Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Solasta Kickstarter Update #20: Party Banter Unlocked

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Solasta: Crown of the Magister; Tactical Adventures

The final weekend of the Solasta: Crown of the Magister Kickstarter campaign is over. The party banter stretch goal has just been unlocked and Cohh Carnage is coming up next. As expected, the fourth stretch goal at €205k is the Ranger class. Once again, the Kickstarter update also reveals a glimpse of the next stretch goal, which is very clearly the Academic character background at €210k.

Let's start this final week with some good news. As of a few moments ago, Stretch Goal #2 - Party Banter - has now been reached!

Part of the fun of Tabletop RPGs is the "friendly" and "wholesome" remarks from your companions when you roll the dice - even more so when you fail repeatedly. It just wouldn't have the same charm without these jabs and sarcastic comments now, would it?

Well, worry not - you will now be able to experience this in Solasta: Crown of the Magister as well! The kind Cleric that encourages you to do better next time, the wholesome Paladin who tells you not to give up... Or the Rogue who simply laughs at you and tell you how much you suck. It's always the Rogue. Why is it always the Rogue.

Stretch Goal #4 - New Class: Ranger

The polls were so close that we just couldn't leave the Ranger behind! If you haven't already, we've posted an Update with the Lore and Archetypes of the Ranger that you should read. They may not have animal companions in Solasta, but they are no less deadly! The archetypes are:
  • Hunter (SRD) - Master of both Melee & Range combat, the Hunter is the supreme predator of the lands.
  • Marksman (Solasta) - Heir to ancient archery techniques, the Marksman is the deadliest ranged combatant of Solasta.
  • Shadow Tamer (Solasta) - Wanderer of the desolated Badlands, the Shadow Tamer walks where others fear to tread.
At current rates of funding, the Academic background is within reach. Cohh Carnage will probably be unlocked by the end of tomorrow.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
At current rates of funding, the Academic background is well within reach.

Who gives a FOOK... its just one background... Seriously this is one of the most pathetic campaigns ever. What's the next stretch goal, a feat? A portrait? :lol:

Stretch goals are cancer.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I feel like meaningless stretch goals are 100x better than what happened with Pillars of Eternity, where first time around the stretch goal was frankly too ridiculous and they ended up fucking it up, and the second time around we MISSED THE BEST COMPANION because we were short 1 stretch goal

slowtard

Educated
This depravity must have some sort of denouement, if not a climax. He isn't even erect, for Christ's sake! What thoughts could be going through your mind as you pursue this fruitless endeavor?

Any sane person would get bored almost immediately. Is the repetition meditative? Maybe it reminds you of something you can't quite think of, and you're hoping to jog your memory. But… the family.

The family deserves an apology.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
They don't need more money, particularly the tiny amounts they're asking for for each meager stretch goal. This is just to keep attention on the project. Even so, it's a shame to see such easily implementable and run of the mill additions instead of something actually ambitious that they couldn't achieve otherwise. Anyway, I lapsed back into my kickstarter addiction I thought I'd kicked years ago.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Solasta is starting to feel like one of those beauty pageant kids. Probably nice enough, might turn out ok if we let it develop normally. But someone on the codex is the overbearing obsessed mother, promoting at every chance, never shutting up, ramming it in your face until you feel sick and start to hate the kid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom