Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sooo i bought VR (PSVR) for PC

Darkforge

Augur
I can't bring myself to buy into the whole VR thing until the technology improves. As it stands Nvidias 3dvision (which they just dropped) does a much better job at most of the things VR does without needing to put a helmet on. it was such a slept on technology. While being able to run games at max settings and thousands of games fixed by the community. Witcher 3, for example, is perfect in it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't bring myself to buy into the whole VR thing until the technology improves. As it stands Nvidias 3dvision (which they just dropped) does a much better job at most of the things VR does without needing to put a helmet on. it was such a slept on technology. While being able to run games at max settings and thousands of games fixed by the community. Witcher 3, for example, is perfect in it.
Same here. Although VR might have started blooming, it is still a generation away from being a comfortable, accessible technology. Maybe in 5 years, the headsets get smaller, wireless, and PC hardware catches up to it.

Perkel

Arcane
I can't bring myself to buy into the whole VR thing until the technology improves. As it stands Nvidias 3dvision (which they just dropped) does a much better job at most of the things VR does without needing to put a helmet on.

3D on monitor is great but the problem is low FOV. You will never feel how something is big until you get wide FOV. I played for years Nintendo 3DS so i kind of have years of experience with low fov 3D and when i changed to Vr headset it completely changed my mind.

It is not just 3D. You need both head movement, wide FOV and 3D. Then it makes you WOW.

But i agree generally until we get something like 2k per eye it is hard to recommend for non enthusiasts. Main issue with low res screens is that UI elements are hard to read and almost any text. You can get used to low res in gameplay but you can't get used to text you can't read.

IMHO the biggest obstacle for VR right now are enthusiast themselves. People just don't want to play those motion games. They want normal games in VR with headmovement and 3D. Motion controlers are really fucking expensive driving cost of adoption and experiences are pretty much indie garbage games or phone games quality.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Will this thing work on HL Alyx ?

You are actually making me think. I do not want to spend much on VR since I see it as something I will only use occasionally so having the best hardware doesn't matter that much to me.

Darkforge

Augur
I can't bring myself to buy into the whole VR thing until the technology improves. As it stands Nvidias 3dvision (which they just dropped) does a much better job at most of the things VR does without needing to put a helmet on.

3D on monitor is great but the problem is low FOV. You will never feel how something is big until you get wide FOV. I played for years Nintendo 3DS so i kind of have years of experience with low fov 3D and when i changed to Vr headset it completely changed my mind.

It is not just 3D. You need both head movement, wide FOV and 3D. Then it makes you WOW.

But i agree generally until we get something like 2k per eye it is hard to recommend for non enthusiasts. Main issue with low res screens is that UI elements are hard to read and almost any text. You can get used to low res in gameplay but you can't get used to text you can't read.

IMHO the biggest obstacle for VR right now are enthusiast themselves. People just don't want to play those motion games. They want normal games in VR with headmovement and 3D. Motion controlers are really fucking expensive driving cost of adoption and experiences are pretty much indie garbage games or phone games quality.

Well actually in my case I have 3dvision surround with peripherals rendered so I don't have that issue with fov, but I do see your point. I think VR is not really suited for every type of gaming experience though, not every game is a first person/ third person experience. my current setup is basically an effective 15360x1440p resolution. My main issue it requires a shit load of horsepower to run.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
I found compiled in neat table list of VorpX games to convert into VR. Obviously mileage vary but i found this list pretty good checking on games i have tried and confirmed they work great. I upgraded recently from i5-3570k to Ryzen3600 so my rig can now test almost all of those games as i had previously issues with CPU usage hitting 100% and tanking frame-rate.

750+ games list

Capcom recently destroyed Monster Hunter World DLL injections and with it VR mode via VorpX fuckers and it was my go to game i spend nearly 200+ hours playing from which about 100h was in VR. edit. Looks like they will be updating profiles for MHW and they will be adding Sims4 support 23rd of april.

Perkel teach me how to mine real moniez to spend on goofy hardware.

Too late.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
I found amazing replacement for TrinusVR.

IVRy it is called and you can buy it on Steam. It pretty much makes PSVR native headset and it does support both 120hz and DirectMode. About 15$ for pro version with no time limit on DirectMode.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom