-pay should have already backed the kickstarter.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Ol'man Novice

Ol'man
    No one really cares about 3.5 anymore and/or they'd just play whatever Owlcat puts out (close enough).

If they have also have the idea of a non-SRD wotc game in the future they're also going to need to use 5e, cause wotc sure as hell isn't going to bless anything non-5e.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • retadred retadred x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. a100167 Literate

a100167
    I just donated $250 to get Schlomo Shekelstein as an NPC. He'll be a highly profitable foreign merchant who financially backs the invading Orcs because they are all doctors and magic scientists.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Darkozric Novice

Darkozric
    Wow, the shill is strong with this one.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Bumvelcrow Bellator Sempervirens Patron

Bumvelcrow
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I certainly hope we hit $1000 so the developers have the pleasure of meeting a Codexian in person. Sadly most of my money went on the Kickstarter.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    I think this is the first news post about this game I've actually read. Thought the others were made by a spam bot or something.

Anyway how do I know this isn't another TToN?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. TheImplodingVoice Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

TheImplodingVoice
    At least it can't be any worse that numanuma

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Jinxed it.

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. TheImplodingVoice Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

TheImplodingVoice
    Hahaha. I think you're right. What I should have said was : At least it can't be worse than Underworld Ascendant.

• Funny Funny x 7
    ^ Top  
  17. MurkyShadow Glittering gem of hatred Patron

MurkyShadow
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
    Stop making it worse :P:lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. TheImplodingVoice Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

TheImplodingVoice
    :shredder:

^ Top  
  19. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Now I can't withdraw my pledge and pledge through Codex instead :'(

• Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Bumvelcrow Bellator Sempervirens Patron

Bumvelcrow
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I hear the Codex begging thread is a great place to farm some brofists. I'm already planning tasks for residents to perform to obtain my favour.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Invictus Arcane The Real Fanboy

Invictus
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Been kind of busy so these are the first news of this, looks very nice how can I help out the fundraiser

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Ismaul Citizen First Class #3333 Patron

Ismaul
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Sounds fun but just 20 days? Live a little!

Maybe you should follow his example and go on a bender too Infinitron. Imagine a maelstrom of thread mergings and splittings, forking things into "gd shit" threads for no reason, requiring Patron status to edit your posts, etc. Make people appreciate when you're sane and sober.

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I'm a well-known philantropist when it comes to bad RPGs, but I can't decide if this is another one of them. Should I donate?

• Yes Yes x 2
    • No No x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Bumvelcrow Bellator Sempervirens Patron

Bumvelcrow
    It looks somewhere between decent and mediocre, so it depends whether you want to ruin your reputation and get a fancy tag of shame.

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)