Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News South Park: The Stick of Truth Official Trailer Released, Release Date Announced

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; South Park: The Stick of Truth; THQ

THQ has announced that Obsidian's South Park: The Stick of Truth will release on March 5 simultaneously on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. Today's E3 has also seen the showcase of a brand new trailer for the game:

Moreover, the Xbox 360 version will come with Kinect functionality. Fancy that! Eurogamer reports:

South Park: The Stick of Truth will be releasing on March 5 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC - and the Xbox 360 version will come complete with Kinect functionality and exclusive pre-order incentives.

The Kinect functionality is limited to voice control, with the motion controller giving players the ability to taunt enemies. And call Cartman a 'fat ass', of course.

The pre-order incentives include a weapon pack as well as the Mysterion Superhero Pack, a costume pack that allows you to dress up, funnily enough, as a superhero.

Microsoft also took the opportunity to announce that DLC for South Park: The Stick of Truth will be coming to Xbox 360 first. The show-offs.​

No comments.

Morkar Left

It's so ridiculess that it could actually be cool. Needs gameplay vids, though.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
HPz3h.png

almondblight

Arcane
I'm pretty sure some of that is gameplay. Look at the JRPG-style fighting scenes (each team lined up facing each other, someone running out and attacking, or summoning a bear/Jesus).

Duraframe300

Arcane

And? What's so bad about it. I mean seriously?

There's already a few good quips in the trailer alone and I don't see anything that screams "deeeeecline". The pre-order bullshit is annoying, but this is nothing new. (New Vegas had the XBOX bullshit too and retailer specific bonuses)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There's already a few good quips in the trailer alone and I don't see anything that screams "deeeeecline".
PopaMario JRPG combat is a dealbreaker for lotsa people here. That and the fact that it's South Park instead of (something they'd find more interesting).

deuxhero

Arcane
No mentions that Parker and Stone mocked MS at MS's own press conference? I thought that the final nail in "MS's confrence is total shit"

Stinger

Arcane
Paper Mario combat is ok, it'd be good if there was an isometric element to placing the units on a grid before engaging them with paper mario style combat, similar to how Devil Survivor is a hybrid of both isometric turn based strategy and blobber combat. By itself paper mario combat is a little bland since timed hits and button mashing substituting for dice rolls means that you can basically just dodge any attacks and score maximum damage off every turn.

Deleted member 7219

Who the fuck are all these new people with the same avatar?

Duraframe300

Arcane
There's already a few good quips in the trailer alone and I don't see anything that screams "deeeeecline".
PopaMario JRPG combat is a dealbreaker for lotsa people here. That and the fact that it's South Park instead of (something they'd find more interesting).

But we knew that half a year ago. It's not like we found out about that in this trailer. And well South Park. Depends on if you like the humor I guess.

I don't quite get though why a parody rpg by a company whose arguably (Avellone) biggest heights were turning fantasy clichees on its head is such a bad thing.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
South Park is shit. Take 5 episodes and you're lucky if 2 are funny. Unless this game is loaded with content and replayability I can't see it holding it's own.

But hey, hopefully this will be the breakthrough hit Obsidian needs to stay alive.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
It may be wise to acknowledge your average adult may not be the target audience for a South Park game.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
It may also be wise to acknowledge that codexers are by and large neither normal or adult.

I'd disagree. Considering the time when classic RPGs were most popular, I'd guess the average Codexer age is over 20 years old and closer to 30.

I could be wrong of course.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom