Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Some cosmetic issue (found when testing translation to ES)

L@Zar0

Literate
Hi,

thanks a lot to sitra for this awesome mod. It is very encouraging playing ToEE with Win10.

Doing some testing with my translation I've found some cosmetic issues (or maybe not) which I would like to list, with the intention to try to solve them if possible. These are:

a.) Upper character conversion with extended characters like "á/Á, é/É, í/Í, ó/Ó, ú/Ú, ü/Ü, ñ/Ñ" when Creating PJ. It should show "Bárbaro" as "BÁRBARO" (among others), but it presents "Bárbaro". Vanilla with original tig.dat spanish file presents visually ok the data.
DPaIG8h.jpg

b.) Allow translation for new text buttons like "COMMON", "NEXT", "PREV", "Loading..." load screen text, "Wake up!" texts in-game screen when "waking up sleeped chars" (among others).
N5DJmAk.jpg

c.) Long texts for feats are overwritten if they are too long (it is obvious that I can cut them, but I would prefer not to do it). In vanilla game this does not happen (they are cutted before the ending line). Some texts get out to the end boundary of the list (the ones in green). Some title texts are out of boundary (they seem to have different font size as others).
vqXbDhd.jpg

VvDQwv9.jpg

d.) Texts for Detail Bonuses has more spacing than normal. In vanilla game this does not happen.
OHTu5K6.jpg

e.) Rendered PC in Creating PC is displayed outside the marks of the box.
OAC8fCH.jpg

f.) "Disable AoO" present when using "override" folder for apply translation and "combat.mes" from tpmes and the vanilla have an issue.
Mym0cQv.jpg

Hope this helps a bit with the project. If I can solve anything manually, please let me know. I even know how to do that.

L@Zar0

Literate
More cosmetic issues:

a.) Feats with long text are displayed out of the box. In vanilla game the text is cutted.
NCpMSyi.jpg

b.) Points of skill over 10 with half points are displayed out of the box. This is apart from vanillla. I think it has not possibility of skill points over 10 with half point because the max level is 10.
UxaRu8Z.jpg

c.) Text out of the box in box of the class. In vanilla game this does not happen. The scroll bar activate when hoovering the class and you can scroll down when clicking the class. You can see also prestige class "CABALLERO ARCANO" (Eldritch Knight) in english out of the button. As the vanilla has not the names so long, it does not happen, but with the new prestige classes it can be a headache. Maybe a bigger button will solve the problem. The same happens for race (HILL GIANT), in spanish (GIGANTE DE LAS COLINAS). Have in mind that I'm using the official d&d 3.0/3.5 nomenclator. I'm assuming that for other foreign languages (German, maybe French and Italian) will suffer the same problems if someone decide to translate the mod.
EtY7W0m.jpg

d.) Same as the class, but this time for feats. Text out of the box. The same.
BaiQZGX.jpg

e.) Allow easy translation of "Defensive Stance" ability.
cVAj4tb.jpg

Last edited:

L@Zar0

Literate
Part 03 of cosmetic issues. These are the next ones:

a.) In high levels, for example in "Magic Missile", you have various darts and can choose different targets. There is a counter that hoovers with mouse with this counter. When hoovering with mouse over one portrait on the attack rounds bar, it overimposes the text of the PC indicating Name, Damage, Level and Status.
bCzsEoJ.jpg

vLEvxXf.jpg

b.) Allow translation for "Arcane" and "Divine" words in spell description. When hoovering a scroll it indicates if it is Arcane or Divine and the school. The "Arcane" or "Divine" description is not translated.
86kDOSp.jpg

c.) Enemies with long names are out of boundaries in the box when looting. I am not sure if it will happen in english names, but when translating into spanish it happens.
AGsv5Tl.jpg

d.) OBJ_HANDLE_NULL in Wild Shape. I'm not sure which is the feature for the Wild Shape that must go in there.
CLskOHl.jpg

L@Zar0

Literate
Part 04/04. Only one cosmetic issue more.

Apart of it, and about the Druid and 3.d (Wild Shape issue), when selecting Elemental as Wild Shape, it also displays some OBJ_HANDLE_NULL abilities apart of the elementals of fire/water/air/earth. "Animal Companion" ability also presents the same.
2kGsypo.jpg

R1Kitcr.jpg

a.) Allow translation of "Remaining Charges".
LN88lKt.jpg

I have ended my first run for the testing of translation purposes. I want to advance more in the translation changing some things. When the new version of Temple+ gets out, I will try to make a second run.

Until now, some generic issues I've found so far are:

a.) Terjon will not atone a Paladin over level 10 if max cap level is active over this level. This is a 00023terjon.dlg feature (lines 990-1100). I suppose that if another character gives the atonement, it will not work either.

b.) Deleting a savegame does not orders correctly the others, the order disappears.

c.) Diary Ego Tab/Various (logbook_ui_ego_misc_text.mes).
It seems that the "Most Uses of Diplomacy/Bluff" are exchanged. Using Diplomacy increments Bluff and viceversa (or change the description that it is what I have done).

d.) Allow choosing of independant font for cinematics (arial-12) and texts. It helps in high resolution, because if the font size is bigger (changing the mapping.json file), is well displayed in cinematics and wrongly displayed in boxes or buttons. This is more a request than an issue, but it could help.

The issue about the size of the 3D model is for resolutions lower of 600. Using 1024x576 I had this problem. Using 1024x600 I had not, and all is very well displayed using standard options. This is the resolution I've used finally for playing and testing the game (desktop resolution is 1920x1080).

Last edited:

L@Zar0

Literate
Hi Sitra,

I'm not using Co8, I'm using only ToEE GOG English version with Temple+ 1.0.7.5. I don't know if some of the House Rules options has anything to do with this. I have checked:

- Fast Sneak animation
- Prestige Classes
- Extra Races
- Monstruous PC Races
- Forgotten Realms PC Races

L@Zar0

Literate
Yes, of course, I have set Max Level to 20. :)

But it has anything to do with Co8/Temple+, or only with Temple+?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The game was originally designed for up to level 10. Most of the lvl 11+ content such as spells and druid summons was added by co8, so it'll feel quite barren without it anyway.

L@Zar0

Literate
I know about the level cap of 10 in vanilla game.

But I understand for what you are saying that you are suggesting to play ToEE + Co8 + TemplePlus (all included)?
Do not checks Temple+ if Co8 is installed or not? (or maybe not check House Rules options) But I think they are a good idea even for a vanilla playtrough with max cap level of 10.

My intention was not translate Co8. It should represent a good amount of lines. :(

L@Zar0

Literate
Ok, you're right about Druid things. I have done a second install of ToEE with Co8, and the OBJ_HANDLE_NULL for Druid has disappeared. ;)

Q7FwMQx.jpg

So, if I do not use Co8 with Temple+, is it better not to make use of the feature max level cap?

L@Zar0

Literate
Ok, I want to add to the list some issues involved with the item creation. I have used my old savegame. I want to check how the spanish translation is displayed:

Part 05/05
a.) Brew Potion. The list goes to bottom. I assume it should appear from the top.

V5pTj3O.jpg

b.) Craft magic weapon and armor. Here we can see 2 things:
1. If the name to update is too long, I can not go with the cursor to the left part (beginning) of the text. I can erase chars, and then the text of the left is turning visible each char I delete. It something odd.

2. Names of items in left list are justified at bottom (not center or top) like the item in the list "Armadura de cuero tachonado de gran calidad".

CRiTmjy.jpg

3. In this case (the "Error! Missing line bla bla", I think that there is the same issue as commented in (Disable AoO):https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/project-temple-released.98904/page-14#post-6554727

I have put in \overrides\tpmes\tooltip_ui_string.mes folder of ToEE install, but it seems to refer to the original tooltip_ui_string.mes. I hope this could be changed in a future release.

3.b Could be interesting also to make available for translation "Spells" and "or".

TKX88Tm.jpg

c.) Craft scepter. Well, these are easy to see. Left list is justified at bottom. Also, appears to be text of the descriptions out of boundaries. I'm not sure why is appearing this.

SKWiPe7.jpg

d.) Craft wondrous item. Here are some issues:
1. Name of the item is justified to the left when it has double line. I'm not sure it that can be displayed better like justified in the middle.

2. The names in the left list are overwritten if the names are too long, like "Guanteletes de fuerza de gigante +4".

3. Same issue as in Craft scepter with the description of the wondrous item.

8513HwG.jpg

e.) Craft wand. Here there is the same issue with the name of the item. It is justified to the left. It should be interesting also to make available the translation for "Crafted Caster Level".

Estm6Df.jpg

f.) This is the same as 04.a, but in this case, I will add that "CL" (caster level) must be available to translate, in spanish is "Nivel del lanzador" (or "NL").

SA5h3Ot.jpg

g.) When the caster has the inventory full, it leaves the item in the floor and says:
"My inventory is full! bla bla bla".

This should be available to translation.

UjWtpOV.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom