Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

South Park: The Stick of Truth (PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION)

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Suck it down :lol:

Trey Parker and Matt Stone have never been shy about their love of gaming. From Randy Marsh playing Guitar Hero in his underpants to the legendary "Make Love, Not Warcraft" episode, the comic duo have demonstrated an obvious familiarity with the medium. Now that they've conquered television, film, and Broadway, the next target on their hit list is the gaming industry.

Thanks to a collaboration with THQ and Obsidian, Parker and Stone are writing the script, performing the dialogue, and overseeing the development of South Park: The Game. Unlike the cash-in Acclaim titles from over a decade ago, this ambitious project is a full-scale RPG for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. As the new kid in South Park, it'll be up to you to make friends and defend the town from a wide range of threats. Be sure to check out our January issue for all the details, as well as an interview with Parker and Stone themselves.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... -park.aspx

Edit: Looks like it's coming for PC as well, the article got edited.

Damnit, MCA. :rpgcodex:

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
19tj88.jpg

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Could be interetsuing. But, the hardcore MCA fanbois will be raging with their cocks since he's not the main writer. HA!

Is it turn base or real time? What's the character system like?

Kinda reminds me of BIO's S:RPG except it's actually on console so I might actually buy this one.

R00fles!

Nope

Liturgist
MCA's honest opinions being infuriating as usual. Console-only and based on a really shitty franchise?
Hopefully the Wheel of Time game might turn out to be a decent braid-tugging and skirt straightening simulator.
:mca:

Repressed Homosexual
This is just about a worst case scenario.

I think this proves Obsidian's survival is assured, since there'll always be someone needing an RPG developer, even if the source material is awful.

deuxhero

Arcane
FFS, Obsidian isn't even doing the writing! What's the fucking point?

How is this something you had to work on Feargus?

Black

Arcane
The fuck. In another thread I said to not expect anything and you won't be disappointed.
I didn't expect anything and yet I still am disappointed.

Well done obsibian.

They have fucking Tim Cain and they're using him for this, after cockteasing that MAYBE there'll be an Arcanum sequel? Are you kidding me?

Go home, guys, gaming is dead.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Humanity has risen! said:
This is just about a worst case scenario.

I think this proves Obsidian's survival is assured, since there'll always be someone needing an RPG developer, even if the source material is awful.
Do people really want Obsidian to survive? The only thing that makes them better than Bethesda or Bioware is the writing.

Peter

Arcane
deuxhero said:
FFS, Obsidian isn't even doing the writing! What's the fucking point?

How is this something you had to work on Feargus?

Dude, Feargus is probably the happiest man on the Earth right now. He's finally gotten what he's wanted for all these years: the venerable Slam Dunk™

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Black said:
The fuck. In another thread I said to not expect anything and you won't be disappointed.
I didn't expect anything and yet I still am disappointed.

Go home, guys, gaming is dead.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
The biggest troll of them all
rrul8nw3.png

Comments are also ranging from hilarious to hilariously sad.

blapa said:
YESSS!! So excited to see more on this. I don't think GI would do a cover if it didn't look impressive. I would love a really good south park game. And an rpg none the less.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom