Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soul of War Inspired by Dungeons & Dragons

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Just wanted to share the release of Soul of War, Its a fun rpg inspired by the famous Greyhawk adventure and using the D&D 3.5 ruleset. We have tried our best to create an enjoyable pc crpg. There have been a few bugs reported but those have been fixed in the last update. The full screen issue has been fixed the readme file lists the keyboard shortcuts, like f5 is full screen native to your resolution. We really hope you enjoy the game as much as we loved developing it, We are working hard to make the game just how you like it. Lots of people have reported really enjoying the game (just last night a guy wrote us saying he had to force his himself to go to bed he was having lots of fun. Any questions please feel free to contact us. Here is a little about the game:

332qa0.jpg

JjXwId.jpg

Parties of up to 6 adventurers

Tons of different monsters, feats, spells and magical items

Buy land and build your very own village

A multitude of quests to partake in

Character and Npc voice sets

Massive world to explore, with dozens of hamlets, villages and dungeons

this game offers multiclassing (Yes Fighter\Wizard)

Homepage: http://soulofwar.epizy.com/
Store: https://fishdog-games.itch.io/soul-of-war

Just an update: Today I'm uploading The Burning Lands also the minimap, if you experience any bugs with the minimap please let me know. The update will be available on itch I will post here when its ready to be downloaded. I'm still testing it and working out little nitpik things should take a few hours to get it up and going. Thanks

4GEsaw.png

agnlD0.png

YVGUVm.jpg

B6c9Vj.jpg

7%2FU0ez.jpg

Last edited:

Lukipaluki

Novice
What is the level of challenge like in this game? KotC? PF:KM on Unfair? It looks like a nice game.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
it starts out pretty easy just to let you get the feel of combat, it can get quite hard specially with the larger battles. it is very similar to kotc.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
There is a big update coming out today, fixes a few things and adds a few new dungeons. we are working on the minimap as well hopefully have it implemented today we had a problem with it not showing correctly for some resolutions so we took it out till we fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
it starts out pretty easy just to let you get the feel of combat, it can get quite hard specially with the larger battles. it is very similar to kotc.

I'm mildly interested, maybe you should put together a video showing some interesting battle & highlights of the game to attract some attention.

Still, i'll patiently wait for some feedback from my fellow guinea pigs Codexers.

Last edited:

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
If this video is about the epic battles and highlights of the adventure i was referring to, it has more in common with PoE and Numanuma than KotC ...
I'll put together a nice battle video in a little while and post it here. there are some really epic battles in the game. I'll let you know thanks for the feedback

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Here is a better battle video although this is just a demonstration my characters have no chance of winning :) its a rushed video because im trying to get the new update under way today.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Gonna do the codexian thing and wait until someone else sacrifices his time and energy to tell us if it's worth it. Looks neat.

Kaivokz

Arcane
I fucking love the look of this. I'll be on it.
I was thinking the same thing. The only thing visually I don't like are the portraits, but from an isometric view the models all look great.

Bought it. Might not be able to play it today, but will probably give some early impressions tomorrow.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
We have an option to speed up the battles, there was a bug so we are fixing it. also in todays update we implemented the shortcut keys. you can set your own battle shortcuts like end turn ect...also has a quickbar for spells and stuff.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
I fucking love the look of this. I'll be on it.
I was thinking the same thing. The only thing visually I don't like are the portraits, but from an isometric view the models all look great.

Bought it. Might not be able to play it today, but will probably give some early impressions tomorrow.
Thank you for your support it helps us alot in order to make the game better.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Just got a report from someone saying that the installer did not create a shortcut to there desktop, if this happens the exe is inside the folder you installed it too game.exe im going to look into why this has happened, dont forget to hit f5 for full screen

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Absolute madman :salute:
Just got a report from someone saying that the installer did not create a shortcut to there desktop, if this happens the exe is inside the folder you installed it too game.exe im going to look into why this has happened, dont forget to hit f5 for full screen

do you have to install the game to the default folder on C: or do other folders work as well

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Absolute madman :salute:

do you have to install the game to the default folder on C: or do other folders work as well
no you can install it to any folder

Akichita

Barely Literate
I started playing Soul of War yesterday. I am already addicted. I am an old 2nd edition DnD player. I have played Diablo 1 & 2 and many games like them since I quit playing DnD. This game matches up with the Diablo games and the others like it. From what I am told and from what an NPC in the game alluded to, there is a way to get your own land later on in the game a build up a village of your own. That makes this far better than the every day hack and slash games. I look forward to getting my own land and building my own village.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Okay, played a little bit.

Some options before you start a new game.
eNN65Fa.png

The writing is sometimes charming, sometimes clunky. This is one of the more charming passages. (The gist of the prologue is that three brothers travel to an island to slay a medusa, but fail. The youngest brother flees and that's where the story picks up, but I'm not exactly sure how it's related.)
3jrhM8B.png

One of the more impressive D&D feat screens I've seen in a game. Makes it really easy to see dependencies.
nGJ9UUY.png

There are some alterations to the 3.5 ruleset. For example, weapon focus seems to just give a flat +1 attack to all weapons, or at least I was not prompted to pick a weapon.
nS8DeOI.png

Just a paladin slaying ratman bandit. Things to note: character model does not reflect armor. I am currently wearing leather armor and wielding a short sword with no shield (despite there being heavy armor and a shield on the model).
DjCxVp9.png

fishdoggames If you can, get an editor to go through your script—it could use some pruning and rewording to sound more natural in English.

Other small things I thought after playing for just a bit:
-The black bars that pop up on bottom and top of screen when looting are intrusive. Better to just show loot in event log.
-Feat screen shows feats for specific classes even if you don't have those classes. Could hide them for better usability.
-Right clicking for context menu to do everything is a bit awkward, might be nice to have it default to "move" when your turn starts, or click on enemy for attack, but still allow right-click for context menu. This is just a nitpick though. Context menu does work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom