Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soul Calibur VI

A horse of course

Do you get any tangible rewards for Libra of Souls, outside of cheevos? I pretty much jumped into online play from the get-go.

It unlocks two extra missions in Soul Chronicle for Raphael and Zasalamel, though only's Raphael's is an actual fight. You can also convert your gold to Soul Points in one of the shops. Though if you're farming SP for whatever reason, it's probably faster just to unlock Inferno and speed through Arcade.

Terra

Cipher
Honestly, the biggest pity is that the pseudo-strategy mode made wtih custom characters in mind from SC3 was dropped like a bad habit, since IMO it was the best idea the series ever had (aside from going balls-first into custom characters so I can make my Warhammer fighting game rosters).
I never did finish that mode as I recall the save file for it used to corrupt itself if you so much as looked at your memory card the wrong way.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Personally I would say even if you did everything you could each map it still scaled up enemy level at a faster pace so by the end I felt it forced you to fight like a cheap bastard which isn't very fun.

Jigawatt

Arcane
Holy crap those console load times. I rarely have anything longer than 4 seconds on my laptop.

Anyway I'm finding LoS pretty fun to go through at the moment, although I'm only at Chapter 4 (lvl 43). Only doing vs humans locally at the moment, as ever the curse of NZ multiplayer - latency - makes online extremely unfun. Besides the aforementioned custom char bullshittery

A horse of course

Match between anime girl and the project Soul Team:

deuxhero

Arcane
Personally I would say even if you did everything you could each map it still scaled up enemy level at a faster pace so by the end I felt it forced you to fight like a cheap bastard which isn't very fun.

That and it was pretty much impossible to finish most missions without killing 95% of the enemies anyways unless you deliberately tried to avoid them by leaving half your army alone as a distraction. The only tactical choice that mattered, outside of the one chapter you have to rescue some neutral units it, was the possibility of luring enemies out of or into troublesome fortresses. Overall it was interesting, but heavily flawed.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
And when it came to killing those enemies, you basically had to keep using IIRC three characters at maximum so you could keep your levels up (and you also had to avoid using the characters the game in a dickish fashion takes away from you and then relevels against your will) to par.

It's basically the same root problem as with Tekken Force mode across its entirely history, it's never actually been taken beyond the conceptual level or built in a way where it would be fun rather than solely about exploiting the cheapest moves you had access to.

A horse of course

There's a 2B stream in a few hours. Or maybe a trap stream. Not 100% sure.

edit: No release date yet, they're "still tuning her moves"

Qj19Xn3.jpg
IJuXd3B.png
GdwRBlj.png
juppMIa.png
iy7NOdz.jpg
NUjHHce.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

A horse of course

I was browsing 8wayrun and saw some of the early mods people have been messing around with. Mostly swapping parts around, modding sound files, even somehow implementing new stages thanks to UE4, and making the game run at 10x :lol: I haven't tested any of them myself yet as I'm pretty scared of fucking up my saves/progress whilst there's still DLC and such to come.

Pz3WKh2.jpg

BHXuLXf.jpg

Z03ZIZN.jpg
7m7TdbQ.jpg
JvCq8DO.jpg

deuxhero

Arcane
Reptile is clearly Lizardman as his own character. Snow is Setsuka (雪華 literally means snow flakes). Star might be Algol (it's a star system).

Stone, Yell, and Yellow? No clue.

Edit: Yell might be Dampierre. In kana his name is ダンピエール (My dictionary says that part is "yell"). Stone could be Rock. Unless Yellow=Blonde and we're getting Arthur (seriously doubt that), I have no idea. Might be OC or guest.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom