Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soul of War Inspired by Dungeons & Dragons

ntonystinson

Scholar
just wanted to keep everyone in the loop GOG has agreed to accept Soul of War, they are also gonna help me with publishing and the graphics, they will help me with the ui ...they said it was ok but could use some work. also they informed me to take down the trailer. shit i paid to have that trailer made lol. anyways im happy. i know the game is not perfect but it is a game i would love to play if someone else created it...its not everyday we get to play a d&d game on the pc (unless we have already played it)
Aw really happy right now. Your game looks really promising and I'm glad you are getting a platform that can showcase that

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Update: v1.3b was uploaded at itch this morning,
fixes the python bug in the chaos dungeon. also fixes the trip on hellhounds causing a crash.
Again thanks for playing!

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
just wanted to keep everyone in the loop GOG has agreed to accept Soul of War, they are also gonna help me with publishing and the graphics, they will help me with the ui ...they said it was ok but could use some work. also they informed me to take down the trailer. shit i paid to have that trailer made lol. anyways im happy. i know the game is not perfect but it is a game i would love to play if someone else created it...its not everyday we get to play a d&d game on the pc (unless we have already played it)

:yeah:

Sir, you just got yourself another happy customer! Will buy the game the moment it comes to GOG.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer

:yeah:

Sir, you just got yourself another happy customer! Will buy the game the moment it comes to GOG.

Thanks for your support! They sent me a long email with a whole bunch of questions and stuff I filled it out this morning and emailed back to them, now just waiting to see what happens next

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
I'm currently working on having the weapons and armor change on the character sprite when something is equipped, it is also gonna be a requirement from GOG. I'll put a video up later today of the first class I have done let me know what you guys think. I have a whole lot of work to do because there is male and female on each and every class.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Looking for a few people that can help me play test the new equipment menu and a few other things. Thank you

I'm currently working on having the weapons and armor change on the character sprite when something is equipped, it is also gonna be a requirement from GOG. I'll put a video up later today of the first class I have done let me know what you guys think. I have a whole lot of work to do because there is male and female on each and every class.
Congratulations. I'm surprised they're making that a requirement. My main issue with graphics is one of visibility and clarity. They are many times where its nearly impossible to tell what's going on, or distinguish between the characters and the environment. Its especially bad at night time; you really can't see anything, particularly underground. I'm glad camping supplies are readily available now, just so I can pass time to daylight.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Congratulations. I'm surprised they're making that a requirement. My main issue with graphics is one of visibility and clarity. They are many times where its nearly impossible to tell what's going on, or distinguish between the characters and the environment. Its especially bad at night time; you really can't see anything, particularly underground. I'm glad camping supplies are readily available now, just so I can pass time to daylight.
You never bought lanterns? there are torches and lanterns you can buy to brighten things up if its night fall. Im taking a break now and gonna play UO (Ultima Online) I'm a GM on a shard but I love to make players lives hell when i get in a mood lol

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
I've decided im going to give everyone a chance to play the game for free, this link will only be good till tomorrow at 12pm eastern. please let me know what you think about the game good or bad.
https://fishdog-games.itch.io/soul-of-war

If you enjoy the game and can afford it please shoot me a tip on itch

https://fishdog-games.itch.io/soul-of-war
Can someone sacrifice their computer and try that link?
oh my...i wouldnt do that my friend! i own a computer store in sayre, pa. i would never hurt anyones comp like that. and there has been 34 downloads since i posted it so they have already tried it lol Not to mention it would take a very low life person to try and infect someones computer specially during these awful times we are having.

Last edited:
You never bought lanterns? there are torches and lanterns you can buy to brighten things up if its night fall. Im taking a break now and gonna play UO (Ultima Online) I'm a GM on a shard but I love to make players lives hell when i get in a mood lol
Ok, I must be blind, cause I'm just not seeing where to buy torches or lanterns. The best I've found is camping supplies, which says lamps are included, from the blacksmith in Trent. But I'm not seeing any way to use those lamps. The other two merchants I've found in Trent have a couple minor magic items, but no light sources.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom