Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soul of War Inspired by Dungeons & Dragons

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

This is a sweet looking game. I wish some poster had mentioned it to us sooner, but I guess there are no true fans of cRPGs on the Codex anymore.

Oh well.
I thought about putting it on kickstarter to get the funds to polish it, but im afraid it might be to late.

That was a joke about how a long time resident poster has been talking to himself down in Prosperium for the past couple days about how much we all suck and are cRPG fan posers because we didn't know about this game.

Beyond that, you should always KickStart, but probably with indie expectations.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
No, just get this game into good working order and have someone trustworthy on the 'dex vouch for it and I'll buy it for whatever and mail you the rest if it's good.

Make a good game and you'll have no problems funding the next one.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer

This is a sweet looking game. I wish some poster had mentioned it to us sooner, but I guess there are no true fans of cRPGs on the Codex anymore.

Oh well.
I thought about putting it on kickstarter to get the funds to polish it, but im afraid it might be to late.

That was a joke about how a long time resident poster has been talking to himself down in Prosperium for the past couple days about how much we all suck and are cRPG fan posers because we didn't know about this game.

Beyond that, you should always KickStart, but probably with indie expectations.

yes my downfall was i know nothing about kickstarter hahah

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
No, just get this game into good working order and have someone trustworthy on the 'dex vouch for it and I'll buy it for whatever and mail you the rest if it's good.

well said thats what ive been thinking too. i do have plans for the next one already but i want to polish this one and make sure all bugs are gone.

Desiderius

Patron

well said thats what ive been thinking too. i do have plans for the next one already but i want to polish this one and make sure all bugs are gone.

There is no next one until you clear your name. Only way to do that is to get a trusted source here to vouch for you. Do what it takes to get that done and you're good.

Until then you're blowing smoke.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I am giving him a break. Truth is valuable.

Shouldn't you be sucking Owlcat dicks with Pink Eye this late at night instead of ranting ?
He explained himself twice in this thread already, "remember" what happened to some other codexers working on their own games or not when the "shining kinights" squads got them kicked out of their jobs or attacked their morale daily ...

Desiderius

Patron

Shouldn't you be sucking Owlcat dicks with Pink Eye this late at night instead of ranting ?
He explained himself twice in this thread already, "remember" what happened to some other codexers working on their own games or not when the "shining kinights" squads got them kicked out of their jobs or attacked their morale daily ...

Ranting? I'm offering to pay the dude five times what he's asking if he's legit. I'm hoping he is so I can play his game. Looks like a good one.

Nice scare quotes on shit about which I have no idea what you're talking. It is remarkable how determined you are to continue tilting at this particular windmill. I'll go ahead and put you on ignore to prevent any further self harm.

ArchAngel

Arcane

This situation is in no way similar to what happened with Realms Beyond.

Desiderius

Patron
someone trustworthy on the 'dex
:nocountryforshitposters:
Stop being a melodramatic cunt. The game looks interesting for a indie game,tho it is shame that it is not on gog.

No one is being melodramatic. People were talking about price being the issue. Price isn't the issue, credibility is. People don't want to be conned. I held off on P:K for six months for the same reason. Show me something solid and I'll back you, then all the 'dex ankle-biters will call me a shill. That's your melodrama.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
someone trustworthy on the 'dex
:nocountryforshitposters:
Stop being a melodramatic cunt. The game looks interesting for a indie game,tho it is shame that it is not on gog.

No one is being melodramatic. People were talking about price being the issue. Price isn't the issue, credibility is. People don't want to be conned. I held off on P:K for six months for the same reason. Show me something solid and I'll back you, then all the 'dex ankle-biters will call me a shill. That's your melodrama.
- I am not melodramatic......then proceeds and goes on a tirade.

Desiderius

Patron
I am not melodramatic......then proceeds and goes on a tirade.

Uh, dude, if I was on a tirade, you'd know it. Ask Delterius. You're missing tone cues.

"I would have bought it but I missed the ($9.99 vs $12.99) sale" = "It's not you it's me."

Price isn't the issue.

Good devs learning how to monetize their work more effectively = more, better games.

Lukipaluki

Novice
I'm purchasing it tomorrow to hopefully hold me over for a time until a certain neurotic Frenchman releases his highly anticipated game.

It reminds me so far on ToEE but made on a budget by a single guy in his spare time. If Brigand: Oaxaca / Panama is anything to go off of, I'm sure it will be good.

So far the author in question has demonstrated that he cares about his own product and is actively updating it. It may end up being a really polished game in the future so I'm interested.

Desiderius

Patron
I'm purchasing it tomorrow to hopefully hold me over for a time until a certain neurotic Frenchman releases his highly anticipated game.

It reminds me so far on ToEE but made on a budget by a single guy in his spare time. If Brigand: Oaxaca / Panama is anything to go off of, I'm sure it will be good.

So far the author in question has demonstrated that he cares about his own product and is actively updating it. It may end up being a really polished game in the future so I'm interested.

Let me know what you think. If you like it I'm in.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Just letting everyone know the sale ended last night, if by chance you want to play the game but really can't afford it send me a pm. but if you can afford it please buy it because it helps me to make the game better.
Really find your game promising, you seem to be meeting the right points, liked the art style and that it is party based TB.

There will be a GoG or Steam release? Dude, when I see USD, I have a PTSD reaction and feel a deep anxiety, I still dont know the reason of this psychological issue but I think it all started when I saw my currency conversion rate to dollars last time.

In terms of content, what game inspired you? ToEE, Baldurs Gate? What sort of content I can expect? Combat focused? C&C focused?

What is the size of the world? The number of side quests? The size of the dungeons?

What are the details about the world building? How many serious quest hubs are in it? How about some backstory on your world and locations in it?What is your opinion on RPGs? What you like/hate about them? What you think you can offer?

You seem to like what you do, reading that excitement on your own words would make me more interested as well.

Man, be free and sell your fish, dont wait for us lazy internet bums to stop being lazy. Talk about your world and how would be interesting for us to explore? Right now I see your game as promising but you need to convince me why trying out you game is a good idea, a cRPG is huge and can take hours to make a decent impression on a game, that can easily amount to an entire week of free time.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Thanks.. I was inspired by ToEE I loved that game, (also KOTC inspired me as well that game is a true master piece as far as the battle system goes.) Soul of War is heavy into combat but very rewarding, there are stories and quests and lots of npc's to talk to. i have finished the update for today its uploading now. this is what it adds:
Added raise dead potions
12 more additional monster types
2 more dungeons
made town npc's animations smoother
made a script for more random loot
added 22 new npc's
also moved some battles because the black info box was getting in the way
revamped the story (Thanks to Falksi)

Lots of things I add or change because I listen to all the requests people put in and things they would like to see.
The Npc's animations run a lot smoother I hired someone to help me with them.

The main story is pretty long it starts out slow but progresses pretty fast when you get to a certain point, Don't want to say to much about the main story because of spoilers. It is about 3 brothers go on a quest to hunt down the legendary Medusa the younger brother was the only one who escaped, 5 years later things start to happen and he gets dragged into it.

I love turn based rpgs, I dont like mashing the button 1k times, I loved the story of BG and the characters but I hated the battle system spells were useless unless you rooted enemies first.
I love old school rpgs gold box games, wizardry, might and magic, bards tale....many many more.

All I can say is if your like me and love true rpgs you need to give this game a try it is really fun and lots of surprises. I myself always get the urge to want to play my own game but then i get disappointed because I know everything, but I do fart around with the battles lol.

Also everyone that has played it loves it so far, I have a few people say they cant stop playing it. I wish I could find a rpg I feel that way about, but I've played them all lol

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
I posted about this game last Tuesday in the "Obscure Indies" thread (https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-updated-jan-2020.106945/page-21#post-6598998). Glad to see the dev here and a generally positive reception from the people who are playing it. Also glad to see that the Codex is doing this thread *Codex style*; i.e. aggressively REEing to establish thread dominance.
Thanks for posting about it, it means a lot to me. There is a french news rpg website and one of the editors played it and loves it, he put it up on his site. now hes looking for a french translator to translate the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom