Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soundtrack in FLAC format?

roshan

Arcane
So, how could I get a hold of the soundtrack to this game in FLAC? Would love to have that and also the Neo Scavenger OST in FLAC. Josh Culler is the new Mark Morgan!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So, how could I get a hold of the soundtrack to this game in FLAC? Would love to have that and also the Neo Scavenger OST in FLAC. Josh Culler is the new Mark Morgan!

Sell your soul to the devil.

epeli

Arcane
Good question, maybe ask the composer. Awakened_Yeti?

Regarding Underrail's OST, one track is curiously missing from the GOG.com 320k MP3 soundtrack so there already is a reason to update it.

roshan

Arcane
Good question, maybe ask the composer. Awakened_Yeti?

Regarding Underrail's OST, one track is curiously missing from the GOG.com 320k MP3 soundtrack so there already is a reason to update it.

I listen to the OGG files from the game, seems like it's 499 KBPS, so higher quality than the GOG soundtrack release?

epeli

Arcane
roshan no, bit rate is not a measurement of audio quality. I mentioned it because I thought you would know it's enough. 320 kbps is the maximum nominal bitrate for MP3 (500 kbps for OGG) and you couldn't distinguish either from FLAC.

However, the game files and the soundtrack are different. The GOG OST seems to be remastered for listening rather than playing nice with other game audio and game systems.

roshan

Arcane
I'm guessing that if you use onboard audio + ordinary desktop speakers you wouldn't be able to distinguish it at all, and I've heard that mentioned a lot and actually accepted it as true until recently, but I've started listening to FLAC audio and IMO with a little better equipment there's a fairly significant difference between the two. Not enough that you can tell if a track is FLAC or MP3, but if you listened to the lossy and lossless versions side by side, the FLAC tracks usually sound better. And right now disk space being mostly a non-issue, I figured I might as well upgrade my entire music collection to lossless.

Desert Fish

Educated
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm guessing that if you use onboard audio + ordinary desktop speakers you wouldn't be able to distinguish it at all, and I've heard that mentioned a lot and actually accepted it as true until recently, but I've started listening to FLAC audio and IMO with a little better equipment there's a fairly significant difference between the two. Not enough that you can tell if a track is FLAC or MP3, but if you listened to the lossy and lossless versions side by side, the FLAC tracks usually sound better.
Very, very few people can pass blind tests with high bitrate. Unless you've already tried ABX software, chances are you're deluding yourself. I used a Foobar plug-in with some good headphones, known to be more revealing than many decent speaker setups. It was a humbling experience.

The main benefit of lossless is that you can encode to whichever lossy format and bitrate you prefer for mobile use.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom